The letter/2

Hi so this is where the plot starts, Y/n is now in her 5th year at Hogwarts. The setting is in prisoner of Azkaban time.

Y/N POV

I was sitting up in my bed, stretching my arms out with a yawn. I got up from the mattress and walked out of my room and into the bathroom, getting ready for the day. once I was finished I went downstairs to see Ted and Andromeda with worried expressions on their faces.

"Whats wrong?" I asked them looking confused

They didn't answer, they just stared at me with a pained look in their eyes.

"Sit down Bug" Ted finally spoke

I sat in an empty chair across from my God parents.

"whats going on?" I looked at the pair, a bad feeling raising up into my chest

They looked at each other before turning their focus back to me

"Its about your father" Andromeda gulped looking down at the daily prophet newspaper that was sitting on the table, she picked it up and handed it to me. I looked down at the paper and my eyes widened as I read the title

"Sirius black still at large" I put my hand over my mouth before continuing the article

"Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today."We are doing all we can to recapture Black," said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, and we beg the magical community to remain calm.Fudge has been criticised by some members of the International Confederation of Wizards for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis."Well, really, I had to, don't you know," said an irritable Fudge. "Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or Muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it — who'd believe him if he did?"While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand that Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse."

My hand hadn't left my mouth, I was frozen, my whole boy was shaking, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.

'This cant be real' I thought to my self 'This is all just some sick and twisted joke' I put my hand down and turned to face my guardians, I wanted to ask them if this was some sort of prank, if it was just a weird nightmare, but when i opened my mouth no words would come out. I looked at the two who had the same expression from when i walked into the room just minutes before.

"what? How? When?" I couldn't form any words my breath had started to grow and my heart started beating faster than before

Andromeda said nothing, looking down at the Kitchen table

I stared at the news article again, questions running through my mind.

'How did he escape? Would he come looking for me? Would he go on a rampage? What will people at school think?' my face went red at the last thought 'What would Fred and George think? Would they hate me because they thought I was like my dad? Would they still be friends with me?'

Tears started to form in my eyes as I thought of all the possible outcomes 'what if he tried to hurt my friends?'

I felt a tear run down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away and stood up from the table and ran into my room, locking the door behind me. As soon as I was alone I started to cry, tears flowing down my face like rain on a window, I sat on the floor and put my knees up covering my face. I sat their until my whole body broke out into uncontrollable sobs. I sat their shaking and crying before I heard a faint 'meow' coming from the side of me, I brought my head up from in between my knees and looked to see toffee next to me purring as she brushed her back up against my leg, I smiled before picking her up and hugging her close to my chest, she purred lightly while I slowly petted her soft coat. Petting Toffee helped me calm down a lot, I was stilled worried about my dad escaping Azkaban, but I had decided that the ministry could handle it.

I stayed in my room for a couple hours not really wanting to deal with the worried expressions and side looks I got from Andromeda, but  eventually hunger got in the way and I had to go back downstairs. As I was walking I noticed a small owl perched on the window sill.

"Oh their you are love." Andromeda smiled sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace "This came for you"
She sat up and walked over to me handing me a envelope with messy writing on the front which I immediately recognized to be no one other than Fred Weasleys messy scroll.
"Thank you" I gave her a weak smile before going into the kitchen and making myself a sandwich and a glass of water. I brought the food into my room and sat at my desk opening the letter.

Dear my darling, Y/n
Sorry for answering so late, George and I got our owl privileges taken away because we tried to send a cursed mummy stone back to percy ;) Mum wasn't too happy about that.
Anyways we're  back form Egypt :) We're gonna be at the leaky cauldron if you wanna come and stay for the week (please say you will? My siblings are driving me mad!) My mum lettered your god mom about coming to get you later tonight, if you wanna go?
Just give Errol the letter and he'll bring it back to us.
Hope i see you soon y/n/n
yours truly,
Gred Weasley ;)

P.S. Me and George have something to show you when you get here!?

I gave a confused face after reading the last sentence, what would they wanna show me? Maybe they came up with a new candy for Weasley wizard wheezes? No, they would have written to me about a new product. I shook the thought out of my head and pulled out a piece of parchment and started writing a response,

Dear my lovely Gred,
I would love to come to the leaky cauldron with you guys! I'll have to ask Andromenda though, she'll probably say yes, you know how much she adores your family :)
What is it you wanna show me? I've been thinking of all the stuff it could be but, I guess i'll just have to wait till i see you.
Tell Georgie I said hi.

Yours sincerely,
Y/n/n

I read over the letter and put it in an envelope, before writing Fred's name on the front. I finished eating my lunch and headed downstairs to give the letter to Errol. I walked into the kitchen to see a note from Ted and Andromenda saying they went out to get dinner, I put the letter down and handed the bird a few crackers before sending him off to the Weasley's, as I was going into the living room, I heard a faint growl coming from the window, I looked over to see a black dog looking right at me. I had never seen it before, and there weren't many dogs in the middle of the woods, but their was something about the dog that i've seen before, his eyes looked almost familiar. I stared at the animal who was now wagging its tail and barking happily, I smiled reaching out and petting the dogs head
"Hey their little guy" I said with a baby voice, scratching behind his ears
"Where are your owners?" I lifted the dog head a bit to see he had no collar, I frowned before walking away and filling up a bowl with water and setting it on the porch, I then walked back inside and got some leftover roast and put it outside for the dog to eat.
I went back inside and sat by the fireplace, thoughts rushing through my head 'Why did he escape?' 'what is he planning on doing?' 'did he really kill all those muggles?' my head was pounding and I was Mentally Exhausted, I laid down on the couch and grabbed a big fluffy blanket off a nearby chair and closed my eyes, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

HIII, so i'm really sorry for the short chapter 😔 but i've been busy with school. I'm gonna try and post once a week but since i didn't post last week i'm gonna have another chapter up soon :) anyways hope you guys are having a good day byyyeee!!