Chapter 9

The exodus ship that came down from the ark crashed. A group went to see the crash site, but Bellamy said I had to stay in camp. Me being me left as soon as they were out of sight. I used the trees to wander around the woods. I decide to stay away from the crash site. After a few hours I see a few kids playing in a stream, grounder kids. I quickly turn around and head back to camp, not wanting to get caught. "And where have you been young lady" Octavia asks me when she sees me climb out of a tree. "I was bored, went out for a while" I tell her. "Hey no sign of your brother or the others" Monty tells us as we peer out the wall. "Hey. I don't care" Octavia tells him as we both spot the pink flower in a tree. Everyone yells that something is moving outside the wall. Suddenly one boy starts shooting. "Lincoln" Octavia whispers as we rush to see what it was. "Octavia, Ash be careful" Conner says as we crouch besides a body that is too small to be Lincoln. Octavia touches the persons shoulder and they jump up and try to scurry away. "No way" Derek says looking at the boy. "Murphy?" I ask seeing the boy that was banished.

We bring Murphy into the drop ship so Clarke and Bellamy can decide what to do with him. It's nighttime so I decide to go to sleep. I take off my knife and sword and pass out from exhaustion. I wake up after only an hour or two of sleep. My whole body aches. I sit up slowly and realize tears are running down my face, I wipe them away with my hand. But it's blood and not tears. I decide to go see Clarke, she's a doctor she might know what this is. I take a step to grab my sword but my legs buckle and I fall to the ground, slowly loosing consciousness.

Octavia POV
"Some sort of sickness. You touched Murphy I need to check if you're sick" Clarke tells me. "Wait it spreads through touch?" I ask her. "Yeah" she nods. "Shit Ash" I whisper before running towards our tent. She's passed out on the floor, deathly pale, blood coming out of her eyes and nose. I pick her up and take her to the drop ship. Clarke rushes over to me. "Come on put her in a hammock then I need to examine you" she tells me. I set Ash down and let Clarke examine me. "Ok, we're done. No visible signs of swelling or bleeding" Clarke tells me as she takes the cloth away from her mouth. "So your saying she doesn't have it?" My brother asks. "I'm saying she doesn't have symptoms, but that could change. We need to keep her here just in case" "no way look at this place she'll get sick just being here" Bell protests. "Do you want to stop the spread or not? Look I'll keep her on the third level with people who aren't symptomatic yet. Think of it as a way to stop her from sneaking out again." Clarke says. "Screw you Clarke" I tell her. "I'll let you know if her condition changes" Clarke tells Bellamy as he leaves. I go to walk away but Clarke stops me "Octavia wait, I need you to sneak out again." She tells me and I nod slipping out of the drop ship and camp without being noticed.

Ash POV
I open my eyes to see the ceiling of the drop ship. Clarke is standing a few feet away. I try to call out for her but before I can make a sound I'm throwing up blood. "Hey hey hey. You're ok." Clarke says rushing over to me and turning me on my side. When I stop coughing she wipes the blood off my face. "I don't feel good" I gasp out. "I know honey. The grounders sent Murphy with a sickness and you caught it, but your fever is going down so I think in a few hours you'll be fine" she tells me. Clarke hands me water and goes to talk to Bellamy. After a few minutes I hear yelling and go to see what happened. I peak out the edge of the drop ship. People were screaming and pointing guns at the people who were sick. I get dizzy and go to lay back down before anything else happens. Clarke comes in to the ship grabs a rifle and goes back outside. Finn brings Clarke into the drop ship and lays her on a hammock. I sit up and look around. Octavia sees me and rushes over "hey strik gona how are you feeling?" She asks me. "I'm ok, how come you aren't sick?" I ask her. "Some people are immune to the sickness, I'm one of those people" she tells me handing me a pack of berries. "Why is everyone freaking out?" I ask as I start eating. "The grounders are coming and we don't have enough people who aren't sick" O says. "If we slow them down then maybe the sickness will be gone by the time they get here" I tell her before going to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of an explosion. I go outside to see everyone out there. "They did it" Bellamy whispers. "What did they do?" I ask Octavia pulling on her sleeve. "We took your advice. Slow down the grounders, we blew up the bridge" She tells me.

A/n
Sorry this took so long I was going to write it a few days ago but I got sick. If you have any suggestions  leave them in the comments.