Chapter 5: Shirakami Fubuki is still sleeping

Motoaki Tanigo, aka Yagoo , have a dream.

One day, he wants to run a virtual idol group just like akb48.

Thus, he needs to cherish this chances to make sure the only idol under him, Tokino Sora will through this opportunity gain enough popularity to win the company support

Right now, the company he is working for is a traditional type of idol agency, with a popular idol group holding the whole company finance together. While some small individual idol struggle to survive in it.

Recently, under the suggestion of Yagoo, they started to fix their eyes on a new field.

Virtual Idol

By giving example such as Hatsuna Miku and Kitsuna Ai, the company investor agrees for Yagoo to try out this concept. And through a small size interview, a certain girl catches his eyes.

Tokino Sora, a kind girl, but full of energy, talented in singing, and can light out the darkest corner in this world through her smile.

With that, they launch their first 2D debut, under the name of Osaki Ruma. And thus started Sora journey of being a Vtuber.

However, it wasn't going well.

The concept of virtual idol hasn't been widely accepted yet by the media and the world.

The times and year mean that technology wasn't as advanced as his previous world. Lack of dedicated software and hardware mean that Yagoo have to start from scratch, and money is needed to develop better and functional software that could better capture the motion of a person.

With the current technology and lack of funding, crashes keep on happening during streaming, the 2D model look bad, and sometimes glitches happen, resulting in the whole stream needing a restart.

With this, many people slowly lose interest in the whole Vtuber genre, and now only a small batch of loyal viewer express their support towards them.

The company investor isn't happy with this.

And when Sora notified Yagoo of HT invitation, he knows this could be the changing point.

This could be the key to earn back the investor confidence in the current project.

Fetching Sora to the studio, Yagoo mind is full of the possibility that come after Sora collaboration with HT.

This collaboration means that from now on Vtuber isn't a culture who is exempted from the music industry. With enough attention and some publicity, he could let the world see the charm of Vtuber, and maybe even earn more funding to fix the technical issue they are facing right now.

Yagoo is a smart man.

However, right now he needs to deal with HT, who is looking at him and Sora with a weird face.