Chapter 50

We all watch on a screen as primfiya hits Polis before the screen goes black. Raven is the first to speak "its 210 miles from Polis to the island. According to what was our last drone, the wave is accelerating. If we're not off the ground at least 20 minutes before it hits, the electromagnetic charge in the pyroclastic cloud will shut down the rockets avionics, meaning it won't fly. That gives us 90 minutes to run a 6 hour preflight check, retrieve the oxygen generator from the lighthouse, turn a cockpit designed for two into one that can carry nine, and load the cargo hold with enough food to keep us from starving in space while we wait for the algae to bloom" she finishes. "I thought you said it was going to be hard" Murphy sarcastically says. "That's not the hard part. Becca designed her rocket to dock with Polaris, not the Ark. that means I have to pilot it into the hangar bay on the ring" Raven informs. "What's so hard about that?" Harper asks confused. Raven shakes her head "that's not the hard part either" "what is the hard part Raven" Clarke asks impatiently. "Assuming we blast off in time, co2 scrubbers on a two person rocket won't support all nine of us" Raven finally says. "So we use supplemental oxygen" Clarke tells her. "Our tanks only hold an hour of air" Monty chimes in. "Correct. We'll have one hour to get into orbit, land in the hanger bay and fire up the life support system using an oxygen generator built to supply a light house bachelor pad" "you suck at talking people into things you know that right" Murphy tells Raven. "Anyone else still need to be talked into this?" Bellamy asks and we all shake our heads no. "Good. Now we know the many ways we might die today, why don't you tell us what we have to do to live".

It's my job to get all of the food from Becca's house. By the time I get back with the last of it I realize Clarke is gone. "Where'd Clarke go?" I whisper to Harper. "She had to fix the satellite so we can light up the ring, she'll be back in time" Harper assured me.

"Bellamy" Raven says softly. We have to leave and Clarke still isn't back. "I know Raven". Everyone else is already in the ship waiting for take off we waited as long as we can. "The radiations already affecting the avionics. It's now or never" Raven says and Bellamy climbs into the rocket. "She isn't coming?" Harper asks. "Can't we give her another minute?" Emori says angrily. "We're out of time. This what Clarke would want us to do. If we wait we die" Bellamy admits. "How are we going to know if she got the power on?" I speak up. "We will know when we get there" Raven replies. She opens the launch door and a count down starts after ten seconds we are launched into the sky. I can hear Bellamy mumble "may we meet again".

Murphy goes to unbuckle his seat belt when we get to zero g but Raven stops him, if we waste oxygen we won't make it. Raven gets out of the rocket and floats over to the ring, the lights are still off so the door won't open. "I have 15% that's ten minutes of air left" Murphy says. "I have 17%" Emori tells him. "Well that's good at least I don't have to watch you die" Murphy replies. I look down at my wrist, I only have 11% left. "I left her behind" Bellamy says as he looks out the window. "I left her behind and we all die anyway". "Bellamy look" Monty points out. The ring is lit up, Clarke did it. Raven opens the door and we get inside. We try to get the oxygen generator put in but Raven doesn't have any oxygen left in her tank. I look down at my arm, 6%, less than 4 minutes before I start to suffocate. Raven and Emori are sharing Emori's tank of oxygen while Bellamy tries to get the generator in. I start to choke as my oxygen runs out. Echo pulls off my helmet and gives me some of hers, but between me, her, and Harper that only lasts a few seconds. I gasp for air as I fall over onto my side my head aches and my lungs are burning, searching for oxygen that is not there, I'm the first of us to pass out. Is this how I'm going to die, on the floor of the ark gasping for air?

I feel someone grab my arm and drag me over to an air vent. Echo is the one who grabbed me. I cough as air fills my lungs.

"What's wrong kiddo" Murphy asks me. I look up at him. "I never wanted to be back here. I thought when we got sent down to the ground that I would never have to think about being on the Ark again, but here I am once again, locked in this hellhole" I tell him. He sighs and kisses the top of my head before telling me to go to sleep.

Sorry this is kind of short and sloppy but I wanted to post something.