Chapter 57

Ash POV

I sit at the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, looking up I seeing Octavia unconscious in the bed, Bellamy poisoned her to get Indra to take the deal, if he didn't just kill his sister he definitely killed us. "She's getting worse" Niylah says. "I know. If you're right and there's something in her blood dialysis should filter it out" Jackson answers her. Miller and I look up as the door opens and Indra walks in Bellamy following closely behind her. I listen as they talk about how she might not wake up.

We all stand in the pit as Indra stands in the middle. "The whispers are true. Our beloved Blodreina has fallen ill. These may be her final hours. Listen to me. I trained Octavia as my second, and I love her as I love my own child. I advised her and led her army with pride. It was her desire that if she should ever fall, I step forward to lead you. Blodreina wanted what we all want to live a better life in shallow valley and we will but not through war, not when there's a better way. For the last six years we have lost hundreds of people. We can't afford to lose anymore. I will negotiate for Wonkru to enter the valley peacefully so that no more shall suffer" Indra's speech is cut off by Miller. "You're not in command here. Not even over the first battalion. Blodreina gave that honor to me" Miller yells out. "So you expect us to follow you? He's Skaikru" Brill tells everyone. "There is No Skaikru you know that" Miller tells her. "In the absence of a commander the clan delegates should reassemble and choose the next leader" Brill bites back. "Octavia is not a nightblood she wasn't a commander" I tell her. "Don't talk to me child you have no right to be here you know nothing of this" Brill gets in my face. I remain calm not reacting to her attempt to intimidate me, Miller pushes her away from me. "Don't talk to her like that she is Blodreina's second, she technically has more power than you" Miller tells her. "She has been up in the sky this entire time she is no longer a second she has no power" brill argues. "Octavia herself told me she still considers Ash her second even after all these years" Miller argues back. "Blasphemy Miller is right. There are no more clans only Wonkru and enemies of Wonkru" a man yells out. "That's funny coming from a man who only escaped death in this arena because our real enemies fell from the sky" Brill tells the man. The two start pushing each other and a fight breaks out. Someone bumps into me and I hit the floor my head slamming against the blood stained concrete. I grit my teeth as I push myself up, each hand goes for a knife that sits in the holders on my waist. I get in between the two a knife pointed at each "ENOUGH" I scream loudly causing the whole arena to look to me. "This fighting is useless. You'd be stupid to think Octavia would leave you in charge" I say looking at Brill. Two gunshots ring out and I see Miller walk up behind me "now, I'm not asking you to follow me. I'm asking you to follow Octavia. Yesterday she ordered us to March on the valley so we march, For Blodreina" Miller yells throwing one hand in the air while the other rests on my shoulder. The crowd starts shouting "Gon Blodreina", I can hear my ears ringing and my vision is blurry, I must of hit my head pretty hard. I look around to try and find Bellamy, or Indra but every thing I'd just one big blurr. My vision goes dark as I collapse the last thing I hear is Miller yelling my name as he catches me and lowers me to the floor.

My head is pounding and I can hear voices around me, I keep my eyes closed not wanting to deal with the brightness of the lights. I hear the thud of a body and my eyes shoot open as I push myself up into a sitting position. I'm in the same room as Octavia who is now awake, Jackson is on the floor unconscious and Indra standing with a reaper stick in hand. "No one is leaving this room" she says looking at Octavia her eyes then glancing at me.

"Tell me why" Octavia says to Indra. "Diyoza agreed to share the valley if we surrender" "surrender" Octavia repeats "so you're not just a traitor. You're a coward. I'm ashamed of you Indra". "And I'm afraid of you, of what you've become. I blame myself for that. I let you go too far. The dark year broke us all" you could tell what Indra was saying was true, she knows that Octavia didn't choose to become this person. "Do not talk to me about the dark year" Octavia starts coughing and I get up and sit on the side of her bed wanting to make sure she is ok. "We survived that. We can survive this too" Indra tells her. "We survived that because of me. You stood there and watched" Octavia's voice nearly breaks as she says this. "Yes. I shouldn't have let you shoulder that burden alone. I won't make that same mistake now". "What about you Ash, are you in on this too?" Octavia asks. "I didn't know about the plan to poison you until after it was already done, I don't agree with it but I don't see any other option O" I tell her truthfully, she isn't going to let this go, she might kill us all, but deep down I know she won't just kill me without thinking about it, I know that it would kill her if she did. If it takes me dying to show her sense then maybe that would be worth it, but then again Murphy and the others would kill her if she even thought about hurting me. A horn goes off in the distance and we all look to the door. "The ascension call" Octavia says slowly. "Wonkru wouldn't follow you, so you're using Madi" "Yes" "she's a child" "she's the same age Lexa was when she ascended" Indra says not looking at either of us. I scoff standing up and walking towards the door "what are you doing?" Indra asks grabbing my arms so I can't get out. "Octavia is right, she's a child, a child who hasn't been prepared for this. I won't let you just use her as your pawn" I say trying to get out of Indra's grip. I don't have any of my weapons on me, and even then I wouldn't want to hurt or kill Indra. "Soon Wonkru will accept their new leader and surrender. Our people will reach that valley without sacrificing any more lives. And you will see the wisdom in it" Indra says mostly talking to Octavia. I scoff once again "there is no wisdom in this" I say sitting back down on the bed beside O. I don't agree with her but I don't agree with Bellamy and Indra's plan either.

The door is kicked open and Clarke storms in gun in hand. "Clarke what are you doing here? Get out" Indra demands. "She's here to kill me" Octavia who is now out of bed and standing says. "I can't let anything happen to Madi" Clarke says gun raised. "Killing her won't stop this god Clarke have you lost your mind" I yell. "I'm surprised. The Clarke I knew would've thought this through. You kill me, my people kill you. Madi still ascends. They come after her. It's lose lose" Octavia tells her. "Or we both can win" Octavia suggests. "This is nonsense" Indra says lowly. "What are you talking about?" Clarke asks. "The only person who wants Madi to be commander less than me is you" Octavia tells her.

"Back away from the child right now" Miller says as we stop the ascension. By the looks of it Madi already has the flame in her head. Clarke walks up and slaps him. Suddenly a hand pulls me away. "Ash I was so worried about you no one would tell me anything" Oli says as she wraps her arms around me. "It's ok. I'm alright" I assure her. I look over her shoulder and watch as Bellamy, Indra, and Gaia get arrested.

New cover made by @ol3and3r