Chapter 7

I open the hatch and climb up the ladder to see Bellamy staring at the grounder. "Ash go your not supposed to be up here" he says without looking at me. "Why it's not like he can do anything" I reply. "He still won't talk" Bellamy mumbles to himself. "We don't even know if he speaks English and he's not going to tell us that he can if he does understand us. Also if you wanted him to talk maybe you shouldn't have tortured him" I tell Bellamy. "I was saving Finn" "but you didn't save Finn, I did. Accidentally but still saved him. Bye mr grounder guy" I say as I climb down the hatch. He looks at me weirdly. Maybe he does understand us. Miller climbs up the hatch after I get down. Octavia is sitting on the first level of the drop ship waiting to see the grounder. I sigh and look for something to do. Being a tiny seven year old Clarke and Bellamy decided I didn't have to do any jobs. A lot of the delinquents said that wasn't fair but there wasn't anything they could do about it. "Hey kiddo" I look up to see Monty and Jasper packaging rations. "Hey what's that?" I ask. "Some sort of nuts here" Monty says throwing me a pack. I open it up and try one, they taste kind of weird. "Ash me and Bellamy are going on a day trip you'll be ok here right?" Clarke asks as Bellamy shoves rations in his pack. "Yeah I'll be ok" I tell her as I continue to eat.

I walk in the drop ship to find Octavia but can't find her. Suddenly I'm grabbed from behind, a hand covering my mouth. "Shhh it's just me" Octavia says as she lets me go. A kid named Conner walks into the drop ship "hey Miller, Romas parents are waiting for you on the radio" he says and they both leave. "Come on" Octavia whispers and we walk up the to see the grounder. I shove the rest of the nuts in my mouth and drop the package on the ground. "Hi we don't have a lot of time. I brought you some water" Octavia says as she helps him drink water out of the canteen. Suddenly my head hurts and I grab it, not paying attention to Octavia explaining why she couldn't see him. I shake my head to clear it and brush off the pain. "You do understand me, I knew it" Octavia says. Octavia grabs a rag and some water and starts cleaning the cuts on his face and chest. "Do all grounders speak English or is there some grounder language?" I ask but get no answer. Octavia tells the grounder that it was her fault because she freaked out. "My name is Lincoln" Lincoln says quietly. "Lincoln. I'm Octavia and that's Ash" O says pointing to me. "Well is that it? Is that all you're gonna say?" She asks. "It's not safe for us to talk" he tells her. "Well if we can't talk why'd you tell me your name?" I look over to the other side of the drop ship and see my mom, I stumble into Octavia but she doesn't notice. I look again and she's gone. Of course she isn't there she was floated. "Octavia, Ash  get the hell out now" I look over to see an angry Miller behind us. "Bellamys not even here" Octavia says. "Get out or he gets the beating I've been aching to give him" Miller says pointing at Lincoln. "Ok ok I get it. I'm gone" Octavia says and pulls me to the ladder. "Asshole" I whisper before climbing done.

I'm walking I outside of the drop ship when I see my dad drunk, bottle in one hand, the other raised as if he was about to hit me. I walk backwards until I hit something I look up too see Raven. "Hey ash are you ok?" She asks me. I nod and head to my and Tavias tent. Deciding to sleep off whatever is wrong with me. "Ash wake up" I open my eyes to see Octavia smiling. "Why are you so happy?" I groan sitting up, my head feels clearer. "I found a way to get Lincoln out. Those nuts you were eating are like drugs. I passed them out so everyone is high and seeing stuff so they won't notice him leaving camp. "Smart" I tell her as I pull on my boots. I grab my hair tie and put my long hair into a really messy ponytail. We leave the tent and Octavia grabs a jacket and shirt off the floor before hurrying to the ship. "Give me your knife" she says and I hand it to her. "Don't move" she tells Lincoln and cuts the ropes before handing me the knife back. I strap it to my leg and hand him the shirt and jacket. "Why are you doing this they'll know you helped me" he tells us. "Just get dressed" Octavia tells him. "You said it if you stay here you die. I'm not gonna let that happen" "even in these clothes I'll be seen" he says. "People are seeing a lot of weird shit right now" "what'd you do?" Octavia explains how she gave everyone rations. Lincoln starts to leave but then turns back around and kisses Octavia. I didn't exactly expect that. He turns around and walks away. "Bye Linky" I shout after him. "Linky?" Octavia asks with a laugh. "Yeah" I tell her before rushing off.

"Rough night?" Moth asks walking up to me and O. "Yeah my head is killing me you?" She asks him. "I'm pretty sure I ate a pine cone, because it told me too" month says and I laugh. "He's gone, the grounder is gone" Miller yells rushing out of the drop ship. Everyone starts talking about how we are gonna be attacked. "Let the grounders come. We've been afraid of them for too long and why? Because of their knives and spears. Well I don't know about you but I'm tired of being afraid" Bellamy says as he and Clarke show everyone the guns they found.

Sorry it took this long to update. I had a lot of writers block this chapter.