Chapter 49

My leg bounces as we travel to the island. I ignore Bellamy and Clarke fighting. He isn't happy about her locking them out, I'm not happy with her either. "Look out" Clarke screams as a man runs in front of the truck. I throw my hands over my head as Bellamy swerves but we still end up hitting him while also crashing into a tree. "He just jumped right out in front of us. It's like he wanted to die" Clarke whispers. "Stay here. I'm going to check the damage" Bellamy says as he starts to open the door. Before he can climb out a grounder grabs him and tosses him on the ground. Soon all five of us are attempting to fight off grounders. "They want our suits" Emori yells as I try to kick the man off me as he is trying to figure out how to get the suit off of me. I struggle and reach for a knife that is on the ground, before I can an arrow strikes through his head. I grab the knife and attack another grounder while a women on a  horse helps us kill the rest of them. "There might be more of them, we should get going" Echo pants, her face is red from the radiation. "Echo what are you doing here?" Bellamy asks. He told me that she was cheating during the conclave. I kind of get it, she was trying to save her people, just like Clarke was trying to save hers when she stole the bunker. Doesn't mean either of them were in the right though. "I know about your bunker on the island. I just saved your lives. I'm hoping you will return the favor" echo asks with pleading eyes. "Unless we can get another ride, no ones making it to that island" Bellamy tells us.

"Monty do you read me over?" Bellamy talks into the radio as Clarke helps Echo put the extra suit on. "Bellamy come in do you read me?" Monty's voice crackles through the radio. "Yes Monty I read you. Where are you?" Bellamy asks. "Two clicks outside Polis. Almost there. Everything ok?" He answers. "Not exactly. Look Monty I hate to ask you this but we broke down on the way to the island to get Raven. We need you to come real us in" Bellamy explains. There's a short pause before Monty's voice is heard once again "we're on our way. Tell us exactly where you are " he says simply. Suddenly Emori starts to cough violently. "No no no no. Hey. Hey. Hey. Clarke" Murphy yells as he runs to Emori. "You've been exposed" Clarke tells her. "How is that possible she's wearing a suit" Murphy shouts. Clarke stutters as she tries to find an answer. I scan over Emoris suit and notice a tear in the helmet. "The seal of her helmet is torn" I point out. "Can you fix it?" Emori asks fear lacing her voice. "We just need tape that's all" Murphy tries to reassure her. "We don't have any tools or weapons" I tell him. "So we give her the extra suit then" Murphy says. "We don't have another suit" Bellamy tells him. "Yes we do. Take it off. Now" Murphy screams to Echo. "I saved your life" Echo reminds him. "What were you going to do if we didn't get attacked huh? I mean you guys seriously think she was following us out of the kindness of her heart. No she was going to attack us the second we stopped. Give me the suit" Murphy lunges forward only to be held back by Bellamy. "Look. You cut that suit it saves no one" "I'm not letting her die" Murphy says softly. "Neither am I" Clarke says pulling off her helmet. "Clarke what are you doing?" Bellamy asks. "I have night blood" Clarke answers. "Untested night blood" I tell her. "We are testing it now" she says as she helps Emori into the helmet.

I look down at my watch and see that we won't have enough time to make it back. "We got here as fast as we could. Clarke you're exposed come on. Let's get you into the rover" Monty attempts to grab her arm but Clarke pushes him away. "No monty I'm fine" she insists. "I'll grab the extra helmet" Harper says before rushing back into the rover. "Guys come on. Planet ain't getting any less irradiated" Murphy says as he helps Emori towards the rover. Harper grabs Echo from Bellamy and helps her into the rover. I follow them. Clarke and Bellamy are talking and I know what it's about, do we go to the island or leave Raven.

Raven looks shocked as the seven of us take off our helmets. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "We're not leaving you behind" Bellamy tells her. We walk down the stairs and my eyes drift to the rocket. "But there's no time to get back" Raven says. "We aren't going back. We're going up" I tell her. " oh don't look so surprised. It was all your crazy idea to begin with" Murphy adds sarcastically. "Space? But we don't have enough fuel to get down" "sounds like a five year problem to me" Harper shrugs. "You're talking about the ring" Raven notes. "Seems like a shame to let a good rocket go to waste" I add. "How do we live?" Raven questions. "They left a water recycler there and we know that go sci has an algae farm. We get those two things up and running, and we have food and water" Clarke explains. "Algae salads and recycled urine. Sign me up" "it's better than dying" Emori scolds her boyfriend. "Wait slow down. Breathing is important too. What's the plan for oxygen?" Raven asks. Monty explains that there should be an oxygenator in the bunker that we could take with us. "Good it's settled then. We're going back to the Ark". Fucking great.