Ch 30

A/n: Chapter's short but ending the flashback and re-reading to remember what I was doing with this book

Azazel's Pov

"Try not to worry about Wendy she'll be just fine" I didn't want Asmo to be concerned about her but I knew she was important to him. "We're fated to die Azazel and it always occurs far too soon. I wish we never had her. We'll miss the chance to see her grow" I could understand why he had said that but we couldn't rewrite the past no matter how hard we tried. "Have some faith, darling" We were stronger together and I had enough faith for the both of us. "Faith is for the weak"

"I know but the humans had plenty and life works out for them" We weren't like them but perhaps we could share their values. "Stay focused on the task at hand Az. Now, we are close to the meet-up spot... I'm sorry" His tone had changed but before my body reacted a needle had found its way to my throat. "Asmo, what is the meaning of..." My vision had already begun to cloud and even though I tried to fight it, in the end, I would lose. "This is for the best Azazel I can not have you becoming injured. One of us must live for the sake of Wendy. Return her home and should the medication wear off keep her there"

"Understood Master"

~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime Later...

I was finally starting to regain my self although before I opened my eyes I listened to the others as they spoke around me. "Who will inform the Lady of this? I do not wish to break her heart. She comes across as strong but this will only shatter her" When I heard Corazon say that I decided it was worth opening my eyes to find out what the commotion was about. "Inform me of what? Someone fetch me a glass of water and find me Asmo so I may yell at him"

"Here my Lady. This should help but I, unfortunately, have bad news in regards to the Master" My head was in disarray however I could still notice the odd aura the others were giving off. "Has he not returned yet?" Asmo should have returned by this point but I came to the conclusion he might have been hiding from my wraith. "He's not coming back Lady Azazel" Corazon had spoken with trust but I was confused as Asmo should not have died so easily. "They ended his life?"

We should have remained together like how we planned. Now, his foolishness has once again led to his untimely death. "I can not say for certain but his life focus has vanished completely" That was not uncommon to happen although perhaps they could not locate his soul due to the way demon space would move around. "Yes, it normally does that until a host is found" When I looked at Corazon, I noticed the sadness within her eyes. "Azazel he'll never find another host... That experiment was successful but when the soul was pulled from the body both perished. I am sorry, my Lady"

"T-That is not possible. A demon can not be killed. We are to live on until the end of days"

"The rules have changed"

~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...