Chapter 38

"The rover is almost charged. We need to pack up. We will be home soon" Bellamy tells us. "Then what? Run away?" Clarke asks as she paces. "We're not running away Clarke. We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat-" "there is no other way. We need to find a night blood. We need to unlock the flame it's the only way to stop Ali" Clarke says cutting Bellamy off. "What do you expect us to do Clarke? Walk into random villages asking for their night bloods?" Jasper asks sarcastically from his seat on top of the rover. "If that's what it takes" Clarke says completely serious. Is she crazy? That's a horrible idea. "No, Clarke. If Ali can find us on Lunas rig, then she can find us anywhere. I won't help you destroy another innocent grounder village" Octavia yells. "Also there is the fact that just because you find a night blood doesn't mean they will want to help us or become commander. Most grounders still hate us from when Bellamy went rouge and helped kill an army" I add. "If we don't find a night blood, there won't be any grounder villages or a home for us to go back to" Clarke says ignoring my statement. "That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are ok" Bellamy urges. Clarke looks around at us before walking off. "She'll be fine. Just let her cool off" Jasper tells Bellamy. He's been acting weird since we got back, maybe it's because that girl died.

After a few minutes Bellamy goes to check on Clarke. They come back with Roan, the Azgeda king who Bellamy has shot. Clarke finally agrees to go back to Arkadia and key the others in on the new plan. "We were getting worried. Where is Luna?" Raven asks looking around for the night blood. "Luna said no" I inform. "Who the hell is this?" Harper asks as she sees Roan. "He's Ice Nation" Bryan notices. "King of the Ice Nation actually. And he is our way into Polis" Clarke corrects him. "This way your highness. You two follow me. I'll take him to lock up" Bellamy says as Bryan and Miller follow him. "You wanna use him to get to Ontari?" Raven asks. "Yes" Clarke nods. Harper turns to us "what happened to his arm?" "Bellamy shot him" Jasper answers. "Good luck getting him to cooperate" Monty says raising an eyebrow.

"Knock out gas. Mount Weather's finest. As soon as they bring Ontari out, we put em to sleep" Miller explains to Bellamy. I look down from my seat on top of the rover. We had figured out a plan and Roan agreed to help us. He would bring the flame to Polis and as soon as Ontari comes out we gas them, get the chip out of her head and put the flame in. "Because she's chipped, you have to EMP her like you did me before you give her the flame" Raven says handing over the machine to Bellamy. "I thought Jaha destroyed all of the wristbands" Jasper says. He's still acting weird but I don't know why. "So did he then I came home. There was only enough usable parts to rebuild one, so use it wisely. Made a few improvements too" Raven adds. "None of which is going to matter if you can't get us Ali's code" Clarke says worriedly. "You worry about the night blood. I'll worry about Ali" Raven assures. "Are you sure we should bring Ash along. This could be dangerous" Miller asks Bellamy. "Fuck that I'm going. Pretty much everything we do is dangerous" I tell Miller. "Hey language" he says jokingly. "FUCK" I over pronounce while smirking. "Come on" He says grabbing me and placing me back on the ground as the others start to get in the rover. "Hey be careful out there kiddo. And make sure they don't get themselves killed" Raven says walking over to hug me. "I can't promise anything" I joke. She kisses the top of my head and I grab my sword, shoving it into its sheath before climbing into the back of the rover. Raven, Jasper, Monty, and Harper are staying behind to access the code.

"There it is, we stop here" Clarke says and the rover pulls to a stop. It's dark out but we can make out the tower that is in the middle of polis. "All right this is where we split up. The entrance to the tunnel is right over there." Roan informs us. "We know where it is" Bellamy says, sounding slightly offended. "I'm gonna need the flame" Roan states as Clarke looks at him. "Look this only works if they send Ontari out to get it. If they don't see it, they won't do that. Not much of a trap without the bait" he adds when Clarke makes no move to hand it to him. "Fine" she says pulling out the box "but I'm coming with you". I thought we had a plan that we were sticking to but I guess not. "No way. That is not the plan" Bellamy argues. "It is now. I'm not letting that out of my sight. And I'm the only one that knows the pass phrase. So you can tell them that without me, Ontari can't ascend" Clarke says, refusing to give up. "You'll need to look like my prisoner" Roan says finally budging.