Chapter 13

"Open it up" Kane says as we go to see Bellamy. He wanted to question us and I refused unless I could see Bellamy. "How long are you going to keep me locked up in here" Bellamy asks Kane. "Until I'm confident you're no longer a threat to others" "he's not a threat to others just to Murphy" I say. "You have your sword still, good. I want you to have it on you at all times ok" Bellamy says to me and I nod. "You no longer tell her what to do I'm the chancellor here" Kane says. "Yeah just because you're chancellor doesn't mean I'll listen to you" I tell him. "Let's continue, you said there was hundreds of grounders attacking. Two three hundred" "we didn't stop to count" I interrupt Kane. "Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?" Kane asks. "We were here. That was enough. We are waiting time the others didn't just vanish into thin air. they  were taken and we need to go find them. And Ash can't remember how she got out or where she was." Bellamy yells. "A search team is preparing to leave, but not before we get the intel we need from you" Kane explains. "I need to be on that team. Please" Bellamy pleads. "It's out of the question it's too dangerous. You're not trained" "those our my people out there" I tell Kane. "They're my people too. You wanna help them? Tell me what we're up against. Grounder tactics. Their numbers what kind of weapons they used". Arrows and spears. Axes. Swords. Their teeth" Bellamy lists off the weapons. "No guns?" Kane asks. "No" I tell him. "You had guns" he tells us. Really I didn't know that. "The guns we found at the aid depot leveled the playing field. Maybe. Maybe if we had more bullets, We could've-" "there were more bullets. Search team just returned from the bunker. They found two more barrels of rifles and a third filled with bullets" Kane says cutting Bellamy off. "We should have looked harder." The door opens and two guards drag Murphy into the room. "What's he doing here?" Bellamy asks. "Excuse me sir. Dr Griffin cleared Mr. Murphy out of medical" one of the guards says. Kane stands up "put him over there, major Byrne" Kane tells her. Both Murphy and Bellamy get tied up. Probably so they can't try to kill each other again. "Well this should be fun" Murphy mumbles. Suddenly a gun shot goes off. "Let's go" Kane says and all the guards leave with him. "I'm going to see if Raven is ok. Bye Bell. Bye John" I say hoping to annoy Murphy. "Don't call me John" he says. "Whatever you say Johnny" I say walking out.

I find Abby, Clarke's mom. "Is Raven ok?" I ask walking up to her. "I don't know yet. You're the kid that got sent down on the drop ship right?" She asks me. "Yeah I'm going to find Raven" I tell her before walking into the med tent. "Hey Raven" I say walking up to her, Finn is still with her. "Hey kiddo. I'm glad you ran away from wherever you were" she says giving me a slight smile. "How are you feeling?" Abby asks walking in. "Awesome" Raven lies. "She's lying" Finn says. "I know that face just spit it out Abby" Raven tells her. "The bullet is still shifting that's why you're in pain. I was hoping it would stabilize by now" she explains. "So how about you take it out" Raven says. "Raven we need to talk about that." Raven decides to have the surgery even though it could kill her. "Ash go play outside or something" Abby tells me. "Fine I'm going to climb some trees. Bye Ray" I say hugging Raven before leaving. I find the tallest tree I can and climb up it. Looking at Camp Jaha. People are working and guards are aiming their guns at the woods. I wince when I hear Raven start screaming. Suddenly more people start screaming, from outside the wall. I climb down the tree and wait. "The guards are bringing in three men, they all are dead. "Great. They definitely won't want to find the others now" I whisper to myself. "Sweetheart you shouldn't see that why don't you go and talk to the other little kids your age. Make some friends" a women says pushing me towards a group of kids. Little kid and shouldn't see that, you I'm not little and I've done worse than what I just saw. I sigh and grab a stick to draw in the dirt.

Raven is done her surgery but Abby won't let me see her. Instead she sends me to bed like I'm a toddler. I lay down in the tent they gave me. Apparently no one has any idea of what to do with me. I toss and turn for a few minutes before falling asleep.

I wake up when I feel some one pick me up. "Grab her sword" I hear Bellamy whisper. "Why do we need to bring the kid?" I hear Murphy ask. "We aren't bringing her. We are making sure they make sure she's ok while we are gone" I open my eyes to see Murphy, Bellamy, Finn, and two others who were on the drop ship. "Where are you going" I ask. "We are going to find the others and bring them back" Finn says and they start walking through the camp. I lean my head on Bellamy's shoulder. They had to wake me up for this. We leave camp and start walking into the woods. "You don't think anyone saw us" Bellamy asks. "Shh. Keep it down" Finn tells him. Abby and another guard are standing in front of us "you're late" Abby says. "Bellamy decided to bring company" Finn says motioning to Murphy. "He's the only person that's been in there camp" Bellamy explains setting me down on the ground. I grab my sword from Finn and slide it into the sheath I had on my hip. I had got bored and made one, surprisingly it works. Abby and the guard hand them guns. "Here find my son. His names is Nathan Miller" the guard, Miller's dad says. "And here's the knife you asked for, but aren't guns more useful?" Abby asks handing Finn a small dagger. "Not in this case. No one knows about this. They take your sword you still have something to protect yourself with. Both of these stay on you whenever you are walking around camp, no wandering outside of the wall" Finn tells me as he slides the dagger into my boot. No one will find it there. "Bring them home" Abby says and they nod before leaving.