Ruined

Derek's POV

I sat down on my bed and closed my eyes. I had just gotten back from picking up a deal for my dad. This is what my life has come to. I hate myself for letting me get to such a desperate state that I decided to do the one thing I swore that I would never do. Courtney would be so disappointed in me, but who cares because she's not in my life anymore. 

 It's been a few weeks since I last saw Courtney and I  miss her so much. I've thought of her every single day. On every deal she's always in the back of my head saying how disappointed she is for getting to this point. I cry every night thinking of her. I loved her and I let her go. 

I opened my eyes and rubbed my face to feel tears running down my face. 

" Why are you crying? You wanted to let her go!" I hear my friend Davy yell at me.

" I know I did but I just realized how dumb I was. I want her back dude. I can't stand another day without her. Do you think she will take me back?" I looked at him. 

" Look Derek that was your decision. You decided to leave her and during the hardest part of her life. She was just kidnapped. You left her when she was going to need you most. Do not use the same excuse that you were just trying to protect her because that is bullshit. If you really loved her then you would be with her right now, holding her and caring for her through this rough patch. Instead you are doing the one thing that you promised yourself you would never do. You are destroying your life and you probably destroyed Courtney's too." 

I was shocked. Davy has never once talked to me like that. I stood up and started walking away. 

" Where are you going now?" I smiled and grabbed the doorknob. 

" I'm going to go get my girl." I was walking out. 

" What if she doesn't want to see you Der?" I stopped and faced him. 

" I don't know but if she ever taught me something it was to always try." Davy smiled and closed the door. 

I got in the car and just sat there. What if Davy was right? What if she hated me? What if she found someone else? I shook those thoughts from my head and started driving to the one place I knew she would be. 

Courtney's POV

" Jakeyyyyyyyyy can you get me my pills!" I yelled from the couch. The pain was starting to come back and I couldn't deal with it. 

I continued watching tv and started watching four weddings. Everything looked terrible I would have given a 3 to everyone. As Jake gave me my pills there was a knock at the door. 

" I got it. You stay there and cover yourself it's cold." Jake said. 

As the door opened I heard his voice. The one voice that I have been dreaming of ever since the attack. I cried when I read his letter and I had finally blocked out all of the emotions from it but after hearing his deep voice again everything came back. 

I stood up slowly and walked near the door. I saw him and he saw me. His dark colored eyes, his messy hair and damn did I miss that smile of his. When he looked at me his eyes brightened. He tried stepping in but Jake stopped him. 

He looked at me with a desperate look.

" Courtney I just want to talk. I'm sorry okay. I should have never left." I felt my eyes starting to water. I stepped back and felt the banister, I ran upstairs as quick as I could with the pain starting.

I heard Jake get pushed down and heard Derek running behind me. I got to my room and tried closing the door but he there before I could close it. 

" Leave me alone Derek I don't want to see or hear from you. You broke me down. Worse then I have ever been hurt before." By now I was full on crying. 

" Courtney I know I hurt you and I am so sorry but I came back. I'm here now. I love you Courtney so much. Leaving you was the dumbest decision that I have ever done." 

By now he was already in my room. He was slowly walking towards me as I was sitting on the floor in a ball. 

" Just leave me alone. You broke my heart. You hurt me more then Sean. I knew you were going to hurt me, I should have never fallen for you. I knew it was just going to bite me in the ass. I loved you Derek but you broke me. You messed with my emotions. You left me after I was attacked. When I woke up I wanted to see you first, but instead all I saw was Jake holding that stupid note. You left me when I needed you most. I hate you." I stared at him and he looked so defeated. 

" Courtney I love you. I always will. It was to protect you," He looked down," Please Court just give me another chance." I shook my head and got up. Getting up to quick caused me to fall onto my bed. 

Derek tried to help me. I put my hands out. 

" Don't touch me. Leave Derek." I covered myself and started to cry harder from the pain of him and my wound. 

" I love you Courtney." He walked out after that. 

Jake came upstairs to check on me. He came into the sheets and held me. I hugged him and cried into his shirt. 

" How ya feeling?" I shook my head I didn't want to talk about it. 

" I still love him Jake. What am I supposed to do?" He kissed my head.

" Well, you can either go back to your life without him and find someone who will treat you way better then him or you can go back after him. Whatever you choose it's your decision Court." I laid on his chest and thought until I fell asleep. 

What am I supposed to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Hey guys it's me! I know a lot of you are probably super pissed at me for being really really super duper late on updating but i'm so sorry. My parents blamed wattpad for a C that I had gotten so they basically took it away from me. I got it back so now I will hopefully be updating more. 

What do you guys think I should do for Courtneys decision. Comment if you think she should forget about Derek and move on or Vote to see her get back with Derek. Choose what yall think and whichever one gets more then thats what I will do. 

Bye. Love you guys!