Ch 32

Asmodeus' Pov

It didn't long to deal with the few demons that tried to bring harm to my Queen although when the last one fell, I heard her speak up. "You have remained the same after all these years. I find that comforting" To think I had forgotten someone as important as her but at least things could be set right. "You have finally changed your tune and I like it. Now, shall we begin this little ritual? Fufufu. I never want to see that smile fade from your lips again" There was no reason to doubt what she believed and if this indeed was a success, I would need to part from her again. We would remain together until the end.

Azazel's Pov

"My dream can finally become a reality" This was a dream I always held within a dark part of my mind but now it had been dragged to the surface as I realized it was closer than ever before. "Where do we begin my darling?" The book had the details spelled out and we would need to begin with the first. It was simple enough for someone like Asmo to complete so I held out the book for him to see. "A symbol is drawn with freshly spilled demon blood. Think you can manage to copy the one from this book Asmo?"

"Of course, my darling" I sat back to watch Asmo, and the moment his fingertips dripped into the pool of blood I found myself licking my lips. He was quick to finish the symbol with perfect detail before returning to stand beside me. "How's that Az?"

"Very good Asmo. Now, this is where it becomes complex. We need to recite these words and at the same outcast our powers" I had already gone over them but allowed Asmo to read over them as well. He was quick to understand them and leaned against my shoulder when finished. "Are you rested enough for this to work Az?" I would be fine however there were still a few details that bothered me. "Of course... but I do worry about what will occur to the humans"

"What do you mean?" He was confused however I replied with what made been on my mind for the past hour. "Our powers manifest within a host. Do you think they'd lose that power the moment our souls' part?" It wouldn't have been a big deal with this ritual had occurred centuries before however now they had grown reliant on their gifts. "Most likely but that is a small price to pay. They will do just fine without power. Let's begin my darling"

"Yes, let's begin"

~~~~~~~~~~~

One Year Later...

(Y/n)'s Pov

I had been sitting outside with my partner all afternoon but the man beside me just refused to relax. "Doffy are you alright? You seem distracted today" He looked over to me although I could see that look on his face before a smile tried to hide it. "I can't say for certain but it's almost like someone is watching me" Doflamingo had been like this for months and really, I understood that without his powers he was always on edge. However, in this case, I believe it was his daughter causing the feeling of being watched. "Well, your daughter has been spying on you from that bush all afternoon"

"No, that's not it" I tried to comfort him although it was a lot harder to accomplish due to him constantly feeling under attack. "Maybe it's just your imagination. You have been stiff and on edge ever since that day" My hands were trying to tangle with his however he stood up at the last minute before pacing in front of me. "We lost our powers (Y/n). How the hell am I supposed to protect myself from enemies when I'm this weak?"

"Fufufu. Long time no see Doflamingo. Didn't think you'd turn into such a coward" I hadn't expected to hear another person's voice however Doflamingo had already taken out his gun while I just leaned my head back to take a look at the male. "Who the hell are you!?" There was something familiar about him but with Doflamingo pointing a gun at him, I just took a sip from my water and watched the scene unfold. "Oh, don't recognize me?"

"Stop toying with that human, Asmo" Turning my head I met the eyes of a young female but I recognized her immediately she always used this form. "Yes, darling" I never expected to see her again although it was nice, she had finally decided to visit. "Azazel where have you been?" I noticed a smile had formed when I addressed her and thankfully when I had said her name Doflamingo had calmed down enough to return to his seat even though Asmodeus was pinching at his cheeks. "Exploring the world and spending time with my husband"

It was good she was here although I was a little confused why she had waited this long to make an appearance. "What are you doing here?" When Azazel opened her mouth, I thought I would have gotten an explain but at first, she pointed out Doflamingo's behavior. "Seems like your partner is distressed (Y/n)" Taking another look at Doflamingo I noticed he was still acting strange however ignored it. "Yeah, he's been like that for months"

"I am aware but after careful consideration and planning, I have found a way to repay the humans for decades of service. Please accept this fruit as my thanks... Asmo give him the fruit" When a small fruit was held on towards me, I hesitated since it appeared to be mutated. Azazel must have seen my distress about the situation since she gently placed it within my palm before stepping back. "Here you go little Doffy have fun with it. Can we leave now Az?" I didn't miss the way Asmodeus' hand patted Doflamingo's head but covered my laugh with my hand so he wouldn't get upset. "Be patient Asmo. We are in no rush"

"What do this fruit do exactly Azazel?" There must have been a reason it was given although I still was concerned with its appearance. "Well, I couldn't give you back what was lost directly this unique fruit will gain the user the power of the demon within it. I have named them Devil Fruits" Now, I was fine with not having power but this would be beneficial to Doflamingo. "Are there any side effects?"

"All things come at a cost and these are no different. You will not be able to swim however you never were able to do such a thing when we were together. It's up to you to consume the fruit" I really wouldn't lose anything although I would still take some time to think this through. "Thank you, Azazel. Would you care to stay for lunch?" I didn't know if she required but from what I was aware her body wasn't the same as mine. Azazel parted from mine and created something of her own to use as she saw fit. "Unfortunately, I have business with the Trafalgar household. Perhaps another time"

"How many fruits did you create?" It couldn't have just been the two that were presented to us. "Every demon has created a Devil Fruit and has been delivering them to their preferred human. I have to deliver three fruits in place of the trio" I knew Law and Kidd had a demon but I wasn't aware of a third person within their house. "Three?" Azazel was quick to give me an explanation but it only further confused me. "Yes, Kidd, Law and their little girl"

"T-They have a kid?" I looked to Doflamingo who didn't appear shocked by the news so he might have already known. "It is not my place to say. Good luck (Y/n). Until we met again. Come along Asmo" Her partner was still bothering mine but when Azazel spoke up, he stopped. "Yes, darling" They had both gone and after a few seconds, I turned to check on Doflamingo but noticed the fruit within his lap was missing a piece. "Does it taste any good Doffy?"

"It tastes rotten... Are you going to eat yours (Y/n)?" That wasn't something I was prepared to do today. "I don't know. Maybe someday but right now I'm fine without it... Where did our little one manage to crawl off to?" She might have been young although that one was already starting to crawl and it led to me often losing track of her. "Baby 5 took her back inside" That was good but I'm surprised I missed seeing it happen. "Oh, I didn't even notice"

"Don't worry about it. Come on let's go back inside as well" Doflamingo's hand took mine and we started back towards the main house but I was taking my time. "It was good to see them again" The last time I saw Azazel was just before we parted however, I was thankful she still stopped by even if it had taken a while. "I could have done without seeing that bastard Asmodeus" Doflamingo didn't hold back his distaste but I found myself laughing before giving his hand a slight tug. "I love you Doffy"

"I love you as well darling. What do you want to do with the rest of the afternoon?" It had been a quiet day and honesty not much as was on my mind except maybe getting some rest. "Doesn't matter to me as long as we're together"

"Fufufu. Alright, I'll find us something to do then..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

End