Ch 5

Friday Morning...

Doflamingo's Pov

"Law, hurry up and sign (Y/n)'s release form!" I was becoming a little annoyed with the man as he continued to ignore me while drinking his morning coffee. "Hm... I want a new X-ray machine" My eyes narrowed at his request but quickly nodded my head as I pushed (Y/n)'s release paperwork in front of him. "Fine, now sign the paper Law"

"There you go but remember take things slowly and don't let her lift anything heavy" With the paperwork signed I went back to (Y/n)'s room to give her the good news. "You're free to go (Y/n). Is there anything you'll like to do before we go home?" The girl was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed as she thought about my question but it didn't take her long before she replied. "Is there food at my house I want some snacks to eat there should be enough money in my account to get a few things"

"I'll buy you wherever you want, I can just take it out of your pay when you start working for me" I learned over the last few days that the girl wanted to do things on her own and I couldn't fault her for it, at least she didn't want to take advantage of my money. "Are you sure Doffy?"

"Yup, come on we should get out of here. We can even pick up some movies to watch if you're in the mood" She smiled back up at me as her feet touched the ground before her hand grabbed a hold of mine. "That sounds great Doffy" We walked past Law who raised an eyebrow at us but he quickly went back to working on his paperwork as I pulled the button to call the elevator to the floor.

"Bye Law" (Y/n) was so cute as she sent a little wave towards Law before we stepped into the elevator and the doors closed. "I can't wait for you to see your new place (Y/n)~ It's a hundred times better than that fire trap you were living in before. Oh, that reminds me I heard it actually caught fire last night and burned to the ground"

Her eyes widened as she leaned against the railing in the elevator but her smile remained in place as she replied to me. "I guess that means I'm lucky to have moved out when I did. Thanks for everything Doffy"

"It's no trouble at all my dear~"

~~~~~~~

At the Supermarket...

(Y/n)'s Pov

Doflamingo had taken me to a well-stocked grocery store in the nice part of town. Although somehow, I had allowed the man to put me in the shopping cart as he pushed me around the store. "Did you want any juice (Y/n)?" Looking over at the frozen juice selection I took in all my options before my eyes locked on one can that had an orange with sunglasses on it. "I want that one, the one with the orange wearing sunglasses"

Apparently, money wasn't going to be an issue anymore since Doflamingo had told me the amount I would make per week and it was crazy. Sure, it was pennies to him but for me, it was like I won the lottery. I would still only spend so much though since I didn't know if Doflamingo's kindness was only temporary or not. "You have good taste (Y/n) this is my favorite juice. I might just have to steal some of yours every now and then~"

As he walked away from the cart I watched as he started to take a few cans out of the freezer before he placed them in the cart with me. "Wait here (Y/n)... I'm going to grab some wine and steak that we can share tonight" I shook my head as Doflamingo turned the corner and disappeared. I'm not sure why he didn't just take the cart with him but then again, he might have thought it was faster this way.

"Hey! You're blocking the freezer and we don't like your kind on our side of town!" Turning my head, I could see a very unhappy lady glaring at me as her hands gripped her cart like she was a bull preparing to ram its victim. "I'm sorry- Wait a minute what do you mean 'your' kind!?"

"Poor people and just look at you why is a grown adult sitting in a shopping cart like a little kid? I suggest you leave before I call the manager!" Oh, so she was one of those people who thought she was better than everyone else. My throat had started to hurt but that didn't stop me from giving the lady a piece of my mind. "Fuck you, I'm not going anywhere!"

Her frown deepened as she started walking closer to me and by the way her hand was laid out flat, I knew she was going to try to slap me. "Ahhhhhhhh! Doflamingo help me!!" Thankfully the lady stopped in her tracks before her hand could touch me but it was odd since she had a fearful look on her face. "Don't you dare lay a hand on my friend... Are you alright (Y/n)? I'm sorry I left you alone I didn't think such trash was allowed in this store"

I looked between the pair before I focused my attention on Doflamingo. "It's okay... Let's finish our shopping" It was strange the way the lady stopped moving all on her own but as the man's fingers relaxed the lady run out of the aisle to get away from us. "What was that Doffy how come that lady stopped moving before she could slap me?"

"It's my power... I'll tell you more about it later. What other items are on your list (Y/n)? I got you a couple of things but I want to be sure you have enough to eat when you get hungry" His explanation made sense and I didn't really care about his powers but it was interesting to be this close to someone who was so unique. "Milk... but it needs to be almond milk since I'm lactose intolerant. It's probably kept in the natural section of the store"

"Oh, I'll make a note of that. I wouldn't want to cause you to get sick because I made something with milk in it. So, does that mean you can't have anything with dairy in it (Y/n)?" Now that I thought about it, I probably should have told the man this a few days ago but it completely slipped my mind. "I can have a little bit but I just buy the dairy-free versions since there usually the same price as the regular stuff"

"I'll just take the dairy products back to my kitchen then. Come on let's finish up so I can take you home~"

~~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

"You live all the way out here Doffy?" We had left the supermarket and started heading to Doflamingo's house but as we were driving, I didn't notice any other houses nearby. "I do~ It's quite peaceful not having any neighbors around to bother me and everything you see around you is my property"

"All of it?" Doflamingo's arm was draped around my seat just above my head but he moved it as he pointed at something out my window. "Take a look (Y/n)... there's the apple orchard where my family picks our apples every year. When the fall comes, I'll take you down there and we can make a pie with the apples we pick. Oh, and right there! You can just barely see the ocean peeking over the hills, have you been to the beach before (Y/n)?"

"No... we never got to do anything like that" Doflamingo looked so happy but the tears were already pouring down my face as his smile dropped. "What's the matter (Y/n)? Hold on a minute... it's alright" He pulled over to the side of the road as he unbuckled my seatbelt before I was moved into his lap. "There, there~ Let it all out and when you're ready we'll continue driving~ I've got all the time in the world so don't worry~"

He was so gentle and patient with me, no one else has ever given me much of a second thought before but he was different. "T-Thank you Doffy!" When his lips pressed against my forehead, I could feel a warmth spread through my chest as the tears stopped spilling from my eyes. "There's that smile I love so much~ Shall we continue on or do you need another minute?"

"Y-You kissed me!" I didn't know how exactly to react to Doflamingo's friendly kiss but when I started to blush, he only started to chuckle. "Fufufufu. Awe, your face is all red (Y/n) should I call Law and tell him you have a cold? Fufufu"

"I don't have a cold! Stop teasing me and start driving! I want to see this guesthouse you're so proud of!"

"Fufufu. As you wish my dear~"

~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...