Quidditch /12

You, Fred, and George all walked down to the Quidditch pitch to join the rest of the team. There were seven people on the team: three Chasers, whose job it was to score by putting the Quaffle through one of the fifty-foot- high hoops at each end of the field; two Beaters, who were equipped with heavy bats to repel the Bludgers; a Keeper, who defended the goalpost, and the Seeker, who had the hardest job of all, that of catching the Golden Snitch, a tiny, winged, walnut sized ball, whose capture ended the game and earned the Seeker's team an extra one hundred and fifty points. 

You had been on the Quidditch team since your 2nd year, Oliver had trained you everyday after dinner to help out with your flying, since you were already a mediocre flyer it wasn't that hard to teach you. Oliver was a burly seven-teen year old, it was his final year at Hogwarts. You now stood in the chilly Gryffindor locker rooms on the edge of the darkening Quidditch field. You were listening to Oliver, who was addressing the team, a quiet sort of desperation in his voice as he spoke. 

"This is our last chance- my last chance- to win the Quidditch Cup," he told the team, striding up and down the long lockers. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world- injuries," Oliver shot you a glare "then the tournament getting called off last year..." Wood swallowed, as though the memory still brought a lump to his throat. "but we also know we've got the best- ruddy- team- in- the- school!" he said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye. 

"We've got three superb Chaser." he pointed at you, Angelina, and Alicia. "We've got two unbeatable Beaters." 

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," said Fred and George together, pretending to blush. You rolled your eye at the pair and smiled, turning back to your captain. 

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, glaring at Harry with a kind of furious pride. "And me," he added as an afterthought 

"We think you're very good too, Oliver," George smiled 

"Spanking good Keeper," Fred agreed 

"We wouldn't be nearly as good without you," you added, smiling at the seven- teen year old

"The point is," Oliver went on, resuming his pacing, "the Quidditch Cup should have had our names on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team, I've thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on the thing..." 

Oliver spoke so dejectedly that even Fred and George looked sympathetic. 

"Oliver, this year's our year," said Fred 

"We'll do it, Oliver!" Angelina shouted, pumping her fist up 

"Definitely," said Harry

"100%! We'll own the field!" you said, a new found energy filling your veins.

Oliver smiled "You guys are right, LETS DO THIS!" 

Full of determination, the team started training sessions, you would practice three evenings a week. The weather was getting colder and wetter, the nights darker, but no amount of mud, wind, or rain could tarnish your vision of winning the Quidditch Cup. 

"You okay?" Fred asked, as you walked into the Gryffindor common room one evening after practice. It was pouring cats and dogs outside and you were covered in mud, your once maroon jumper now brown and sweaty. 

"Yeah, i'm fine," you sighed, plopping down on the couch 

"Practice was brutal," George laughed "Ollie wasn't kidding when he said rain or shine, huh?"