Chapter 26

"It's been three hours. What are they waiting for?" Bellamy complains. It was now light out and we are still sitting in the rover. "Even with the light I don't see anyone" Kane states looking around. "I'm pretty sure that's the point, to not be seen" I tell them. "I say we make a run for it" Monty suggests. We could get killed running for it, but what other choice do we have stay in the rover until we starve to death or someone happens to stumble upon us and save us. "No that's what they want us to do". "The boy is right. They can wait longer than we can" Indra says. There is a moment of silence before Kane comes up with a plan "okay Bellamy. You get in the turret and cover us. Once we get to that ridge over there, we'll cover you". "Copy that. Run fast" Bellamy says grabbing his gun and opening the door. "They're here" he says. I grab my gun. "Everybody out or the boy dies" a man says pulling Bellamy out of the top of the rover. "Okay. Okay we're coming out. Don't hurt him" Kane says dropping his gun and opening the door. Someone pulls me out of the rover and throws me to the ground, they quickly grab my gun, knife, and sword. "All targets secured" a women says. I struggle against the person holding me. "Found it" a man says taking the tracker beacon from Monty. "It's mine give it back" he says struggling. "Monty let it go" I say keeping my neck down so I don't get cut by the sword that hovers above it. "Monty?" A woman asks. "Mom?" Monty asks. This must be farm station. The woman takes off her masks and hugs him. "Farm station stand down" a man says. "Pike" Kane says hugging Pike. "You have no idea how good it is to see you". "We didn't think you made it". "Lacroix, smith watch our six. Everyone else I said stand down" Pike says. The person holding me finally let's go and I get up and put away my weapons except for my sword. "Are you ok" Indra asks me. I nod wincing as I move my wrist that I landed on. "How many of you are there?" Kane asks. "63. The rest are camped in the mountains north of here. Grounder killers one and all am I right" Pike yells causing his people to cheer. "Fucking great" I mumble. "Hate to cut this short. We gotta find Clarke" Bellamy says walking over. "Clarke Griffin? If only all my earth skills students were as good as her" Pike says. "It's good to see you sir" "you too". "Okay. Move the tree" Kane says. "63? Farm station left with over three times that number" Kane says confused. "We landed with that number too" Pike says eyeing Indra and I. "The ice nation can be ruthless. Take pride in the number you saved" Indra tells him. "Indra, this is Charles Pike. He was a teacher on the ark. This is Indra. She's the leader of Trikru and a trusted ally" Kane introduces the two. "I'll have to take your word for it. Who's the little kid?" Pike asks Kane. I scoff "not little. Ash Summers one of the hundred" I tell him. You looks at my sword "you look like a grounder what's the sword say?" "Strik gona. Means little warrior. The nickname given to me by the grounder who trained me" I explain.  "Kane it's time to go" Bellamy says after they move the tree. "Monty give them the coordinates to arkadia. We have a settlement fifty miles south of here. Your people will be safe there" Kane explains. "You are my people" "good. Because we have reports that put Clarke north of here. We could certainly use your expertise". "If she's in the ice nation you're going to need more than that" Monty's mom tells Kane. "We leave no one behind" Pike says. "I'd like to leave you behind" I mumble so Kane can't hear me, although I doubt he knows enough trig to know what I said. Indra looks at me weird, she definitely knows what I said. "What I don't like the guy he's weird and creepy" I explain. Kane, Pike, Bellamy, Monty, Hannah, Indra, and I pile into the rover and continue the search for Clarke.

We get to the trading post and see a man trying to kill a woman. Without hesitation I pull out my pistol and shoot him in the back of the head. "Are you okay? Are you alright?" Bellamy asks the girl. Pike is looking at me like I'm crazy, probably cuz I just killed a dude. "Bounty hunter. We're here to help" Indra explains. "English" Pike yells. "Fuck off" I tell him in trig getting a slight laugh from the girl. "Pike go outside. Take Monty and Hannah and search the perimeter. Make sure he was alone" Kane orders. "We are looking for Wanheda" Indra tells the girl. "So was he" she says looking at the bounty hunter. "Please. She's in danger" Bellamy says. She looks at me for a second "she's the strik gona, which means you're Skaikru?" She asks. "Yeah" Bellamy nods. "She was here last night". Kane walks forward "did she say where she was going?" "No. She was here when I fell asleep and gone when I woke up" "did she give you any indication of where she might go?" "No. But he did. He said that his partner came back for herw. It was Ice Nation. I hope you find her" "Thank you" Kane says as Monty walks in. "Good news. I found fresh tracks" "great start the rover" "that's the bad news. Too many trees we have to go on foot" Monty explains.

We are walking through a field when we hear war drums. "Azgeda" Indra says. "You can tell its Ice Nation from the sound?" Monty asks. "No. From them" I say pointing to the three dead bodies Indra was looking at. "We need to get those bodies off the field. Unless you're good with them thinking we did this" Pike says to Kane. Bellamy realizes that someone has Clarke and tries to get to her. "Bellamy you won't make it look" I motion to the Azgeda army marching not too far away from us. "No way we'd get across without being seen" Monty tells him. "We should lay low, let the army pass. Then we find Clarke" Pike agrees. We find a cave and start towards it. "I can't go with you" Indra tells us. "Why?" Kane questions. "Ice Nation has crossed the border. They're marching against my commander. I have to warn her" she explains. "We'll get Clarke" "You better. If the ice queen gets her first she'll be dead. And we'll be at war" Indra warns before running off.

"We're losing her" Bellamy says pacing. I groan and sit up. "Relax save your energy" Kane tells him. "Kane is right son. The army will move soon. You'll need your strength for what comes next" Pike adds. I plop back down on my jacket and try to fall asleep, I haven't slept in over a day.

After some time Monty wakes me up explaining that Bellamy put on the grounders armor and went to find Clarke. I pull on my jacket and we head after him when the army moves enough. We find him in the woods with a stabbed leg. "I almost had her" he tells us. After a few minutes we convince Bellamy to go back to arkadia and we would figure something out there.