Dog chains/23

You had woken up to find the dormitory deserted. You rubbed your eyes and stood up, walking downstairs to the common room. 

"You look terrible." George commented as he spotted you from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Where is everyone?" you yawned, sitting down on the couch next to Fred. 

"Gone! It's the first day of the holidays, remember?"  said Fred, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Sleep well?" 

"Yeah." you nodded, leaning into his side. 

"I'd hope so." George laughed. "It's nearly lunchtime; I was going to drag you down in a minute." 

You shook your head and looked into the fire. Snow was still falling outside the window. Toffee was spread out in front of the fire like a large, fluffy rug. 

"You feeling okay?" Fred whispered to you.

"I'm fine," you said, truthfully.

"Promise." he raised his eyebrows at you. 

"Promise." you said slightly amused. 

The three of you stayed in the common room for most of the afternoon, playing wizard chess and brewing the poly juice potion for your prank against Pucey. 

"Do you have everything?" George questioned, reading over the list of ingredients. 

"Yes. Do you have the frog skin?" you inquired. 

"Yeah. We borrowed  it from Snape last week." Fred laughed, handing you the vile of slimy flesh. 

"Brilliant." you smirked, pouring it into the finished potion. It changed into an awful green color and bubbled up, nearly overflowing the cauldron that laid on the floor. 

"Gross," Fred scrunched up his nose in disgust.

Okay, now all we have to do is wait until Pucey gets back from holiday, then we  slip this in his pumpkin juice and Voila!" you grinned, pouring the potion into a small container. 

"That git deserves it." George hissed. 

"Oh 100%," said Fred, sitting down on the floor and grabbing a handful of jelly slugs. 

When it was time to head to dinner, the three of you walked down to the Great Hall. The castle had its usual Christmas decorations hung, despite the fact that hardly any of the students remained to enjoy them. Thick streamers of holly and mistletoe were strung along the corridors, mysterious lights shone from inside every suit of armor, and the Great Hall was filled with its usual twelve Christmas trees, glittering with golden stars. A powerful and delicious smell of cookies pervaded the corridors.

You sat at the almost empty Gryffindor table, the only students being there were the other Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione.  You were nervous to approach them, not having talked to Harry about what you had over heard the day before. 

"Hey," said Fred sitting down next to his younger brother. 

"Hi," the three third years said in unison, their voices gloomy. 

"What's wrong young ones." George asked, mirroring his brother. 

"We've just visited Hagrid." Hermione answered in a hushed tone. 

"Buckbeak has a court date with the Committee of The Disposal of Dangerous Creatures." Harry sighed. 

You put your hand over your mouth, Buckbeak wasn't dangerous. He was just defending his honor. You couldn't believe Draco would really rather let him die then admit he was wrong for insulting him.