Prologue (Edited)

Living in 2020, as a 24-year-old NEET who just graduated from Music School, Haruto try to survive in this world.

Born in a slightly upper-class family, Haruto have a loving family, and to him, a perfect one.

A responsible and reliable father, a loving and caring mother, and a mischievous but cute sister, he have everything he ever needed.

Unable to get hired for months, he ended up as a typical NEET, occasionally browsing through the internet. He eventually stumble upon Hololive and fall in the rabbit hole.

Giggling to himself while watching cute anime girl doing cute stuff, he declare to the world that the rabbit hole here is quite nice and warmth.

However it all ended that day.....

In a dark night, where the sky is covered with bright stars, dear Haruto is sleeping quietly in his comfy bed. Dreaming about anime, manga and Vtuber.

But a certain smell of burning wood wake him up.

Rising up and rubbing his eyes, he slowly walk to his room door while moaning. Half awake, he proceed to check up the source.

His parents have left the house for a business trip since last weeks ago, and now only him and his little sister are living here. Thinking back in the future, this might be for the best.

Opening the door, a wave of hot air blow onto his face, immediately waking him up. Looking at the source of heat, is a fire that is burning brightly at the kitchen.

Cursing out loud, he sprint to the upper floor where his sister room is located. The fire is spreading wildly, and he know that he don't have time to waste.

Kicking open the locked door, he finds her sister still sleeping in her bed peacefully in her pajamas, unknown of the fire outside.

With that, he wasted no time, and proceeded to use the most effective way of waking someone up.

As hard as he could, he slaps her in the face.

With the sound of something being slap, and the furious and sleepy voice of a female scolding someone, Haruto then carry her sister in his arm, and run towards the front door

Going down stairs, slowed by her sister weight, he realized the fire has consume a large part of the house, with sound of cracking appearing, signaling the danger ahead.

"Onechan, am I dreaming," While adrenaline is pumping in Haruto's blood, her sister make an untimely question to him.

Ignoring her question, he dashes to the door, running across the living room, where the sound of cracking get louder and louder. Until the inevitable happen.

With a large sound of wood being break, the entire ceiling come crumbling down unto the siblings.

"Argghhhhh!!! DAMN IT!"

Part of the ceiling burning wood hit his back, smashing him and burning his back. In matter of seconds, Haruto strength is lost due to the pain.

But looking at his sister terrified face, he makes a last ditch effort to throw her out to one of the close window beside him.

Its better to be hurt by broken glass then to die.

With that, a large sound of glass being broke is hear, while a small figure is throw outside the house.

And with that, Haruto submit to the pain and fell onto the ground

While he is trying to muster his strength to stand up, another piece of large wooden piece fall unto his lying body.

"BAM!", moaning with pain, Haruto couldn't stand up anymore. The wood has render his lower part immobile.

He couldn't feel his leg anymore, with a smell of burning meat coming out behind him, he know its too late.

As the fire got bigger and bigger, Haruto visions is slowly covered by black smoke, while he continue to lose his consciousness due to the lack of oxygen.

"Perhaps this is for the better" Haruto think to himself, since it means that he also didn't need to suffer from the pain of being burn alive before his last hour.

He most probably will die from the lack of oxygen as the fire keep burning, a painless death.

Looking out the window, he could barely see her sister who is being grab by their neighbors,they are stopping her from climbing into the house from the window.

Barely seeing her weeping and terrified face in the mist of black smoke, and hearing her screaming his name desperately. Haruto wonders what she is thinking right now.

Perhaps she hopes that he could just stands up, and tell her that everything is just a prank. Just like what he always do.

But this time its real, my dear sister

Laughing to himself, Haruto is glad that he managed to protect her, his treasure.

Hope that you won't cry too much, my baka sister.

Succumbing to the darkness under a female terrified scream, Haruto falls silent.

.

.

.