Chapter 58

POV Ash
"Octavia he is your brother you can't just throw him in the pits to die" I yell. "You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do Ash. He tried to kill me they are getting what they deserve. And he has a chance he could beat them" Octavia or should I say Blodreina tells me. "If Bellamy dies you will never forgive yourself, and I won't ever forgive you either" I tell her before storming out almost bumping into Miller as he walks in the door.

I close the door to Olives room and see her packing a bag. "You're going? You're going to march with Octavia?" I ask her. "I don't have any where else to go. Before you all I had was Wonkru they are my people. If I stay here I'll probably die" I sigh knowing that she is right. "I don't know what to do. Whatever decision I make someone is going to feel betrayed, I love Octavia she was like a mother to me but now she's risking the lives of everyone I love, the people that were there for me these past six years when she couldn't be" I say looking up at her. Her thumb strokes my cheek "this is a decision that only you can make. You have to think about what is best for yourself Bellamy and Octavia are adults they are going to have to work things out" she tells me. A small cry grabs my attention and I walk over to the small child and pick her up letting her chuby hands grab at my face. I smile down at the little girl as I hear a knock on the door. I quickly hand Oli her sister while grabbing a knife and holding it behind my back as I open the door, two guards stand before me "Blodreina requests your presence" one tells me. I slip the dagger into the back of my pants and follow them out the door. I open the door to Octavia's office the guards standing outside the door. Her back faces me but she knows I'm here "I don't want my brother to die Ash you have to believe that. I never wanted any of this" she tells me. "Then why are we here Octavia there has to be another way. Why can't we just surrender and share the valley. What happened to the girl that chased butterflies?" I scream, trying to mask my hurt with anger. "That girl is dead" Octavia. I storm out the door and I can hear her let out a sob but I keep walking. Olive was right, I have to do what is right for me, I can't let my emotions control my safety. I slam the door to my room open and start shoving the few belongings I have into my backpack. I'll fight this war, not because I want to, but because the only other option is to stay here and probably die.

I let out a shaky breath as the three opponents walk into the arena. People around me buzz with excitement like this is a game to them. I look over to Octavia who sits in a throne about 10 feet away from me. She stands and addresses the crowd "We gather here today to remind ourselves what happens to the enemies of Wonkru. It doesn't matter who you are, if you choose sides against us, if you divide us, if you defy us then you are not us. Before we give these traitors a second chance to be called brother, sister or seda, we pay tribute to those who have died so that we might live. Be the last".

Indra and Gaia rush for the weapons and put on a fight for the audience while Bellamy just stands there. Indra knocks Gaia down and Bellamy seems to come to his senses as he grabs a sword off the wall dodging Indra's attack. They go back and forth dodging hits, neither one wanting to kill the other but both wanting to survive. Gaia stirs and wrested the weapon from her mother's hand before mumbling some words and drawing her arms back. "No" I scream as I watch the spear be launched out of her hand, I rush over to Octavia and knock the spear out of its path, it lodges itself right between her chair. I look down and see Bellamy still holding onto Gaia from when he tried to stop her. Octavia pulls out the spear and looks at it for a second before saying "I said, be the last" and tossing the spear back into the arena. The spear clanks on the concrete floor and the three opponents stare down at it for a second before Indra springs into action and grabs for it. The other two grab weapons of their own but before they can fight Monty has entered the arena. "Stop" he yells. "Monty get out of here" Bellamy warns while Octavia orders "guards take him away". This doesn't stop Monty "Octavia told you we have to march, that we have to fight for the one place left where we can survive, but she knows that's not true" he tells the crowd. "Monty you do not belong here" Octavia says calmly. Monty reveals the apple blossom that he had shown me earlier "the hydro farm is working again. Soon it'll be processing enough food to feed all of us here. Using the same technique we can grow crops on the waste land. Ask Octavia she's seen it with her own eyes. Go to war if you want to, but at least tell them that they have a choice" Monty finishes his speech. The crowd mumbles to each other shocked by this revelation. One of Octavia's guards ask her if it's true. There is a momentary silence before a voice in the crowd yells out "blodreina no more". The crowd agrees with him repeating the phrase as they climb into the arena and advance towards Octavia. I slip my gun out of the waist band of my pants and turn off the safety. I may not agree with what Octavia is doing right now, but I'm not going to let them hurt her. "Blodreina what are your orders" Miller asks gripping a gun of his own. Octavia stares at the crowd before reaching out and hand and lowering our guns "stand down" she tells us. I keep my gun lowered but tighten my grip on it not letting my guard down. I don't stop Octavia as she walks out, her mistakes are her own, she has to deal with the consequences.

I'm looking through the crowd for Olive and Aria when I hear an alarm go off. I quickly realize it's a fire alarm and rush towards the hydro farm. I have to say she is dedicated. "What did you do?" Monty asks as he watches his plants burn. "Took away the choice" Indra answers. "You still have one. Stay here and die, or march with me and live" Octavia tells them.

"I know you want to fight but you are all Aria has left. If you die she is all alone" I tell Olive who huffs at me knowing that I am right. When we get close to the valley stay behind with the medics you and Aria will be safe there and you can still be useful, you can help treat the wounded" I tell her. "Ok" she says softly and I smile at her before pressing a kiss to her temple. I throw my backpack over my shoulders. I fasten one sword my waist and a rifle over my shoulder. My knife is slipped into my boot and my pistol is holstered on my other hip. I walk up to the front towards Octavia, walking besides her as we start the almost week long journey to the valley.