Expecto Patronum!/25

You were glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Years, and Gryffindor tower became crowed and noisy again. The gossip about yours and Harry's Firebolts spread around like a wildfire. Wood was absolutely thrilled about it once he found out.

"Firebolts? No! Seriously? Real- real Firebolts?" Oliver gasped at a lost of words.

"Don't get to excited, Oliver," said Harry gloomily. "We haven't got them anymore. They were confiscated."

You explained all about how the Firebolts were being checked for jinxes.

"Jinxed? How could they be jinxed?"

"Dear old Daddy." you said, taking a sip of your pumpkin juice. "He's supposed to be after me and Harry. So McGonagall, and bless her for it, took them away."

"But Black couldn't have bought a Firebolt! He's on the run! The whole country's on the lookout for him! How could he just walk in Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a broomstick?" Wood said, waving aside the information that a famous murderer was after two of his team members.

"I know," said Harry, "but McGonagall still wants to strip them down-"

Oliver went pale.

"I'll go talk to her," he promised. "I'll make her see reason...Firebolts... real Firebolts, on our team...She wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do...I'll make her see sense. Two Firebolts..."

Oliver muttered as he walked out of the Great Hall.

"He's mental." George laughed, pouring a glass of pumpkin juice and shaking his head.

"Oh a complete nutter." Fred agreed.

You laughed as you finished your breakfast.

"Come on,we have to go to Care for Magical Creatures." you looked at Fred, who was no longer smiling.

"Can we please just skip?" he groaned, laying his head down on the table. "He'll give us an acceptable either way."

"No." you replied, standing up from the bench. "Get up."

"Ugh!" Fred whined.

You chuckled as you watched the tall boy drag himself up from his seat.

"Oh stop being such a baby." you laughed.

"Piss off." he whined.

The two of you headed down to the grounds, where Hagrid was standing next to a bonfire full of salamanders for your classes enjoyment. The lesson was quite enjoyable, you spent the whole class collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing while the flame-loving lizards scampered up and down the crumbling, white-hot logs. Fred kept trying to reach into the fire to hold one, but when he almost caught his robes in the fire, you stopped him.

"You wanker." you laughed as you pulled him away from the fire.

"I almost had it!" he moaned.

"Sure you did, Freddie." you laughed.

Fred rolled his eyes as you made fun of him for almost burning his clothes to ash.

The rest of the day went by painfully slow. McGonagall had the whole class reading the history of Transfiguration, and Professor Flitwick was giving a lecture on the importance of wrist movements. Fred and George nearly fell asleep as the small man spoke about useless charms.

It wasn't until after Defense against the Dark Arts that the boring day became more eventful.

"Miss Black?" Lupin called after he dismissed the class for lunch. "May I have a word?"