Loony, Loopy Lupin!/14

'Y/N! Y/N! REMUS PLEASE, PLEASE! SHE'S JUST A BABY! SHE NEEDS HER FATHER! I'M THE ONLY FAMILY SHE HAS! REMUS PLEASE! I WOULD NEVER BETRAY PROGS!  PLEASE REMUS! SHE NEEDS ME! I NEED HER! PLEASE DON'T LET THEM TAKE HER FROM ME! BELIEVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! PROTECT HER! PROTECT HER AND HARRY! PLEASE! PLEASE REMUS PLEASE! Y/N DADDY'S GONNA BE OKAY DON"T CRY LOVE! I'M HERE DADDY'S OKAY! I LOVE YOU DARLING!' 

You shot up, sweat on your forehead, and tears streaming down your face. You didn't know why the dreams were affecting you this much, or why they only happened when you were alone.

You sat in your bed, not daring to go back to sleep, you really wanted Fred, you wanted to curl up next to him till you fell asleep, you wanted him to hold you, and tell you that everything was okay, but you also wanted to prove that you didn't need him, and that you could take care of yourself. 

You looked at the clock on your night stand '4:49 am, spectacular!' you thought as you wrapped the quilt Molly made you around your shoulders, you then got up from your bed and walked over to the door, quietly opening it and walking upstairs to the common room. It was completely dark, other than a small glow coming from the fire place. You sat on the floor next to the fire trying to warm up, the dream you had minutes before flooding your thoughts. 

'How did Professor Lupin know my dad? Why did my dad care about Harry's safety? Why does the word Progs and Moony sound so familiar?  Does he really love me?' Your thoughts were interrupted by a small 'purr' coming from the side of your blanket. 

"Hey Toffee," you smiled, picking up the fluffy cat. "where have you been?" you said, petting her soft coat of brown and gray fur. 

She gave a small 'Meow' before curling up in your lap. You softly scratched behind her ears as you looked at the fire, the small glow of orange filling the room. You felt your eyes start to get heavy as you played with your cats fur, the warmth of the fire giving off a scent of homeyness, and before you knew it, you had dozed off on the floor, Toffee resting next to you as you slept, your head not having enough energy to dream. 

You slept for a good hour before you were woken up by a loud 'Hem hem'. Your head shot up, knocking off the quilt you were wrapped in, you looked around to see what had caused the noise only to see familiar 2nd year looking right at you. 

"Hey Ginny," You yawned 

"Why are you sleeping down here?" She asked

"Um-well... I couldn't sleep." You shrugged "So, I came down here to read, I must have dozed off." You smiled, hoping she would buy the story. 

"Where's the book?" she questioned, cocking her eyebrow.

"Piss off, Ginny" You chuckled, knowing there was no use in trying to lie to the red head. 

"Did you have another nightmare?" She asked 

"I- how did you know about that?" it was your turn to ask the questions now. 

"I heard you talking to Fred at lunch," Ginny shrugged "it's okay to have nightmares, I still dream about what happened last year." She smiled 

"I'm not ashamed," You said "I just don't want people thinking I can't handle myself." 

"I get it." Ginny said "It's the same with me having 6 older brothers, they all think i'm this fragile little kid." she groaned 

"Their just worried about you, Gin." You assured 

"Fred's just worried about you," Ginny said 

You groaned and pulled the blanket over your head.