Quidditch matches and Family Gatherings/28

Everyone's spirits were high the next morning. All the Slytherins were on edge because of what happened to Adrian, and Ravenclaw looked absolutely thunderstruck at the sight of two real Firebolts.

Wood, too, was basking in the reflected glory of the Firebolts.

"Put it here, Y/n," he said, laying the brooms in the middle of the table and carefully turning it so that it's name faced upward.

"There's no way we could lose today." Wood beamed. "Two Firebolts! Bless Merlin!"

Eventually, people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff started coming over to take a look at the new brooms. Cedric congratulated you and Harry on having such fine equipment, and Percy's girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater, asked if she could hold your broom for a second.

"Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" said Percy heartily as she examined the Firebolt closely. "Penelope and I have got a bet on, Ten galleons on the outcome of the match!" he told the team.

Penelope smiled and put down the Firebolt again, thanked you, and went back to her table.

"Y/n- make sure you win," said Percy, in an urgent whisper. " I haven't got Ten Galleons. Yes i'm coming Penny!" and he bustled off to join his lovely girlfriend.

"I still can't believe Percy was the first one of us to get a long time girlfriend." George groaned, shoving in a unnecessary amount of porridge into his mouth.

"Didn't Bill date that one Hufflepuff his seventh year?" you questioned, pouring more pumpkin juice into your goblet.

"Yeah, but it was nothing serious." Fred answered, eyeing a certain blonde that was coming over to your table.

"Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" said the cold, drawling voice of Draco Malfoy.

You turned your head to face the sound and saw your cousin walking towards Harry, Crabbe and Goyle right behind him.

"Yeah, reckon so," said Harry causally.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" said Malfoy, eyes glittering maliciously. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute- in case you get too near a dementor."

You were about to interrupt when Harry replied.

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy, then it could catch the snitch for you."

The Gryffindor team laughed loudly. And you couldn't help the smile that formed on your face. Draco caught sight of you and his pale eyes narrowed.

"Stop laughing, Y/n!" he mouthed.

"You deserved that." you giggled, watching your little cousin stalk away.

"Your cousin is a git." Fred addressed.

"I'm aware." You nodded, finishing up the last of your breakfast. "Come on it's a quarter to eleven." you stood up from your seat, pointing at the clock behind the teachers table.

"Ready to absolutely destroy Ravenclaw?" Fred smiled, following your movements and standing up.

"Of course I am. I have a Firebolt." you teased, shrugging your shoulder at the red head.

"I'll see you guy's after the match." Lee waved as you all headed away.

After the rest of the team was ready, you all headed down to the locker rooms. The weather was nothing but different from your last match with Hufflepuff. It was a clear, sunny day with a light breeze; there would be no visibility problems this time, and your robes were surly to be less of a mess.