Chapter 6

It was raining hard and everyone is rushing into the drop ship as the girl tries to call the ark. I can't hear what she's saying over the rain. I walk over to the wall and sit there holding my head and trying to get the pounding to go away. I look up to see Clarke checking on Finn. He's deathly pale and unconscious. "This is a restricted channel. Who is this please identify yourself." I hear from the radio. The girl who's name I still don't know did it. I try to listen to what they are saying but my head feels like it's been split in two. I guess the adrenaline and pain from my shoulder earlier made my head seem ok. My eyes flutter close and I decide to rest for a bit, even though that's probably a bad idea.

"Hey sweetie I need you to wake up" I open my eyes to see the girl lightly tapping my face. "You came down in the pod right?" I ask as she lifts me up and places me on a table. "Yeah I'm Raven" she tells me. "I'm Ash". "Clarke what exactly do I do?" Raven asks. "Just clean her head and make sure it's not bleeding anymore there's not much else we can do" Clarke says from where she's stitching Finns chest. Raven grabs a cloth and a bottle of what's probably Monty's moonshine. She pours it on the cloth and dabs it on my head I wince when the alcohol touches my open cut. "So how did you get this any way was it the grounder!" She asks as she wipes away the blood that had dripped all down my face. "No, me and Tavia were walking back to camp when we heard footsteps and ran, but we tripped and fell down a hill. The grounder found us later when it was dark. He fixed my shoulder and Octavia's leg" I tell her and she nods looking surprised. "Clarke there was a child sent down is she still alive" I look over to the radio when I realize they are talking about me. "Ash yeah. She's ok Octavia is taking care of her most of the time" Clarke tells her mother. "What happened to the grounder?" I ask. "Bellamy brought him back he's upstairs" Clarke tells me as she checks over Finn. "Did he have a bag with him?" I ask as I gently jump down from the table. "Yeah". "Great" I say climbing up the ladder and ignoring Clarke's protests. I open the hatch wincing at the pain in my shoulder. "What are you doing up here" Bellamy asks as I look through the bag on the floor. I grab my knife and leave as Clarke who followed me up comments on how the grounder is going to hate us. I climb down the ladder and cut down a seat belt. "What's the seat belt for kid?" Raven asks as she watches over Finn. "To hold the knife to my thigh. I can't find the one I made before" I tell her as I strap my knife to my thigh. Suddenly Finn starts shaking and Raven screams for Clarke.

As Clarke and Raven try to figure out how he could have been poisoned when they sterilized everything my eyes land on the knife. "The knife that's what was poisoned" I tell Clarke and she goes up the drop ship taking the knife with her. After a few minutes I hear yelling and realize they are torturing the grounder. I look over and see that Finns chest is no longer rising and falling. "Raven" I yell and she rushes to his side. After a few seconds of waiting Finn starts to breathe again. Raven rushes upstairs leaving me alone with him. Less than a minute later I can hear Raven screaming that's Finn is all she has left and the grounder yelling out in pain. I climb up to the top floor and through the hatch. Raven is shocking him with two wires. I go to stand by Octavia when something sharp hits the side of my arm. "Ow" I mumble then look to see what it was. A knife had grazed my arm, but not just any knife, the poisoned knife that is killing Finn. "Shit" I yell out causing everyone to look at me. Octavia rushes to my arm when she sees it bleeding. "No no no no no. Please you need to tell us the antidote. Please you can't let her die. She's just an innocent little girl. Don't be the reason she's dead." Octavia pleads to the grounder who's tied up and bloody. No one else is talking. The grounder slowly tilts his head to the pile of files on the floor. Octavia picks one up. "This one. Is it this" she says holding it to the light. After a few seconds he nods and she gives it to Clarke who rushes to give it to Finn. Octavia grabs a bandage and quickly wraps it around my arm. Bellamy grabs his sisters arm but she pushes him away. "Don't touch me" she yells before climbing down the ladder. A few minutes she returns with the half empty vile of antidote and hands it to me "here, drink all of it" she says and I nod gulping it down. It tastes weird but not that bad. "Go to bed" she says leaning down to kiss the top of my head. I nod and climb down to the first level to go to sleep.