The World Cup part.1/31

You felt as tough you had barely laid down to sleep when Ginny's room was being shaken awake by Mrs. Weasley.

"Time to go, Y/n, dear," she whispered, moving away to wake up Hermione and Ginny.

You stretched your arms, and sat up. Toffee was slowing stirring next to you, meowing lightly as though you were disturbing her.

It was still dark outside.

Ginny mumbled something in her sleep as her mother tried to shake her awake. Hermione must have woken up because of the noise, because she too was yawning and stretching out her limbs.

Once Ginny finally woke, the three of you dressed in silence, too sleepy to talk.

When you were finished, you headed downstairs into the kitchen.

Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. When he spotted you, he spread his arms out so that you could clearly see the clothes that he was wearing.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "we're supposed to go incognito- do I look like a Muggle, Hermione?"

You looked at his outfit, which appeared to be a golfing sweater, (Ted had one in the very back of his closet)  a very old pair of jeans, and a thick leather belt.

"Yes," said Hermione, smiling. "Very good."

Mr. Weasley gave a proud smile and gestured for the three of you to sit.

You took a chair in the middle of the table and leaned your head on your palm, the tiredness trying to take a hold of you. 

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down across from you.

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr. Weasley.

"Walk?" said a voice from the bottom of the stairs."What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

Harry, Ron, Fred, and George were all walking towards the table, sleep still highly present in their minds. 

"No, no, that's miles away." said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on huge occasions like the Quidditch World Cup-"

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Percy?" said Fred, as he sat next to you, leaning his head on your shoulder with a yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving a large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" said George grumpily, pouring his bowl of porridge towards him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test." snapped Mrs. Weasley.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes," said Mr, Weasley, tucking the tickets safely into the back pocket of his jeans. The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparation, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. This pair i'm talking about went and got Splinched themselves."

You winced at the words, when Dora was training to be an Auror, she Splinched her fingers off.

"Were they okay?" Harry asked, startled.