Chapter 45

"Sectors 3, 4, and 5 sustained the worst damage. We lost the server room, all of our processors, and life support systems, and half of our living quarters. Now backup power will keep the lights on at night in the rooms that survived, but we will have no heat or running water. And no way to restore or reseal the ship before the radiation gets here" Monty explains. I glance down at my half finished drawing, it is a rocket with a bunch of planets surrounding it. It's not that good, Clarke is a lot better at drawing than I am. "Is there any good news?" Bellamy asks. "Well no one died" Kane answers with a sigh. "Forget the ark. It was never going to save us all any way. We need to focus our resources on the night blood solution. Is the fuel loaded?" Clarke asks. "It's in process but Clarke, it isn't going to be an easy ride" Bellamy tells her. "What do I not know?" "With the secret of praimfiya out, I sent Echo and my army back to polis to keep the peace" Roan tells her. "Well that's good. We need peace to distribute the cure" Clarke says cluelessly. "More than half of them deserted on the way. With the end coming they want to be home. I don't blame them". "Do you blame them for burning Trikru villages as they go?" I ask peeling my eyes away from my finished drawing. "We know the woods are a war zone. After what happened with Ilian, I can't spare many of the guards to protect you" Kane explains. "My security detail can protect us" Roan offers. "Thank you that's very generous". "We are all in this together now" Roan says before leaving. "I'm gonna check on Octavia before we go"  Bellamy says as he too leaves, Monty follows him. "Clarke I'm going with you" Kane says throwing a jacket on. "You can't". I ignore there argument of why Kane can't go. "That's really good Ash" Clarke says looking at my drawing. "Here" I say giving it to her before leaving the room. They wouldn't let me go with them and I have nothing to do. Usually if I was bored I would train with Octavia or Linky, but Octavia is hurt and Lincoln is well dead.

I'm sitting in a tree when I hear yelling from outside. Ilian is being led outside by a bunch of angry Skaikru. Octavia is with them and she has a gun. I climb down the tree and find Kane and Monty. "We aren't so different after all" Niylah says walking towards us. I watch as Monty runs up to Tavia and tries to get her to put the gun down, but she just points it at his head. Kane nods at Jaha who speaks into a radio. "Black rain. Everybody get inside now. Go go go" Kane screams. Niylah and I go inside even though it's a false alarm to try and make sure Octavia doesn't kill Ilian. I stand at the entrance and watch. Kane is telling Octavia something. Octavia's hand is shaking as she drops the gun. Kane tries to comfort her but she runs outside the gates. Jaha let's Ilian go and he too runs out of camp.

I'm sitting in a tree, bored. Bellamy is back from getting the fuel to Raven, but it's useless now they lost too much of it. Something falls on my face and I wince, it burns. I look above me and see rain falling quickly from the sky. Black rain. People have realized and are rushing inside, but I'm at the top of a tree. I try to get down but loose my footing and fall. I let out a scream as I hit the ground hard. I can hear Bellamy, Kane, and Monty all calling my name. Ignoring the pain in my head I rush towards the door. My skin burns and is turning red. I try to push through the crowd of people and get inside. Harper notices me and grabs me by the shirt practically throwing me inside. I quickly peel off my shirt and jeans leaving me in a tank top and under shorts. I grab at my skin trying to rub the burning rain off of it. Harper picks me up and dunks me into a barrel of water getting all of the rain off of me.

I sigh looking around me. Everyone is stuck inside. Two people were stuck in the rain and Bellamy has gone to try and get them. I can tell he's worried about Octavia, but she's smart she would have found a cave or something for shelter. I stand up to grab a piece of paper and something to draw with, Bellamy couldn't find me a shirt in my size so the one I'm wearing hangs down to my knees. I look at Harper who is comforting a boy who is going to die because of the rain, it's going to be a long night.