Chapter 6

A month and two weeks have passed.
I fixed Garret , he's now working smoothly.
The science project designing is done now after lots of crumpled paper later. All that is left to do is bringing it to life. I've already listed and sketched the parts that is needed , I still need to buy it though. No one knows what I'm gonna do yet, it's a relief that it's gonna be held on March , that way I will only have 3 months until I leave and save me from all the talk in school about me ,that I'm sure is gonna happen , or maybe i will leave after the science fair. What is the point on staying much longer when , if, IF I win , I will be exempted from all the projects and test. Though I am not exempted from the final examinations, it doesn't matter, cause projects and tests have a much higher percentage in grading.
Why do I even need to worry about grades? When in truth Im already ahead of everybody in my class. I Excell most subjects in school except for gym class.

A lot of students at school now know about me entering the science fair . Word got out because of Rachel , it's always her. Someone always ask me what I'm gonna do or make and after that they say I'm gonna loose cause I'm not intelligent or capable of doing such thing that requires skill and being vocal . Some even suggested that I make something stupid and expected me to do something stupid. A few weeks later it died down and I can finally walk in the hallways without someone making fun of me.

I have seen Morgan and Tyler sometimes . She smiles at me and I just look at her and nod sometimes. I didn't mean to be mean for not smiling back but I'm still not comfortable around her because I don't know her and she doesn't know me. I don't even know why she smiles at me. No one even acknowledges me, some do when they want to bully me or when rumors are being spread about me by Rachel but that's all it. No one showed an ounce of kindness to me in this school. No one offered to be my friend but im okay with it. I guess its just Garret and me against the world.

Smiling is a thing that I haven't done in a very long time . Sometimes I forget that it's an expression that people use to express happiness , affection, pleasure, approval and many more. I do get happy sometimes when I discover or invent something and turns out successful but I don't show it. It's like I'm a robot ,void of any emotions.

I haven't talked to Morgan , Brian, or Tyler . We have some classes together but I always sit at the back and put my bag on the chair beside me like always so that nobody can sit next to me. Morgan do tries to make a friendly conversation but I always make it a short one or answer vaguely. I feel bad but I don't let it show . Like always. I think it's good that I keep my distance from her . I'm simply doing her a favor to not be humiliated because she became friends with the weirdo.

She probably knows that I don't like talking . I mean who doesn't know that? I'm the person in school who doesn't have friends and is always quiet . Everyone in school knows that .

Brian still gives me weird glances but I ignore most of them . There was actually one time when I was walking down the hallways that I saw Brian heading the opposite direction of me . Our eyes connected and I got the same feeling I felt the first time we made eye contact . My heart began beating faster but my face stayed emotionless . I was the one who broke contact and casually kept walking like nothing happened. Cause nothing did happen, we just stared at each other .

Even though I know a lot of things, I still don't know why I kept reacting that way Everytime I made eye contact with Brian. I can explain why it rains without missing any information or name but what I can't do is explain why Everytime I see him it's like the world stops and it's just me and him , my heart begins it's fast pace like I've been running , those eyes that seem to see right through me .

I do have a guess of why I react like that : Maybe I feel scared or intimidated, that explains why my heart was beating fast ...but why would I be scared of him ? Another guess is maybe because everytime he stares at me , I feel like he can unlock all my secrets , it's like he can break through this mask that I built for so many years so that no person could break through it , it's for people like him.

I need to control this feeling though , like all other emotions that I feel.

For now , Brian's a mystery that I can't seem to solve .