Ch 27

Azazel's Pov

"Lady Azazel some demons are here and they wish to speak with you. Do you have the time?" I had been trying to enjoy my novel but unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side today. "It depends what do they want?" My right-hand Corazon had joined me early in this life and much to my pleasure Death hadn't shown his ugly face yet so it was perfect since she always kept everything running smoothly. "They only said it was important" Hmm, it was a shame Asmo wasn't here at the moment to deal with these demons however I could handle this. "Where did my husband go? He's usually the one to deal with annoying people"

"The King has yet to return but he shouldn't be too much longer my Lady" I was silently hoping that he would return part way through this meeting though knowing him he wouldn't return before dark. "Send them in and you're free to prepare my lunch now Corazon" She didn't like to leave me unattended but right now I was hungry and needed to be fed. "Are you comfortable being alone with them? I know what happened in London. My apologies Azazel I didn't mean to bring up past memories!"

"What's in the past has been forgotten Corazon and yes I shall handle myself during this meeting. Please go prepare my lunch" She worried far too much but that was in her nature and wasn't going to change anytime soon. "Right away my Lady!" As I stared at Corazon's retreating form, I felt such warm fill my chest but that was just an effect she had on all that crossed her path. "She's truly one of a kind"

"Indeed, she is" Turning my focus to the left I was met with the eyes that only belonged to one demon but I couldn't help and curse within my mind about his sudden appearance. "Good afternoon Death. I thought I smelled something foul. What brings you here and why doesn't Corazon know you're here?" Corazon knew everything about him however she would have told me if she knew he had arrived in town or not. "I'm currently looking for Ki-ya. Why do you have Cora-san making you lunch Azazel-ya?"

It was concerning that Death was still obsessed with the little demon Killian but not even I knew where that one was hiding. Maybe that was a good thing although this demon always managed to find his prize no matter the cost and his methods were never pleasant. "Is there something wrong with that Death?" Asmo never should have left me alone this morning since without him here there was a high chance that I would murder Death within the first few minutes of being around him. "We are both aware of the fact Cora-san cannot cook but yet you still eat everything she prepares"

Corazon's cooking might not have been the best in the world but it was personal business as to why I consumed it. "Was that all you wished to discuss with me? If so, I'm afraid you'll need to leave I'm conducting a meeting at the current moment" My guests still weren't present but Death was not to be here when they did arrive. "I am only here to give you a warning about those demons you're meeting with"

"A warning?"

"Do not trust them Azazel-ya they are not who they appear to be. Excuse me but I must be off before Cora-san returns" I wasn't an unintelligent soul and everyone knew never to trust a demon unless you knew them well although even Asmo could become untrustful at times. "Wait Death what do... you mean?" As I scanned the room for any traces of the man, I found none but when the doors opened, I noticed Corazon was back with my lunch. "Lady Azazel here is your lunch and your guests are waiting in the meeting hall for you"

"Thank you, Corazon, but I'm afraid I have concerning news to share with you" If Death wanted to behave like a mere child, then I would have no choice other than sending his mother after him. "Concerning news?" Since I was in Corazon's good graces, I knew my life would be spared from Death but maybe if the demon could be nicer then this wouldn't have happened in the first place. "Yes, Death was just here and he said he's looking for Killian. Would you please ensure that he does not become a problem?"