Chapter 1

I'm sitting in my cell when a guard comes in holding a stack of clothes. "I need you to change into these ok?" I nod and quickly change into the black leggings, grey t shirt, combat boots, and jean jacket. The guard snaps a medal wristband onto me and pulls me out of the cell. "Where are you taking me?" "Are they floating me, I'm only seven I still have eleven years I don't wanna die" I cry but still get no answer. The guard drags me into a ship with a bunch of other teenagers on it, I'm guessing these are the other prisoners. They are probably killing us all. The guards leaves after strapping me into a seat. The ship starts shaking as it moves. "Hey kid, what're you doing on a ship with a bunch of criminals?" Someone asks me. I look to my left and see a teenage boy. "I got arrested for stealing. Where are we going?" I ask him. "Earth, I'm Miller. What's your name?" "Ash" I tell him. A screen lights up and Jaha starts talking about how we were expandable and he wasn't giving us any supplies. Three kids are floating around the ship. Suddenly the video cuts out and the ship starts dropping faster. I scream and clutch my seatbelt. Miller grabs my hand and gives me a small smile. After what seems like hours the drop ship lands on the ground with a thud.

I unbuckle my seat belt and climb down ladder. A man in a guard uniform is trying to get people to back up. "Stop the air could be toxic" a girl with blonde hair yells. "If the air is toxic we are all dead anyway" the guard tells her. "Bellamy" a girl says as she goes to hug the guard. Apparently they're the Blake siblings, I had heard the guards talk about them once. Bellamy opens the door and his sisters steps out. "We're back BITCHES" Octavia screams as everyone runs out of the drop ship. I go out trying not to get trampled. Everyone is running around and hugging each other while I look around us. There's a million ways we could die out here.

A group of people are going to Mount Weather to look for food and I want to go with them. I walk up to blonde and tug on her jacket. "What?" She asks nicely leaning down to my level. "Can I come with you?" I ask her. "I don't know kid it could be dangerous out there" she tells me. "Yeah but some of these people could be murderers, so it's also dangerous here" I say back. "Okay fine. I'm Clarke by the way" she says as we start to leave. "I'm jasper and this is Monty" A boy with goggles says as we walk through the woods. "I'm Ash" I tell them. I quickly learned the names of everyone on the group. "So Ash how did a toddler like you get arrested?" Finn asks me. "I'm seven, not a toddler and my parents hid stolen rations in my room so I got in trouble for it" I tell them. Jasper asks Octavia what she was arrested for and she gets mad and runs ahead of us. Clarke stops and we crouch down to see she's looking at a deer. Finn tried to step forward but snaps a twig causing the animal to look over, it has two fucking heads.

As we keep walking I learn that they sent us down because the Ark is dying. Octavia wasn't faded by it and wants the rest of the Ark to die. I kind of agree but there are some innocent people up there. "Oh damn I love earth" Jasper says as he watched Octavia take her pants off. Eww boys are gross. Octavia jumps into a river that's bellow us. The others quickly decide to jump in as well until Jasper notices something in the water. "Octavia get out of the water, get out of the water now" he yells right before a snake looking thing pulls her under. "Ahh ahh" she screams as she resurfaces for a second. We start pushing rocks in so the animal will let her go. It works and Jasper jumps in to pull her out of the water. Octavia thanks him as Clarke tries to bandage the gash on her thigh. We decide to sleep by the river for the night and I use Octavia's uninjured leg as a pillow.

When we wake up we find a vine to use to cross the river with. "You wanted to go first now quit stalling, Mount Weather awaits" Clarke tells Finn. Just as he's about to swing across Jasper stops him, wanting to go first so he can impress Octavia. Jasper swings across and lands on the other side. We all scream and cheer as he finds a sign that says Mount Weather. Suddenly a spear flies through the air and lands in Jaspers chest. "J-jasper" Clarke says as I look around us in fear. We hide behind some rocks as we come to the realization that there are still people alive on the ground.