Ch 10

Doflamingo's Pov

My legs started moving on their own as I ran out the door to see what had caused (Y/n) to scream like that. "(Y/n) are you alright!?" The others had followed behind me but what I saw made me freeze. "Shit... that's not good" As I stared over at (Y/n) I immediately recognized the markings on her face. They were the same ones that became visible on Rosinante when the man would get angry.

It didn't happen often but when it did, he would grow unstable and attack anyone who got near him. "What's the plan Doflamingo-ya? If she's anything like Cora-san then we're all in trouble" Law was right about that but I didn't want to upset the girl further by approaching her too fast. I still had the scaring from when Rosinante attacked me during one of his fits.

As strong as my brother was, he never could control the demon there lived under his skin. Even when he still lived at the manor with me the younger children were known to easily upset him and even during one occasion, he threw Law out of a window.

Thankfully he was fine but that was the day I decided he should move into the guesthouse where he wouldn't be bothered. I was a little surprised that (Y/n) had inherited his little problem but it made me wonder if this was the first incident or not. "Doflamingo-ya snap out of it! The sound barrier is only growing larger we need to calm her down"

"I got her... Just take cover though" As I approached (Y/n)'s purple dome I took in the man lying a few feet away from her but when I noticed the knife, I realized she must have acted in self-defense. Though from what I could tell he wasn't breathing anymore and a large amount of blood had surrounded his corpse.

Rosinante never remembered what happened when he was in this state so I hoped (Y/n) wouldn't realize she had ended a man's life. I knew it would break her inside since she was too pure for any blood to stain her hands. "It's all about the frequency, I just need to sing and her dome should slowly disappear" 'Cough' 'Cough' Preparing my voice I began humming out a tune before I let the word start flowing from my lips. It was a sad one but hopefully, it would reach (Y/n).

'I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

'Cause your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone'

During my time away music was the only thing that gave me comfort. This song was one of my favorites since I could always listen to it and picture my little brother's face in my mind. He may have died years away but the memories we shared together were still fresh in my head.

'These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase'

(Y/n)'s dome rippled as my voice penetrated the surface and created waves of sound around her body. I knew the demon loved soft melodies and this was the exact thing I did to calm Rosinante down during his fits.

'When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me'

Growing up it was always me and my little brother but after what happened we were separated for years. By the time I found him again he had changed so much but, in the end, he was still the same little kid who always tripped over his own feet and would cry about it. If only I had protected him more than maybe he...