A new beginning

"Hey Fubuki-san, have you ever heard of Hololive before? The one where they have people becoming anime girls to do live streaming or other content?"

The girls with glasses asking with an enthusiastic tone, iris filled with hope that her peers had too discover the interest that she has come upon recently.

"E-eh, what's that? I never heard of it before." Slightly stuttered by her friend's question, the girl with white hair answers with a nervous tone. This unusuality however hasn't been discovered by her friends who are still in a heat of passion.

"You should check it out! Oh god, you don't know how cute and adorable all of them are! I stumble upon them when I'm looking through youtube, and there is a clip where this fox girl is singing some anime song. AHHH! SHE IS SO CUTE!" Eventually falling into complete fangirling, the white hair girl can only react with some awkward laughing, praying that her deep secret won't be discovered by this friend of hers.

"You won't understand the feeling I have unless you really check it! They were so interesting and fun to watch, I sometimes sink over hours just to watch a few streams which is just hella fun and do you know? That they also do gaming while doing..."

"Hehe..." While she is happy at heart, she doesn't really want to know how her friend sees her online. Pretending to be listening, her thought goes another way.

'What should I cook today...Burger? We just had it yesterday though...Maybe some curry chicken rice, we still had some leftover chicken from yesterday after all." Turning her head from her friend to the window beside her, the girl stares into the skies and empty out of her mind while her friend is still in a complete frenzy, though wandering into the great unknown.

"Haih...Onechan..." However, it all ended in a heavy sigh eventually, the realization that she can't help him much in this aspect.

"Fubuki! Are you going home early? Wanna catch some bite with us in the cafe nearby? I heard they released a new dessert today, wanna try it out?" As the school bell rang throughout the classrooms, the girl with glasses from before invited the girl for lunch. "Come on! You haven't hung out with us for a while already."

"Sorry...But I really need to go back home early." Shaking her head, the girl however again rejected her offer, gathering her stuff and leaving straight for home. "I have something important to do at home."

"Da da da..." The girl's footsteps echo through the hallway, with laughter and chatting voices appearing from all the students that are discussing their schedule for after school or just having fun in general. Looking left and right, the girl eventually finds the person she is looking for.

"Matsuri! Matsuri!" Waving her hand, the girl manages to gain the attention of a brown hair girl in the school uniform. That girl waved back indicating that she heard it, before approaching back.

"Fubuki, I need to handle some affair with the school, can you go back first?" With a sorry tone the brown hair girl replied, clearly wanting to go home too. "I will be back shortly, so sorry about that,"

"Don't worry, I will be waiting back home for you then." Shaking her head, the white girl greeted the other girl and headed to the gate of the school.

Her home is quite near, just 15 minutes of walking distance towards the school. And without anyone to talk to while going back, Fubuki takes up her old phone to check on some affairs.

Walking while checking her phone, the girl's eyebrows however raise from the new messages that appear.

"Haato's sister...?" Reading the messages again and again, Fubuki's mind tries to process everything that she just read. "...This will be interesting."

Suddenly, the girl stopped in front of a house without any warning. Searching through her pocket for something, she approaches the door with a shiny key.

"I'm home!" Shouting through the empty living room, the girl dropped her bag and belongings and shouted again. "Wait for a while, lunch will be done shortly!"

Ignoring the lack of reply, the girl puts on an apron that is hanging around and goes to work immediately. Ingredients are grabbed from the fridge, vegetables and meat cut into pieces, spices are put into use to give the food some extra taste. Within an hour, a delicious looking curry rice is ready to be eaten.

"I'm coming in." Knocking on the door, the white hair girl opens a door that leads into a dark room. Sighing a bit, she turns on the switches beside the door which flip on the light.

"Hmm...?...What time is it already?" Inside the room exists a bed, on it is a figure who is completely covered in his blanket. The light causes him discomfort and wakes him up from his slumber, telling him that a new day has already begun.

"It's evening already onechan. Here, curry chicken rice." Putting his lunch on the table, Fubuki is used to it already. "Matsuri will be coming home late, so don't do anything strange alright? I have a stream later."

"Yes yes... do whatever you want to do..." The men however pay no attention to her sister's word, rubbing his eyes and trying to clear up his mind. His hair messy from the many hours of sleep that he has done, covering the face of his that is quite above average in standard.

"Jeez...Didn't you promise Yagoo to go back? Stop sleeping for so long if you don't want to be late tomorrow." Fubuki seeing this can't resist her urge to complain about his state of living. "You won't be able to last a single day if you go to work like this."

"Sure sure, I will try I guess." Replying coldly, the man begins to leave his bed and head towards the desk for food. "Do your stuff, I will be fine on my own."

With that, the atmosphere in the room turns into complete silence, with Fubuki standing still in her apron looking towards the ground and the sound of the men eating his food.

"Sniff, sniff..." Eventually though, the sound of sniffling can be heard coming from the girl, with water droplet dropping on the ground softly,

"Onechan...When will you be able to accept her death?" Falling into tears, Fubuki's heart is again broken by the state of her onechan. "It's already been months...She won't want you to continue being like this."

Noticing the state of his sister, the spoon the man is holding stops for a bit, as if he is considering whether he should really cheer up and return to his normal self. Yet after a few seconds the spoon again continues to move, as if an indication of the thought inside of him.

Noticing what his onechan has done, Fubuki's cries turn even louder, eventually leaving there and escaping to the living room. Where she continues to release her emotion there.

Thus, the two hearts separate completely. One who wishes to reach out to the others, another one refusing any warmth and affection.

...

"Den den."

A notification sound appears on Fubuki's phone, though she of course didn't pay attention to the state that she is in.

It's a message, a simple one.

'I will be coming back from Australia next week, tell Haruto-san to prepare for me alright?'