It's A Date

Once I walked back to Jake's room , my aunt and uncle were gone. So I asked Cindy where they went.

" They went to go and eat something." I nodded and walked into Jake's room. When I walked in he was watching T.V.

" Even when you crippled you still can't stay away from watching T.V. can you." He chuckled then shook his head.

" You know me so well Courtney." I chuckled and sat next to him on his bed.

" I'm sorry." I said to him.

" For what?" He asked me with confusion written all over his face.

" For doing this to you. The guys who beat you up would have never come if I hadn't told anyone about the notes I was getting from Zach and his 'friends'." I said to him with a frown on my face.

" This isn't your fault Court. And you know that. Even if you told us about these notes that you got from those guys. I still would have gotten hurt or someone else that you love. Like Derek for instance." I blushed.

" I don't love Derek. Hell I don't even like him." I looked down at my hands so Jake couldn't see me blushing. I looked up at him and saw him giving me a pointed look.

" You know you can talk to me about boy's right?" I nodded and him and laughed.

" Even if I did like Derek though, he would never like me back. He is the school's bad boy and number one player. Even when we were eating right now one of his one night stands came up and kissed him in front of me. Plus why would he ever like a nerd like me." I looked at Jake at the end of my rant and saw him looking at me with a scowl.

" Don't you ever say that about yourself any guy would be grateful for having you as a girlfriend. Anybody. So don't go around saying that your useless. Only people who don't have anything to live for say that. You are an Agent. You risk you life everyday. You are not useless ok. And if Derek doesn't see that, then it's his lost. Okay?" I nodded and gave him a hug.

" Thanks Jake. This is why your my favorite brother." I smiled at him. He laughed at me.

" I'm your only brother." I laughed at him then nodded.

" Exactly your my favorite brother." I told him as I got up.

He chuckled. I smiled at him and got up from the chair.

" Well I'm going home. I'm tired. See ya later bro." I gave Jake a kiss on his cheek and walked out of the room. When I walked out I saw Derek sitting in a chair close to the room. When he noticed me coming out he stood up and walked to me.

" Courtney. Can I talk to you please?" I looked into his eyes and saw regret. I nodded to answer his question.

" Courtney. I know I used to be a player and all but I haven't slept with a girl since we started hanging out. Please just give me a chance to prove that I won't hurt you ever. Please Courtney." I looked at him with a straight face.

" What does you being a player have to do with anything. I don't care if you slept with a million girls while we were hanging out. I mean we were just friends. Right. But I will give one chance." He smiled at me.

"Will you Courtney please escort me Derek on a date this Friday at 7 o' clock?" I looked up at him with a straight face for like 5 minutes just in silence. I watched his face crumple in front of me.

" Yes." I said to him then smiled as his face turned from sad to happiness in about 3 seconds. He picked me up and spun me around. I giggled into his neck.

" Okay. So now that that is settled want a ride home?" Derek asked me. I shook my head.

" Nah. It's ok. I drove my car here. I'll see ya tomorrow. " I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and turned around and walked away.