Chapter 23: The diamond in rough (Part 1)

She remembers the day she met him, when she was still in her primary school.

Introducing himself in front of the class, he enrols late due to some mistakes make by the administration. He has a childish yet cute looking face, and a rare white hair. But other than that, he is quite normal when compare to others.

What catches her attention, is his eyes when he looks towards her. A pair of eyes full of surprised and...familiarity? She isn't quite sure what he is thinking in his mind at that time.

Maybe its because of my blue hair? Looking at her own hair, she makes some guesses of the boy glances towards her.

Finishing his introduction, the teacher assigns a seat to him, which is far away from her. And without any complains, the boy silently takes his seat

And with that, the boy begins to assimilate into the class culture, social circle and rules, just like any normal pupils.

But after weeks of being together...she can feel it, the unnatural feeling that he gives off, and so does the other people.

They may still be young, but they are sensitive. Especially when realising someone is different from them.

The fake smile he put on, the obvious lack of interest in any topic they are talking about, and the feeling he gives off, the "Why are you all so childish" look. No one like him, no one.

Slowly, people begin to distance themselves from him, and him realising the situation he is in, decided to completely ignore everyone else, focusing only doing his own things, being secluded in the class.

And just like any other people, she follows the trend. Although feeling sorry for the newcomers, but she still prefers to hang out with the majority of her classmates, having fun and playing with them.

Let the others stand up for him, I will just be a spectator.

And with that, the boy endures the treatment from the class, isolated, and only voices out when it is necessary.

She had heard the teacher calling his parents, concern about the boy social life in school, but it seems like the boy's parents are always unresponsive, unwilling to deal with this situation.

But he does looks like he is fine though, not gonna lie. Looking at the boy eating his lunch silently, she thinks in her mind.

He doesn't have the look of a bully's victim, instead, it's more like that he enjoys the isolation he has. With a comfy look on his face, dosing off in class every time. Although his grade is still good in the class for some reason.

But I'm never going to associate myself with him, not with a good reason. She though while having a conversation with a group of girls, who is considers to be popular among class.

I enjoy the life I have until now.

"Suisei! Go form a team with Haruto alright?" A deep female voice enters her ears, which is the familiar voice of her class teacher. And minutes later, she ended up on the same table with him.

Looking at the suddenly energetic boy in front of her, she feels a bit awkward and uncomfortable.

They are learning about cooking right now, and Haruto as usual don't have any partner, which ultimately ended up having the teacher assigning someone, which is her.

Argh, I will just try to act normal.

"Alright since we're teaming up, I want to know, do you have any experience in cooking?" Taking the lead, Suisei wants to make sure her partner ability.

She didn't expect much from him, but at the very least, she expects him to be able to fry an egg.

"Yah, I can cook." Haruto reply. "I had cooks quite a few meals for my family before."