Chapter 40-season 4

I quickly climb down the ladder and land on the ground. A lot of people are crying and there are piles of dead bodies. Clarke and Bellamy were talking a few feet away from me. I had over heard them up in the tower, the world is apparently ending in six months. They told me not to tell anyone, it would cause a mass panic which is the last thing we need right now. People now once again hate Skaikru, I can't say I blame them. But most of this is Jaha's fault, he was the one who insisted on finding the city of light.

"Good. You're down. We have to go. The rover is in the north woods" Clarke tells her mother and Kane. "What about the wounded?" Abby asks. "The grounders don't want our help. Our people we will treat at Arkadia" Bellamy answers. My eyes scan the groups of people for Tavia, but I don't see her. She's probably with Indra. "Hello?" A voice that sounds like Raven comes in over the radio. The three of us walk away from Abby and Kane as Raven continues to speak "Bellamy. Please come in". "Raven, you ok?" He asks. "Yeah. Yeah. We're all in one piece" she answers. "That's good. There's something we need you to look into" Bell tells her. "First tell me how my friends are. Did everyone make it? Clarke? Ash?" She asks, worry hinting in her voice. "I'm here thanks to you. And Ash is fine. Raven did Ali ever tell you why she created the city of light?" Clarke asks. "No why?" Raven answers, confused. Suddenly a grounder yells out "The king. He is alive. We need a healer". Clarke shoves the radio into Bellamy's hand "fill Raven in. They need a doctor" she yells before rushing off. I follow her out of boredom. "Roan. He got shot trying to help me. I thought he was dead" Clarke tells her mother who also followed her. "Not yet, but he's close" Abby says checking for a pulse. "No exit wound" I tell them when I see that there isn't any blood coming from his back. "We need to get the bullet out quickly" Abby says. Suddenly the blade of a sword hits my neck. "Get away from our king" a woman's voice says as she pulls me closer and holds the sword against my throat. "You're making a mistake. We're part of the coalition" Kane tells the girl. I look up at her and she is slightly familiar, Echo, I think her name is. By this time guards have guns out and are pointing them at the grounders. "I could save him but you have to let me" Abby says as grounders start pulling out swords and knives. "We have our own healer" Echo replies coldly. "Take the king to the embassy with the rest of our dead. Do it now" Echo orders and a few Ice Nation take Roan away. "Echo" Bellamy says rushing through the crowd. "Hey Bellamy don't" Clarke warns him. "Stop" Kane says holding him back. "Let her go. Echo, let her go" he yells. "Back off Bellamy". "Your king is my friend, let us help him" Clarke begs. "I saw you in the city of light. I know you destroyed it. Thank you for that" Echo says sincerely. She lowers her sword and pushes me towards Clarke and Bellamy. "Look around you. Skaikru did this to us. Because of them, Ontari, your rightful commander, is dead. This imposter stole her flame" Echo says accusingly. She's not exactly wrong. "No. Wanheda saved us, all of us. Grounder and Skaikru" Kane tries to convince the crowd of angry grounders. "There would have been nothing to save us from if not for you" she argues. "Azgeda has no authority here" Kane tells her. It's not like we have any either, at this point we are probably more hated than them. "We do now" Echo says smugly. "In the name of King Roan as the rightful care takers of the throne of the commanders, Polis is now under Azgeda rule" Echo yells for everyone to hear. "Like hell it is" a woman yells back as she storms through the crowd. "Where is your war chief girl?" She asks Echo. "Our war chief is dead, ambassador. As a member of the queens guard, command of the army has fallen to me, until the king awakens" "if he awakens. Until a new commander can ascend, Polis is to be ruled by the ambassadors of the coalition. If Azgeda wants it, they must take it by force". The ambassador can barely finish her sentence before Echo's sword swung forward and slit her throat. Note to self, don't piss off Echo. Everyone gasps in horror. "Consider it taken. No sky person leaves this city. For Azgeda" Echo screams, holding her sword high in the air. People cheat. "Looks like saving the world will have to wait" Bellamy whispers to Clarke.