Ch 28

Azazel's Pov

Dancing was never my strong suit in any of my past lives however Asmo always seemed to be able to make up for that. His movements were full of grace and no one would ever match him, I was blessed we had each other until the end of days. Life just would not be the same without him by my side in such a sinful world, however, I knew this peace would not last much longer. He probably figured the same and yet here he was having the time of his life without a care in the world. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

Upon hearing Asmo's voice I removed my head from his shoulder to meet his emerald eyes although I since favored his crimson ones from the first life we shared. "This evening has simply been divine but have you noticed how quiet it has been?" If the demons were meant to cause a calamity on this ship, I would have imagined they would have done it by now but perhaps I was incorrect. "Yes, it's been peaceful. It's most likely only the calm before the storm I'm afraid. Do you have a plan my dearest?"

"Always" The piano player was adding just enough noise to the room so others would not overhear our conversation and yet I still did not want to risk my plan being heard by even one. "I'd love to hear it" Asmo would, unfortunately, need to wait until later in the night but I was sure that the time would come sooner than expected. "All in due time, my King" Our dance was ending so I began leading the man to a nearby chair where I could rest my sore ankles. "I despise when you make me wait"

"You've been waiting on me for a lifetime and I do not believe you were bothered by that" My comments had caused him to pause though sure enough within seconds he began to reply. "I'd wait forever for you Az. Shall we return to our quarters?" The night had just begun so I was confused as to why the man wished to return to our quarters so soon. "Why would we need to return to our quarters?"

"Life is coming to an end and I'd like to embrace your touch one last time. Would you do me the honor?" It had taken me a moment to figure out what Asmo had been referring to and yet once I did, I could only nod my head as I rose from the chair to take his hand. "As you wish Asmo"

~~~~~~~~~~

An Hour Later...

"That was lovely as ever Az. I love you so much" His lips were pressed against mine but I did not attempt to return to gesture as my eyes remained fixed to the ceiling. Asmo must not have care since he stayed quiet as our lips parted. "Your feelings are exactly exchanged Asmo. Shall we locate the others? I'd like to go over a few details with them" It was not my intention to come across as cold but with our lives coming to a close, we could not take too much time for ourselves. Maybe in the next, there would be more time though right now that was not the case. "If that is what you desire. Would you appreciate some help with your garments?"

"Yes, it would be appreciated. Asmo do you believe that fate is punishing us?" I had not shared this thought with him before but as I looked back, I noticed some confusion in his eyes. He probably didn't see why I had said that so suddenly though in my last hours of life I wanted to be honest with him. "Why would you say such a laughable thing Az?" I was a guarded person however I could not help but allow my walls to drop as my true feelings made themselves known. "Just when life begins a new it's always taken away. I wanted to grow old with you and die a natural death but that's never happened, not even once"

"I see. Maybe in the next life Az" No one could foretell the future and Asmo was just giving me fault hope by suggesting it could happen. "You always say that Asmo but where is the proof? I do not want life to be all about dying! Why am I being punished for simply existing!? I did not ask for this life!" My voice should not have gotten as high as it did but in my emotional state, it could not be helped. "Shhhh~ The next life will be better because we'll always be together. We're destined to be together; fate will never keep us apart. I might not know when our lives will be taken Azazel but being together is something I can and will always promise you"