Chapter 19

Lexa POV
I was sitting in my tent talking to Kane of the sky people when a young girl storms in looking furious. "Kane where is my sword I know you had some guard swipe it from me when I didn't notice" she screams. I look down and realize she has an empty sword sheath attached to her hip. "Ash honey, we have talked about this you are a child you don't need any weapons" Kane tells her. "I stopped being a child when you locked me up and then sent me down to die" she tells him. She was sent down with the 100? "The other kids had earth skills before leaving so you were less likely to die" he says, why did she not have training if she too would be sent down. "You didn't teach me. You basically threw me on the ship with nothing. 'Here's a bunch of criminals, try to stay away from the murderers'" she adds in a mocking tone, this kid is definitely interesting. "Why do you even need a sword?" Kane asks the girl. She rolls her eyes and answers "so I can stab the next one of your guards that tries to hit me. In case you haven't noticed I have a black eye". Why would Skykru warriors hurt a child. "You probably don't even know how to hold a sword sky child" Indra says. I give her a look that says shut up. The girl, Ash, reaches into her boot and pulls out a small knife. She closes her eyes and throws the knife at a piece of wood, less than a foot from Indra's head. She's good. "You could have killed someone" Kane yells angrily. "If I wanted to kill someone that person would be dead" she says grabbing her knife and slipping it back into her boot. "Now my sword" she says holding out here hand. "No" he says to her. "You aren't even the chancellor and it isn't a Ark issued weapon, meaning you don't have control over it. So hand it over now" she tells him. Kane stays silent. "Fine have it your way" she says. After a few seconds she screams as loud as possible causing people to come running. "Ash what's wrong who hurt you are you ok?" The boy, Bellamy I think, asks. "I'm fine, right Kane?" She asks glaring at him. He glared back before handing her the sword. She puts it away. "Here Abby told me to give this to you" Bellamy says handing her a gun. She smiles and takes it before tucking it away. "By the way I'm going with you to Ton DC" she says to Bellamy. "No you aren't. You will slow us down" Kane tells her. "I ran from Mount weather to the camp in hours, barefoot. I think I can handle it" Ash replies with crossed arms. "Ash I was thinking and you need parents. Two responsible people to look after you and keep you safe" Kane says crouching down at her level. I haven't know this kid for more than ten minutes but I don't think she will like this. "You know parents didn't work out for me the first time. Fine whatever, but it has to be Octavia and Lincoln" She says. "I was thinking more responsible parents. You know not a teenager criminal and grounder. How about a guard and his wife" he suggests. "Did you not hear me say a guard punched me. I'll just stick to doing whatever the fuck I want with no supervision" she says walking out.

Ash POV
Parents. Why would I need parents? I'll just raise myself. After a few minutes we start walking. I got bored so I'm talking to Linky in trig. All of the grounders were surprised when they found out I knew the language. After walking for hours we set up camp to sleep for the night.

After sleeping for a while I shoot up, awake from a nightmare. One of the guards that was awake looks at me weird. I roll over and fail to got back to sleep. In the morning we continue walking. I sit on Lincoln's shoulders instead, walking is boring. Once we arrive the grounders yell to open the gate. "Weapons we need to disarm before we enter" Lincoln tells us handing over his knife. I put my knife and sword in the basket before pulling my gun out and handing it over too. Raven wasn't happy about being there and one of the guards had to take her weapons. We walk into the village, the grounders were happy that the commander was there. Let's just say they weren't nearly as happy when they saw us. Lincoln wraps an arm around me protectively as people are shouting "death to sky people". I feel weird without my weapons, I've almost always had one one me since we landed on the ground. I look up to see a man standing in front of Lexa. "Sky people took everything from me, my wife, my child, murders are not welcome here" he says. Lexa nods to one of her guards and he starts beating the man up. Clarke gets her to stop him. "Let him live. The sky people March with us now. Anyone who tries to stop that will pay with their life" she tells her people. "Warm welcome" Bellamy mutters.