Season 5- chapter 51

"Soups on" Monty yells to us. I watch as Raven and Echo train. Echo looks over and Raven takes that to her advantage knocking her to the ground, forcing her to tap out. "Ha ha. Yes! Finally" Raven laughs. "Oh come on I let you win so we could eat" Echo tells her. "Yeah and you still can't beat me" I brag. "This isn't eating it's surviving" Harper says. "Hey. The new and improved triple g tastes better and you know it" Monty argues. "Triple g?" Raven asks. "Green's green goop" I answer. "Better name too" Monty says as he starts to dish out the alge. "And if by better you mean doesn't make you want to violently hurl, then yeah it's an improvement" Raven adds. Monty sighs. "Speaking of green how'd eden?" He asks Bellamy who stares out the window. "Still just a dot. Emori, take a break" he says and Emori pulls off her head phones. "I don't know why you waste your time. I told you atmospheric radiation blocks radio signals. They're down there, we just can't hear them" Raven tells them. "We waste our time so they can know there's a place they can live" Bellamy says. "Ground radiation has been survivable for a year. They can live everywhere" Raven says annoyed. "I think we can all agree that green is good" Monty says breaking the awkward silence. "Yes he is. But this stuff still sucks" Harper pecks Monty on the lips. We all choke down our slimy dinner. "Ok, tomorrow I'll try again to boost the signal from the antenna" "shotgun. Haha space walk yes" "I know the feeling, but I need an assistant who actually listens when I tell her to come in" Raven interrupts Emoris celebration. "I will do everything you say I promise. No fun of any kind" Emori agrees. "Or we could just figure out a way to get to the ground, and we could tell them about eden ourselves" Bellamy says. "Wow. That is such an amazing idea. Why did we not think of that? Echo did you hear the brilliant idea your boyfriend has. He's a fucking genius.  Someone should give him a PhD" I yell sarcastically as I throw my hands up in the air. "Bellamy they worked the fuel problem all morning" Emori says softly. "Six years and seven days" Bellamy says as if we don't already know this. "Hey time violation. Dishes latrine or Murphy? You choose" Harper defuses the situation before we actually start fighting. "I'm sorry. We said we wouldn't talk about it, and I know that you two are doing everything that you can" Bellamy apologizes. Raven nods at him. Bellamy picks up a bowl and hands it to Monty. "Seconds?" "Yeah right. I choose Murphy" Bellamy says picking up the bowl and walking away. Murphy and Emori broke up and wouldn't stop fighting with each other so Murphy moved to the other side of the ring and doesn't let anyone except me over there. Usually I would bring him food but yesterday he was annoying me so I'm not talking to him. "I'd have gone with latrines" Emori says. I roll my eyes and walk over to the computers. Life on the ring is pretty peaceful, until I go to sleep and my mind is plagued by nightmares and memories. They started the first night we were here. I woke up screaming so loud that Murphy, Raven, and Echo had rushed into my room to see if I was ok. After a couple of months I was barely getting any sleep, to afraid of the horrors that would hit when I would close my eyes. The nightmares were about multiple things, what happened on the ground, being locked up on the ark, but mostly they were about my parents. Echo started training me for hours a day and Raven started teaching me mechanics, they figured if they kept me busy enough I would be too tired to have any nightmares. It worked. I still get them every once in a while and when I do I wake up Murphy, Echo, or Raven and talk to them or I try to fix something on the ship. Everyone on the ring is my family but I've grown the closest to those three over the years.

"It's been two and a half hours. Why exactly are we sitting here in the dark? We should light up the ring and let them know we're here" Murphy complains. "Shut up dad" I hiss. "First we find out who they are and then we ask them for help. Raven?" Bellamy asks. "Nothing. Radio silence their comma must be disabled" Raven answers. "Or the ship could be unmanned" Emori adds. "Or it's manned by aliens who prefer anal probes to radio. Doesn't really matter as long as they get us down to the ground. I'm turning on the lights" Murphy says as he walks towards the switch. "You know what. That's enough. We make decisions as a team here, even if we can't stand the sight of each other" Emori cuts him off.  "Look all I'm saying is it wasn't there yesterday. Now it's in geosynchronous orbit, which means somebody is piloting it, correct?" Murphy asks. "It could be an AI" Harper suggests. "I'd prefer the aliens" Murphy mumbles. "Somethings happening" I pull their attention back to the window. "That must be a transport. It's headed for the ground. Emori fire up the radio"Raven yells as we watch the ship go towards earth. Raven tries to hail the ship but they don't answer and keep on their path. "Great looks likes we just lost our only chance to get back to the ground" Murphy says as Raven calls another May Day.

I shove my clothes into a bag. We decided to dock onto the ship and see if they have fuel. At this point it's our only chance to get back down to the ground. I pick up the sword that sits against my dresser, it's way too small for me now. I have no use for it anymore, I use one of Echo's swords. It's just a reminder of who I used to be, strik gona, the little warrior. Am I even that same person? I haven't had to kill in over six years. How long will I be on the ground before I have to. Yeah Octavia is leading the people in the bunker, but will there be peace. Surely who ever just landed on earth isn't going to welcome us with open arms. I guess the only option is to wait and see. I drop the child size sword into my bed and slide the adult one into my sheath, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. The sleeves of the radiation suit is tide around my waist, it's no longer baggy and big but slightly too small. I don't realize until now that I'm going to see  Octavia again, after six years. Did leading everyone change her, is she even still alive?