Gone

Derek's POV

It's been a few days since Courtney's been gone and we still have no lead. Jake and her parents have been working so hard and have sent out a search team for her but it's like she disappeared from the Earth. 

Every day she's gone I feel even worse for not being fast enough on the day that she was taken. I could have saved her and kept her from getting taken away. Every night I haven't been able to sleep because I just can't stop thinking about what's been happening to her. I keep having dreams about her getting beaten or hurt and I can't stand it. 

" Derek you alright? You've been silent for the whole meeting." Jake looked at me with sadness. 

He was hit the worst when I told him about what happened. He was Court's big brother after all so it made sense. He thought it was his fault because he didn't watch over her like he used to. He blames everything on himself from the bullying that she went through at school all the way to her getting kidnapped. 

" Yea I'm fine Jake. How are you holding up?" He looked at me with sad eyes.

" It's my fault and you know it I should have been there to protect her. I should have watched over her just like I did when we were kids." By now he was getting riled up and started to pull at his hair. 

" Jake calm down! It's gonna be okay. We will find Courtney and then we can take care of whoever took her away from us alright?" He slowly started to calm down and looked at me with fear in his eyes.

" What if we don't get her back? What if we're too late Derek? What if they already beat her to death or raped her and now she is just sitting there in pain waiting for death to come? What if we can't get back my baby sister?" Jake burst into tears and walked away. 

I felt terrible and have been thinking the same thing. What if we are too late? What if she's already gone. But I stopped thinking like that because I know that she is okay. I can feel it. 

A few minutes later Courtney's parents came by and were talking in whisper's.

" Did you guys find anything?" They looked at me nervously and looked back at each other. 

" Derek do you know anyone who would have a grudge against Courtney besides the people at school?" I looked at them in confusion and then remembered how she talked about her crazy ex.

" Yea her ex-boyfriend Zach I think his name was? She always said how he would try to get with her no matter what. Do you think he took her?" By the look on her parents face, I knew it was him.

" Come on let's do some research and see where he was last scene." We all crowded around a computer and searched for him for the rest of the night. 

As we were searching I thought to myself, we will get you back Courtney no matter what.

Courtney's POV

 I woke up to sunlight streaming into my room from the window. As I tried to sit up I felt a stinging pain go down my back. I laid back down and looked at my body. 

I saw stab wounds all over but they were covered in bandages that were soaked in my blood.

" Fucking shit! What did he do to me?" I tried getting up again but the pain was too much for me to bear. 

I tried to get up after a few minutes. It hurt like a fucking bitch but I dealt with it. I got on my feet and tried to walk to the bathroom but I just fell over from my legs being too weak. I got up again and walked into the bathroom to see my face covered in bruises.

I looked down to see the rest of my body covered in bruises and hand marks. I felt blood slowly trickling down my back so I tried to stop the bleeding by pushing towels into my wounds. I winced as I started to clean off the blood. 

" Baby are you awake? How ya doing? Are you ready for round two?" I heard Zach come into the room. I slammed the door shut and locked it. 

" Oh, so you think you can hide from me? Sorry baby girl but you're gonna stay here with me forever." 

Next thing ya know he was knocking down the door. I screamed and tried to cover myself since I was naked. 

" It's okay baby. You don't have to hide yourself from me. I have already seen everything. Remember last night? How we made wonderful love last night?" He came closer to me and I tried to run around him but he caught me. I pushed him away.

" We did not make love last night you raped and hurt me! You tortured me last night! What we did was nothing close to love!" He looked at me with fury in his eyes and next thing ya know I was pushed into the bedroom again. 

" Fine if last night wasn't love then this will be!" He started to chain me to the bed again.

" Please, Zach! Just stop just let me go, please! If you let me go then you can go and find the girl that you really love!" He stopped and looked at me in the eyes.

" You are my true love and you will love me eventually! So come on baby girl let's have some fun!" I tried to get away from him but he kept pulling me towards him. 

As I was trying to get away the door burst open and Zach stopped to yell at the intruder but paused when he saw who it was. I couldn't see who it was so I tried to move away. When I saw who was there I was shocked.

" Derek?" I was so happy with joy to see him.

" Stay away from her Zach! Slowly step away and no one will get hurt." He had a gun pointed straight at Zach.

" How the hell did you find us? Whatever if I can't have my true love then no one can!" Zach unlocked the handcuffs and pulled me into the corner of the room. 

To say I was scared would be wrong, I was terrified. Zach put a knife to my throat and turned around so Derek would see. 

" You step any closer, she dies Derek. Now you wouldn't want little old Courtney to die would you?" 

Derek looked at me with a pained expression. I looked at him scared.

" It's okay Derek. Just let me die, it will be fine. Just know that I love you and I want you to live on, alright? Live your life and find someone who will treat you good." He looked at me with tears in his eyes. 

" No Courtney! I'm not gonna lose you! I love you! Let her go, Zach!" He moved a step closer.

" You heard the girl Derek, she wants to die. Glad to know you two professed your love for each other. Say goodbye Courtney." I looked at Derek with a sad smile and felt the blade slowly cut my throat. 

" Courtney No!" I felt Zach let go of my body and I dropped to the floor.

" Goodbye Derek." 

I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, 

So I felt bad for not updating because of my parents and all so here's a new update! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Bye 

Alyssa

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE