Ch 29

Azazel's Pov

It had been at least two lifetimes since the ship sinking and yet that night was still fresh in my mind. Not only had those brutes taken my life but they also started a war that I was determined to end before this life was complete. "Lady Azazel is everything alright?" I must have let my mind wander since I hadn't noticed when my righthand Corazon entered the room but that was fine as I needed to be brought back to reality anyway. "Good afternoon Corazon. Asmo has been gone for several hours and I don't recall him giving me an explanation as to where he went"

"I believe he went to search for those demons. They've been spotted in town" That was news to me although lately, I've noticed certain events were being withheld from me. Maybe it was all Asmo's doing however it was growing annoying. "Have they? I was not aware" Corazon was shifting on her feet, a little habit she had taken up over the decades. "Yes, I'm sorry I didn't inform you sooner but Master Asmodeus had said he had already told you"

"That man has a nasty habit of telling lies. I wish to leave the house, will you accompany me, Corazon?" Being angry with the demon would do me no good but if he wanted to leave me alone for hours at a time then I would do the same. "No disrespect but is it wise to leave without informing the Master?" Asmo would most likely be upset about the discussion although my strength could offer protection just fine. "That is a problem he will need to handle himself. You may leave a note"

"Of course, Lady Azazel" It was anyone's guess as to where I would end up on this walk but Asmo always knew where I was no matter how far we drifted apart. Maybe it was due to our connection although it was the one thing that convinced me that we were soulmates meant to spend our lives together, only parting when it was the time to start a new one. "I commend you, Corazon" She looked surprised by the sudden compliment though brushed it off while replying. "Why?" I was enjoying my time with Asmo but these next few decades were going to be long and drawn out if the people continued to speak as they did.

"This era is not one I wish to live through for another day. Have you heard the speech Asmo has insisted on using? It's an embarrassment" My King truly made it his purpose in life to annoy me to no end but since I cared deeply for him, I ignored a lot of the habits he had collected over the years. "For you maybe but I believe it's nice. My Lady, why do you hardly ever... what's the praise... get with the times?"

"It's easier to stay the same. Shall we Corazon?" I wanted to leave as soon as possible but of course; the lather needed to make sure her task was complete first. "Yes, just allow me a moment to put this note where the Master can see it" This was the first life where Corazon was referring to Asmo as a master though she was free to do so. "Even if you put that note in plain sight, I'm sure he will somehow miss it. We both know Asmo is blind as a bat" The comment was unnecessary but I couldn't help it. "Ah, but if that is the case then how can he always see you?"

"Because she's my old lady and one I've spent over a thousand years trying to figure out. Where might you be going Az?" The moment his voice filled my ears the anger was already bubbling to the surface but it only became worse as he pulled at my coat. "Stop referring to me as old and leave my coat be" I had tried to put some distance between our two bodies though Asmo only seemed to follow behind me. "It's just a praise Az there is no reason is get upset. As for this coat, you will not need it"

"Where have you been all day Asmodeus? I do not appreciate being abandoned by the one person who claims to love me" When his smile faded, I realized that may have crossed the line but as Corazon spoke up it only turned into a frown. "Master Asmodeus it's best not to lie to the Queen she already knows of your deceit" I didn't want Asmodeus to take his anger out on the girl but standing against him never ended well due to his childish behavior. "You told her?"