Chapter 28

I see Monty chase after Jasper as he tries to leave camp. They're yelling at each other and Jasper is drunk, as usual. Octavia sees them and goes to ask what's wrong. I sigh from where I'm hanging upside down in a tree. All the guards are called to the main gate so I jump out of the tree and go to see what's wrong. Abby said we would help some sick grounders, but most of our people don't want them here after what happened at Mount Weather.

I sit in medical as Abby stitches Lincoln's head. Apparently someone at the Mount Weather memorial threw a rock at him. "No. No charges" he tells Kane. "Lincoln, we need to set an example". "Yeah we do". "The man just lost his son Marcus" Pike tries to justify. "We've all lost people. You don't see the rest of us throwing rocks at people" I say to him. "What happened?" Octavia asks rushing in. "I said no charges" Linky says. "Thank you" Pike says walking away. "He'll be fine" Abby assures Tavia. "Ash you need to go train" Lincoln tells me. I roll my eyes "whatever". I say. I find Harper but instead of training she just has me teach her how to braid her hair.

I was standing in front of the gate with Monroe, Harper,  and Lincoln when Bellamy, Pike, and about eight others walk towards us with rifles and bullet proof jackets. "You need to step aside right now" Bellamy tells us. "What are the guns for?" Harper asks. "There is an army out there. We need to hit them before they hit us" Bellamy explains. I scoff this is the stupidest thing he's ever thought of. "That army was sent to protect us" Lincoln tells him. "Do we have a problem?" Pike asks walking forward. "No. I have always done what's best for us. I need you to trust that I am doing that now. Monroe. Harper" Bellamy says and they both move. "Sorry Lincoln" Harper adds as she leaves. " Ash you  too. I mean it Ash now is not the time to be stubborn" Bellamy tells me. I let out a slight laugh "what do you really think I'm about to listen to what you are telling me to do, Blake? You're going to get all of us killed if you do this". Puke walks up to Lincoln "you too Lincoln. You want to prove you're one of us, let us pass" "I'm not moving" Lincoln says quietly. A man points his rifle at Linky's head "get out of the way grounder" he says. Lincoln grabs the guys gun hits him in the head with it and pulls a knife to his neck. "Guns down. Guns down. Do what he says now" Pike tells his men. I reach down and grab my dagger out from my boot, just incase. They lower their guns. "So much for the good grounder" Monty's mom says. "Better than the rest of you" I say loudly knowing it will piss them off not understanding me. "Quiet Hannah". "Whose people are you defending here, Lincoln" Pike asks. "Lincoln put down the knife. No one has to get hurt here" Bellamy tells him. "I'm sorry aren't you planning to massacre an entire army?" I ask. "I can't let you start a war" Lincoln tells Bellamy. "We're already at war" "you can't stop this". A message goes over the radio to have all guards to the gate. Octavia comes running through the crowd. "What's wrong with you?" She asks her brother as she puts an arm on my shoulder protectively. Kane comes in with guards and Pike has his men put the guns on the ground. "Lincoln it's alright. Let him go" Kane says to Lincoln who finally let's go of the man. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Abby asks. "What you didn't have the guts to" Pike answers. "Did you arm these people" Kane asks Bellamy. Who doesn't answer, but we all knew the answer to the question anyway. "Guards take them to lock up. Now" Abby orders "everybody back to your quarters. It's over". "Nothing is over. We are surrounded by warriors who want us dead" "that's enough". "No it isn't not even close. Why don't you show us all what you let the grounders do to you yesterday? Come on Kane. I think that the people who are about to vote for you have a right to know". Kane pulls up his sleeve and shoes everyone the grounder mark. "It's the mark of the commander's coalition. It means we are the thirteenth clan. It means we are in this fight together". "No. It's what Farmers used to do to their livestock." "Right before the slaughter house". Everyone starts mumbling and yelling. "Pike for Chancellor" I hear someone say. "Sir you should be on the ballot tomorrow" One of his men tells him. Others are agreeing. "That's enough. Take him away" Abby orders her guards. "Pike. Pike. Pike" Bellamy starts chanting and the others do as well. Pike is going to get us fucking killed. "I'm going to bed" I tell Octavia. She nods and let's me go.

I go to bed, only to wake up and find out that Pike is Chancellor and he killed the grounder army. He killed Indra.

Sorry this is short.