Chapter 52

I hold my breath as we move towards the ship in orbit. "Boys and girls, meet Eligius IV" Raven breaks the silence. "Powering a better tomorrow" Emori reads of the side. "Must be a mining ship" Ray whispers. "Back from before the bombs" I add. "Mining in space?" Harper asks. "I've heard stories. Missions sent to mine asteroids or search off habitable planets, but that was a hundred years ago" Monty informs us. "They got back somehow. Means they must have fuel" Bellamy adds. "Now that's a ship with a story to tell" Raven says. "At least the hap is still rotating." "The rotation means they have gravity" I add. "Sorry love birds. No zero g space sex" Raven says. "There's the docking bay" I point out. "I hate to ask this, but what if they're still inside?" Monty asks. "We've been through this, if they were still alive and saw a foreign ship try to board them they would blast us out of the sky" Echo answers. "Ok commencing operation uninvited guests. Firing thrusters in 3, 2, 1. Emori as soon as I line us up with the hab it's all yours. On my mark" Raven instructs. "Ok we're in alignment" Emori tells us. "The nav is yours. It's just like the simulator" Raven says quietly. "Copy that" Emori says looking at the gears infront of her. "Grounders don't say copy that" Murphy if course has to add some sarcastic remark. "Dad, stop it" I whisper kicking him. "This one does. Initiating docking sequence" Emori says. "Oh we are so screwed". After some chaos and almost dying we finally made it to the strange ship. "That was fun. We should do that again sometime" Murphy says as we land. "Ok let's go find that fuel" Bellamy says as we pull off our helmets.

Alarms blare as we enter, "come on we gotta move fast" Bellamy speaks giving Echo a look when she pulls out her sword. I pull out mine too "we don't knows what we are walking into" I tell him. He opens the door and the alarm becomes even louder "that's just annoying" Murphy remarks. "If someone was here they'd shut it off right?" Harper asks. Emori is stopped by Raven as the rest of us venture inside I don't bother staying to see why. Emori and Murphy start arguing until Harper agrees to go with Emori to check on the ship. "This place is like a maze" Bellamy says flashing a light around. "No inmates past this point" I read a sign that is above a door. Inmates? "Prison labor. The mining missions were dangerous. They sent people they thought were disposable" Monty explains. "Sounds familiar" Murphy mutters. "Relax. They're ancestors were prisoners a hundred years ago. Their descendants on that transport ship are survivors just like us. The bridge is this way come on" we all follow Raven.

We finally are able to kill the alarm and try to find out where their supply of hydrazine is. We also find a radio and find out that they are hunting people. Probably Octavia and the others that were in the bunker.

"Go slow Murphy. This stuffs combustible" Monty warns. "No kidding just tell me we're going the right way. This place gives me the creeps" Murphy says as he looks around. "Yes we're almost back to the docking bay" "you're afraid of an empty ship? You should be more afraid of what's waiting for us on the ground" Echo tells Murphy. I block out Murphy and Monty arguing. "Guys. Guys. Guys you need to see this". We walk in a room to see a bunch of pods. "I don't believe this cryo sleep"  "Cryo what does it mean?" Echo asked. "It means that the prisoners are still here. "They're is hundreds of them. I start walking back to Bellamy and Raven while the others go to load the fuel.

I walk in the room only to hear Raven screaming for Bellamy and I to look out. Suddenly one of the now awake prisoners charges at us. All three of us try to fight him and Echo comes in and stabs him with her sword. That still doesn't stop him and Bellamy ends of strangling him with a wire. "One down. Two hundred ninety nine to go" Raven pants. I guess we didn't even have to get to the ground before we had to kill again.

We decide to make it so they can't wake them up and we can kill them remotely. Now we have leverage if we need it.

"All right let's do this" Bellamy says as he comes back without Raven. "Where the hell is she?" Emori asks. "It's technical but someone has to run things from here" Bellamy explains. "So let it be John" She yells causing me to glare at her. "I said it's technical" "I'll do it" Monty offers. "Enough. It has to be Raven. Once we have a truce, she'll come down with the prisoners" Bellamy says holding Monty back. "And what if we fail?" I ask. "If we fail she'll take the ship's escape pod. Either way she will be fine" Bellamy reassures. "If I'm flying solo she'll be the only one" Emori says nervously. "You'll be fine you got this. Let's load up let's go" we all head into the ship except Murphy who walks away. "Now Murphy" Bellamy says annoyed. "I'm staying too. Look Raven might need back up. What? With Emori flying this is the survivors move. See you on the other side". He closes the door and walks away. Harper lightly grabs my arm and steers me into the ship. An automated voice counts down how far away we are from Earth. We softly touch the ground and Emori sits there shocked for a minute. We quickly exit the pod and walk through the woods. "So how do we find them" Monty asks. "We don't they find us" Echo tells him. "They already have" I say as guns are pointed at us and a man tells us to get on our knees. "We just want to talk" Bellamy says with his hands raised. "Congratulations two of you get to live" the man says after a woman over the radio tells him to kill 4 of us. I can feel the cold metal of the gun sitting against my back, but I don't reach for it, we'd all be dead before I could fire a single bullet. A spear hits one of them in the throat and I pull out my gun shooting the others. Another person is also shooting the same person who threw the spear. A young girl around my age maybe a little younger comes out from the woods. "She's just a kid" Bellamy says softly. "Bellamy?" The girl questions. "Clarke knew you would come" "Clarke's alive?" Bellamy asks. I guess her night blood did work. "She's in trouble. We have to go". "What about the others in the bunker?" Monty asks. "Still there". "What? No. No. How can that be" Bellamy asks. The girl grabs him and starts to pull him "I'll explain on the way she tells him.

"We pull up in the Rover to where the prisoners and Clarke are. Madi we finally found out her name goes to open the door but Bellamy stops her. "Madi no. You take the Rover back that's the plan Ash you stay with her make sure nothing happens to the others back in the woods I don't want either of you alone stay with someone from the group and do not wander off" Bellamy tells us. "Come out with your hands high" a woman yells. Bellamy gets out of the rover and I climb up into the front seat. We wait until Bellamy gives us the signal and we back up and away back to the others.