Ch 6

Four Years Ago...

Doflamingo's Pov

"Do you think she'll like the flowers I picked out Doffy?" I couldn't help but laugh at my little brothers' nervousness as I helped him with his tie. "Fufufu. I'm sure your date will love them Rosinante... Now don't stay out too late and text me when you're on your way home" He smiled at me as we made our way to the front door where Law was waiting with the man's flower arrangement.

"Cora-san here's your flowers. Promise you won't stay out too late and don't let this girl take advantage of you" The young doctor had taken the night off just so he could make sure Rosinante made it home safely. Those two were so close and were hardly seen apart, Law had become our little brother many years ago after we found him wandering the streets like a lost puppy just wanting a home.

"Hm... Understood, I'll be home by midnight then the three of us can watch a movie together" As I ruffled my little brothers' hair, he tried to slap him as he yelled at me for messing with his hairstyle though it wasn't like I messed it up that much. "Have fun Rosinante, just don't do anything I would do. Fufufu. Come on Law~"

~~~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

Rosinante's Pov

"So, Jess I know we didn't really have a plan but how about we get something to eat? I know this great restaurant on the east side of town" Looking over at my date I could see she was texting away on her cell phone but when I spoke up her head turned towards me.

"I'm not that hungry but I know this great lookout spot just outside of the city limits, they call it Lover's Peak. Let's go there~" I hadn't heard of that place before but thankfully with Jess's help, we ended up there 20 minutes later. "It looks like we're the only couple here... Did you want to look at the view Jess? You can see the whole city from up here" When the girl didn't reply to me, I tried to face her but was stopped when a cold metal object was held to my throat, a knife. "J-Jess, wha-"

"Shut up and give me your wallet!" When I didn't give her my wallet right away, she held the knife closer to my throat as she whispered something into my ear that made my blood run cold. "I don't think you heard me the first time. Give me your wallet now before I slit that pretty neck of yours~ Though now that I think about it, your life is meaningless anyway~" Before I could do anything else the blade was dragged across my neck as the blood started to pour out as my hands tried to stop the bleeding. Would this be the night I died?

"Goodbye Rosinante~" I was growing weaker as my attacker pushed my body from the car before she took my wallet and drove away. My phone was still in my pocket so I carefully removed one of my hands from my fatal wound and reached down to retrieve it. I was losing a lot of blood but I managed to unlock my phone and dial Doflamingo's numbers as it started to snow. "Rosinante how's your dating going?... Rosinante?... Little brother, are you alright?"

"H-Help m-m-me..." With the injury to my throat, I could only get out a small cry for help as black spots started to cloud my vision. "Someone get me Rosinante's location, now! He needs help! It's alright little brother, hang in there I've got help on the way... please don't give up"

~~~~~~~~~

At the Hospital...

Doflamingo's Pov

"Young Master, the best doctors in the city are with him... he'll be alright... just have some hope" My family surrounded me but I knew things weren't looking good for my little brother. That much was clear when Law came to sit by me as his head rested against my shoulder. "Find me that whore who did this" I had a coffee cup in my hand but it was taken away from me before it could be crushed within my grip. "We have men searching the city as we speak, the person responsible wouldn't leave this city alive"