Chapter 24: The diamond in rough (Part 2)

"BAM!" Smashing the table with her small hand, Suisei creates a loud sound over the entire classroom, which gains the attention of her classmates.

"Oih! Wake up weirdo!" Shouting at the boy who is sleeping on his table, Suisei is getting impatient. "It's already recess! You wanna waste your time sleeping at your table again?"

"I've been waiting for you this whole time! And here you're, sleeping comfortably on your desk!"

...

The boy is not giving any response, still lying on his table, irritating Suisei.

And this time with a larger force, she strikes her hand upon the boy's head.

"BAM!"

"OUCHH!!!" The boy sensing the pain coming from the impact, covers his head immediately, and moans with pain. "What the heck are you doing? I'm sleeping alright, can't you see!?"

After regaining his consciousness, Haruto looks at Suisei who still has an angry look on her face."Just let me sleep in peace! You can go enjoy your recess!"

"You forget what you said yesterday didn't you" The anger inside of Suisei is still boiling, frustrated because of Haruto's attitude. "We talked about this before, didn't we?"

"Talked about wha... oh, that."

"Opps, uhm, alright alright, then where're we going?" Realising he forgot about the promise he made yesterday, Haruto decides to dismiss Suisei's behaviour. On his face, is an awkward smile.

And with everyone watching curiously, Suisei holding Haruto's hand, drags him out from the class, with her face slightly blushing. People around are whispering to each other, wondering what's the deal between these two people.

Damn it, this guy, it's my first time holding a boy's hand, if it wasn't for the fire... Suisei sighs slightly, while Haruto is still confused about where they are going.

And minutes later, Haruto finds himself sitting on the rooftop ledge, besides him is Suisei who is puffing her face, still angry.

Occasionally giving a few moans, Haruto is still a bit sleepy, unable to memorize the details of what happened yesterday. Going through his memories, he searches...

"As thanks for saving me from the fire, let us have lunch together tomorrow during recess, I will make something nice for you to eat, alright?" A female voice goes through his ears. "Which you replied with a 'Sure', are you a goldfish or something? Forgetting about it so fast, jeez."

"I've been waiting for half an hour! HALF AN HOUR! Only to find you still sleeping in the class! Do you know how angry I'm!?" Complaining non-stop, Haruto decides to keep quiet and wait for the girl to end her ranting.

But...sleeping is comfy alright? It's not my fault for not waking up...

He himself was actually surprised too at the sleepiness he constantly felt, he doesn't remember needing this much sleep in his previous childhood. But in the end, he decided to just follow his body instinct.

Perhaps it's because of the amount of memories his little brain needs to store constantly, requiring more rest due to the intense activity.

And suddenly, a nice smell enters his nose, the smell of rice and cooked meat .Haruto turning his eyes towards the source, see Suisei open up the lids of one of the pink bento that she brought alone, inside is a typical Japanese cuisine, with white rice, sausages, sushi and a deep fried porkchop.

Finishing her complains, she finally decides to have their lunch.

"Appreciate it alright! I wake up early to make it myself..." Suisei hands the bento to Haruto, which he gladly takes. With that, the two eat together on the silence rooftop, with the slight wind blowing upon them.