Chapter 10

I'm hitting my sword against a tree trying to practice the moves Linky taught me. "Ash" I turn to see Bellamy, "what?" I ask sliding my sword back into the sheath. "Here, only use it if you're under attack by grounders okay" he says handing me a gun, it looks like the one he had when we first got to the ground. "Why I have my sword and knife?" I say confused. "I know, just in case you loose them or one breaks" he says. "Ok" I tell him and take the gun, tucking it in my waistband.

"Hi Tavia" I say walking into the smoke house. "Hey strik gona" she says. "What's that mean?" Murphy asks confused. "Means little warrior in grounder language" I tell him. Both him and Octavia realize the fire is out of control and the food is catching on fire. "Come on get out of here" Murphy yells as O drags me out of the fire. "I got her" Raven tells O as she helps me further away from the smoke. "Hey kid you ok?" She says. I nod while coughing from the smoke I inhaled. Murphy was fighting the boy who apparently kept feeding the fire. "Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food" Octavia yells.

It was soon decided that we would have to hunt. "So who am I going with?" I ask Bellamy. "No no way. You are staying here we're it's safe." He tells me. "Oh come on I have three weapons and Lincoln taught me to fight. I'll be fine" I say. "Okay fine but you go with Miller" he says. "Yay thanks" I hug Bellamy before finding Miller. "Come on Miller lets go hunting" I say grabbing his arm and dragging him out of camp. "Of course of all the people I could be stuck it's a seven year old" he mumbles. "Don't act like you hate me" I say. "I do hate you" he says jokingly. "No you don't I'm too adorable to hate" I say before climbing up a tree. "Ash what the hell are you doing?" Miller asks. "Keep walking I'm looking to see if there are any animals ahead." I tell him.

After walking for a few hours we only managed to get one animal. "Ahhhh" I hear a man yell as he charges towards Miller. Miller drops the animal and tries to shoot the grounder but fails. The grounder pulls out a knife to stab Miller. I grab my dagger and jump out of the tree. Landing on the grounders back I drag my knife across his neck. Successfully slitting his throat. "We should go there could be more of them around" I tell Miller taking the grounders knife and leaving my blood covered one next to his body. "Why'd you take his knife" Miller asks as we get closer to camp. "It's better quality than mine, less likely to fall apart" I say.

After another hour or two we get back to camp. "Ash what the hell happened to you are you hurt" Octavia yells running up to me. I put my hand up to my face and realize it's covered in dry blood. "Killed a grounder, slit his throat" I tell her. "Everyone else back" Miller asks Bellamy. "Yeah everyone but Clarke's group. We are going after them" Bellamy tells him. "Wash the blood of your face and go to bed we should be back by morning" O says kissing the top off my head. I roll my eyes but does as she says.

Clarke and Finn are still missing and Monty is gone too. Miles says Finn and Clarke were taken by grounders. Bellamy is having people set up foxholes and build land mines and grenades. Bellamy has also decided that no one leaves camp, saying it's too dangerous. Suddenly a gun goes off. I look over to realize it was just a boy who fell asleep and accidentally pulled the trigger. "I'm sorry man I've been on watch all day" he tries to explain. "We've all been on watch all day. That bullet was one less dead grounder" Bellamy yells pinning the boy against a tree and shaking him. "Bell, you're scaring  people" Octavia tells him. "They should be scared. The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare but that time is up. The grounders are out there right now,waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do. Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone probably dead. And if you wanna be next I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp. This camp is the only thing that's keeping us alive. Get back to work" Bellamy yells ending his speech.

I'm sitting on the top level of the drop ship when I hear Bellamy and Jasper start to fight. I sigh and climb down the ladder, existing the drop ship. I walk into Ravens tent and see her making bullets. "Why not make another bomb set it far enough away from us and then when the grounders are close enough have Bellamy shoot the bomb and explode all the grounders" I ask her. "It's a good idea but we can't waste the gun powder on a bomb that might not work" she explains. We hear the drop ship door close and go to see what's happening. Jasper is being held captive by Murphy who killed Miles and now has a gun. Bellamy sends Raven to the bottom of the drop ship to see if she can find another way into the drop ship. Raven takes me down with her.

"Bellamy you were right, there's a loose panel in the back. If I pop it we can get in through the floor." Raven tells Bellamy. "Good, do it" we go back and try to get the door open. "Hey you might want to hurry up Bellamy is the one with Murphy now" We turn around to see Jasper standing behind us. "Almost got it" Raven says before pulling up the panel. We crawl in and see a bunch of wires and shit. I can hear Murphy from above, but his voice is too muffled to understand. "Very cool" Raven whispers looking around. "Stop thinking like a mechanic and find me something to shoot through" Jasper tells her. "Well this Mechanic is going to hot-wire the door". "There's the hatch" I point to it and Jasper starts to walk towards it. "Locks from above. Forget it" Raven tells him. "Dammit he's up there because of me" Jasper says loudly. "Shh Murphy might hear you" I whisper to Jasper. "Help me find the door circuit" Raven tells us and we start searching for it. "We lost Clarke we can't loose Bellamy too" "Jasper shut up. They are like right  above your head" Raven whispers pointing above us. "Good I'll have to shoot through the floor, I just have to figure out where Murphy is" "bad idea. Holy crap there's tons of it." Raven says finding a thing of hydrazine. "The engines fired late on the way down. We can make more bombs" Jasper tells Raven. "Yeah put that on our to do list" I whisper. "From now on no shooting you got me" Raven tells Jasper. We all jump as a gun goes off from above us. "Get that door open" Jasper whispers to Raven. She nods and we continue to work.

"We need to do this now" I say to Raven when we hear another gun shot. "I'm working as fast as I can the wires for the door are mixed in with the ignition system. Sparking the wrong one would be bad" Raven tells us as she pulls on the wires. "Go wait outside the door so I can finish ok" Raven says. Jasper and I crawl back out of the drop ship and wait in front of it. After a few seconds we hear a few gunshots go off. Raven gets the door open and Jasper and Octavia go rushing in. I follow them to see Bellamy hanging in the drop ship. Murphy no where to be found. Octavia gets Bellamy down and gets the seat belt off his neck. Bellamy tried to go after Murphy but he blows a whole in the drop ship and runs.

Bellamy runs out to see who is outside the camp. Everyone has their guns aimed towards the wall. "Wait hold your fire it's Finn and Clarke. Open the gate". The others do as he says and Clarke an Finn walk into camp. "Clarke we need to leave now. All of us do there's an army of grounders unlike anything we've seen before, coming for us right now we need to pack what we can and run" Finn says, I look down and see that he's holding a sword. "Like hell we do. We knew this was coming." "Bell, we are not prepared" Octavia tells her brother. "And there not here yet. We still have time to get ready. Besides where would we go? Where would we be safer than behind these walls?" Bellamy asks. "There's an ocean to the East. People there will help us" Finn tells us. "You saw Lincoln" Octavia asks turning to Finn, "yeah" he says. "You expect us to trust a grounder?" Bellamy asks. "This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands. Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground. Our ground. The grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky we don't belong here.  But they are yet to realize one very important fact, we are on the ground now and that means we are grounders. Dam right I say let them come" Bellamy yells out. "Bellamys right. If we leave we may never find a place as safe as this. And god knows in this world we could be faced with something even worse tomorrow. But that doesn't change the simple fact that if we stay here we will all die tonight. So pack your things. Just take what you can carry. Now" Clarke yells and every one goes to get there stuff. "Where is he?" Octavia asks Finn, he says nothing and hands her the sword.  "Help me" we all look over to see Raven her side covered in blood. Clarke goes to help her and I grab all my weapons not having anything else to take with me. I quickly braid my hair in a tight French braid to keep it out of my face.