Chapter 37

I sit around a fire with the others as some girl talks about sharks attacking her. "She's here. Maybe she changed her mind" Bellamy says as Luna walks in. Clarke goes with him to talk to her. After a few minutes Luna starts walking towards Octavia, Jasper, and I. "We need to talk" she says to Octavia. "That's my cue" Jasper walks away. I decide to stay with them, not wanting to go off by myself. "I thought you'd want this back" Luna says softly, handing Lincoln's notebook to Octavia. "Thank you" Octavia says taking the book. "And our swords?" I ask, I'm not used to being weapon less. "Your weapons will be on the boat" she tells me. "So much for the great Luna, the savior to those in need" Octavia mumbles. "You don't want saving, you want someone to fight with you" she replies. She's right we do want someone to fight, because without fighting we can't win this war. "Damn right, we're at war. Luna, you can't just ignore that. Lincoln would've wanted you to help us" Octavia urges. "By becoming commander?" Luna asks "I don't think so. Lincoln knew our rules. We take people in who are done fighting. Done killing. Look at the two of you. Fighting is all you know. Death is all you know. Lincoln would have never brought that here". Luna walks away as people clap at the end of the girls story.

"Jasper is actually smiling" Bellamy states as we look over at Jasper who is smiling and talking with a girl. "Clarke let it go" Bellamy tells her. "We can't just leave" she argues. "It's not like we have much of a choice" I chime in. "Maybe we do" "what are you talking about?" Bellamy asks. "I'm talking about putting this into her head without asking" Clarke tells us as she clutches the box that holds the flame. "No way Clarke. This isn't like Emerson he was trying to kill us" Octavia whispers as she looks around to make sure nobody heard us. "You think I don't know that" "Clarke we don't have to do this. We can fight. We can go back to Arkadia. We arm up" Bellamy tells her. "Fight who? It's an army of our own people. I don't like this anymore than you do. But if Raven is right then the code on this could stop Ali. Give me a better idea" Clarke says as she looks at Luna. We stay silent, there aren't any better ideas, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a horrible idea. Lexa still made decisions on her own free will, putting the flame in Luna does not guarantee that she will help us. Clarke should understand that. "We'll stay here. It's the only way they'll leave you alone with her" Bellamy gives in as Octavia and I roll our eyes. "Even Ali gives people a choice" Octavia hisses as Clarke starts to stand up. "We gave Luna a choice. She said no" Bellamy states. "She's going to get herself killed" I mumble to myself as Clarke walks towards Luna.

"Where's Jasper?" Bellamy asks as we make our way towards the shipping crate we would be using to get back to land. "Saying goodbye to his new friend" I tell him. Clarke's plan, unsurprisingly failed. "Sorry cap, we gotta take him back. You gear. You get your weapons once you land" Luna informs us as she throws our gear in. "Inside" a man says shoving me in. I glare at him. "The flame?" Clarke asks. Luna holds it up "remember Clarke. A path of violence is a choice". "When the choice is fight or die, there is no choice" Clarke tells her. We never get to hear Luna's response as we get kicked into the crate and locked inside. "They took the flame" Clarke exclaims as Octavia yells "they're locking us in". We know that the only person it could be is Ali.

"How did Ali even find this place?" Octavia asks as she tries to kick the door open. "There was a drone at Niylahs. She must have followed us, looking for the flame. And now she has it" I say quietly.

"She's going to put the AI in Luna" Bell realizes. "She'd have to chip her first. If Luna is chipped before she gets the AI Ali is going to know everything. We'll never be able to stop her. We can't let this happen" Clarke rambles as she starts banging on the door.

"This place was safe until we got hear" I inform the others and Octavia hums in agreement. We all stand up as something makes a noise outside. Suddenly the door opens up a little bit. We get outside only to see Shay, the girl Jasper had been talking to, with an arrow in her back. "A machine. P level" she manages to tell us before she stops breathing. "Let's go" Clarke says and we start running.

"O be careful" Bellamy tells his sister as we barge into the room where Luna is. She is hugging a dead man while sobbing. Octavia gets Jasper down as Bellamy goes to comfort the child that was in here. She looks to be a few years older than me.

"Any one of them could be chipped and we'd never know" Bellamy says as we scan the room full of people. Luna has agreed to have the chip put in her head. "If they are, they'll make their move before we put the flame in Luna. Stay sharp" Clarke orders. "You changed her mind?" Jasper asks. "Quiet" Clarke shushes him. "The ceremony is about to begin" Luna informs us as a girl hands us drinks. "Luna wait" Clarke stops her from leaving "I'm so sorry. But now you see what we are facing. An enemy that will do anything to win. She won't stop until she has everyone". Luna stares at the flame in Clarke's palm before picking it up "people I love died today. Needlessly, at my hand. I can't let that happen again" she says quietly before turning to face her people. "As we prepare to give our brothers and sister to the sea, we honor their lives. From water we are born, to water we return". Her people repeat the sentence in trig as they raise there glasses and we all drink the contents of them. I make a face at whatever I was drinking, it tastes funny.  I tune out what Clarke is telling Luna as my head starts to feel fuzzy. Within seconds my eyes are dropping and my legs give out.

We wake up back on the beach with our weapons and supplies. "Now what?" I as we stare at the ocean. Clarke turns to look at me but does not answer.

Sorry this took so long to post. I've had a bunch of projects and essays to get done at school. Happy holidays!