Ch 17

(Y/n)'s Pov

As I stared at the man a few feet behind us I recognized it as Law but something didn't seem right about him. "Ki, who is that and why is he so angry?" When Ki began to pull at my hand, I turned back to face the man beside me. "We need to run away (Y/n)-san I really don't like him. He's scary and mean"

"Get your hands off of him!" I'm not sure how I missed it before but now that I got a good look at him, I could see that Law held a single scalpel within his grip and he also was covered in blood. "You can't have him! Fuck you Law! Run Ki and don't stop unless I say so!" As I dragged the man behind me, I could see a blue dome had appeared around us but I didn't know what its purpose was.

Before I knew Law had spoken a single word that caused me to appear on the ground below him. "Shambles... (Y/n)-ya, right? I hope you know that brat is mine and I don't like to share him with anyone" When the Doctor pressed his bloody scalpel against my neck, I started to think that this was it for me but then I remembered something important.

"I-If your Law's inner demon then you must have cared about Cora-san as much as he did! His heart beats within my chest now and if you kill me then you'll only lose the last remaining piece of him that you have left!" His knee was still digging into my ribcage but thankfully he removed the scalpel from my neck. "Hm, I was not aware of that little fact. Call me Death though if you'll excuse me, I have a brat to deal with... Ki-ya don't you dare run away from me!"

'Aren't you going to save the little brat (Y/n)? He's even crying, poor little guy. We could use a powerful ally like Ki in the future so it's best not to abandon him' As Mellow's voice filled my head I started to sit up before my eyes locked on the pair. "Stay away from me! (Y/n)-san do something!"

"Oi Death! Leave him alone or els-" When someone's hand connected with my shoulder I paused though as I looked up, I could see Doflamingo had decided to join the party. "Fufufu. I thought I told you to stay in the car (Y/n) but good work on finding Law"

Since Law was currently behaving like an insane person, I deemed it best to ask the man if he had met Law's other personality yet. "Doffy have you met Death yet?" As Doflamingo pulled me behind his back I got a reply though the man didn't sound happy. "I've met him once but I blacked out so I don't remember what happened. Though the brat was missing an arm when I woke up the next day if that's any indication of what took place between us... I'll handle things from here you can leave now (Y/n)"

Did this man really think I was just going to abandon him after what he just told me? "I'm not going anywhere Doffy. We'll do this together just use me as a human shield since he won't hurt me" That had to have been the oddest thing to ever come out of my mouth but oh well. "A-Are you crazy (Y/n)? That's too much of a risk. If you wish to stay here that's fine but please stand over there where you'll be safe"

"No, I'm going to rescue Ki from the mad man then I'll leave" I knew Doflamingo didn't like that idea one bit since he started to growl at me but he'd just need to worry about someone other than me right now. "(Y/n) you're walking a thin line right now and I'd appreciate it if you stayed off to the side before I have to tie you to that pole over there" Did he really just suggest something that like? "How about this Doffy you just sit down and let your girlfriend handle things from here, alright? You're still injured after all plus I already told you not to overexert yourself"

"He's my little brother (Y/n) so I'm afraid I can't let you fight him"

"Well, Ki is my friend and that trumps the brother card... Ah, Doffy where did they go?" Apparently, Death must have decided he didn't need to stick around any longer since neither he nor Ki was where they were standing previously. "They probably left while you were arguing with me (Y/n)... Go back to the car I'll handle locating them" Did this man really need to treat me like a fragile doll? I was growing sick of his constant orders today but I'll let him off the hook only because I love him.

Though I wasn't about to go back to the car until I finished my business with Death. "Doflamingo I'm going with you so suck it up or else I won't be speaking to you for at least a week. Let's go this way since it's the only route the makes logical sense unless he used his powers to teleport away" When Doflamingo grabbed my hand I looked back to glare at him but refrained from doing so since he was holding his phone out to me. "The Kiddo has his phone on him~ We'll just follow the signal and it should lead us right to them. Come along my little (Y/n) unless you think my idea is stupid"

"I'm not little Doffy you're just taller than I am. Why exactly do you have a tracker on Kidd's cell phone in the first place?" I knew Doflamingo wasn't that fond of Kidd but it was a little strange that the man decided he would track his cell phone and I was willing to bet it was probably done without the younger male's permission.

"My family is precious to me (Y/n) so I felt it was the necessary thing to ensure that Kidd didn't have skeletons in his closet that could harm Law in the long run. Though I've only used this app once since they left town shortly after... Well, let's not dwell on the past. The signals coming from that direction and it's only moving within a set limitation. So, that means they're most likely in a nearby building and little Ki is running around in circles. Fufufu. Let's go (Y/n)"

~~~~~~~~~

Death's Pov

"Ki-ya, I know you're scared of me but I'm only trying to be your friend. Please stop running away from me" I didn't understand how Ki could like Law so much and completely despised when I did nothing but nice things for him. Sure, I had raised my voice at him a time or two though I had good reason to do so.

"Go away! I don't want to be friends with someone like you!" As I watched the brat start to climb the stack of boxes left abandoned in the warehouse, I started to fear for his safety so moved closer to where he was to monitor him. "Ki-ya please be careful up there I don't want you to get hurt. I'll go stand on the other side of the warehouse but you need to come down first"

"I'm not coming down until L-Law-san... Fuck... How did I get all the way up her- Law, there you are I've been worried sick about you! Why didn't you call me last night?" Oh, great the moron decided to ruin my fun. "You really pick the worse times to show up don't you Kidd-ya? I supposed it can't be helped though come along I'll drive us back home" Bringing any harm to Kidd would only result in the damaging of Ki so I needed to play nice with him until I got... to...

Kidd's Pov

"Are you alright Law?" I didn't realize it before but when the man's eyes changed color, I knew his other personality had been in control of his body. He was probably the reason Law never came home last night as well. "Hm, Kidd-ya?... Did it happen again? I didn't mean to hurt anybody but you know I can't control it. Are you okay?" Of course, he was worried about me but thankfully Death never could hurt me though that didn't make Law worry any less. "Let's go home Law. Where's your car?"

"I don't know" After I reassured him that everything was going to be alright, I took his hand before we exited the building together. "Ahhhhhh!" Before either of us knew it a blur had run towards us resulting in Law getting knocked to the ground. "Death you won't bring any harm to my fri-ahh! Put me down Ki I'm trying to protect you from the psychopath" Did (Y/n) really think she could protect me from Death and live to tell about it? "He's fine (Y/n) and I'm Kidd, not Ki. Geez Doflamingo you really should get your girlfriend a leash so she doesn't attack people that could easily end her existence"

"Oh, I'm so sorry Law!" As Doflamingo's hand gripped my wrist I was forced to drop his brat before I went to help Law back to his feet. "Have either of you seen Law's car around here?" I really wanted to get home so I could finally get some rest but since we took Doflamingo's car my was still over at his house though I'd probably just have Killer retrieve it later. "Ya, it's over by the docks. Though you might want to have a cleaning crew deep clean it for you first. It's not a pretty sight. Fufufu. Your more than welcome to ride with us though"

"That's fine with me. Come on Kidd-ya I really want to go home and change"

~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...