Chapter 14

WARNING
  This chapter contains sensitive content, if you aren't comfortable with that, please skip this chapter. If you do get to skip this chapter I'll explain all that happened in the next chapter but of course not including the sensitive parts.
____________________________________

It was almost 6, class ended 2 hours ago. The hallways were deserted as I made my way out of the detention room.

Yes, detention. I had another confrontation with Rachel this morning that caused the glass of a cabinet in the hallways to shatter.

I went to the back entrance where my bike was parked when I was suddenly shoved at a wall then punched on the stomach, it should hurt however it didn't , it never does .

I looked up to see who it was, of course it was Rachel. She had a hoodie on and beside her was one of her close friend.

The back of the school was empty . There was only one vehicle left on the parking lot. We were in a secluded place , so there's only a very very slight chance of whoever's left in this building to see us.

Rachel had a tight grip on me. Her eyes full of hatred and vengeance. I just stood there placidly.

"I got you now." She smiled wickedly and pointed a pocket knife at me. Her friend helped in restraining me. I don't think I can  get out of their grip right now because she has a knife and I know she will not hesitate to cut me or worse , stab me if I try to fight back. But why would getting cut worry me when I can't even feel pain.

It's something that I realized when I was 14. In my younger years it did not matter to me that whenever I get a wound , I cannot feel any pain , thinking that I just have high pain tolerance but as I grew older I became more concious of it. I got to test that when I was in freshman year of highschool , 9th grade.

Flashback

I was halfway through freshman year when one day I was walking towards the library when Rachel and her friends grabbed me and with a knife , cut me on my stomach . They ran away leaving me there alone , my wound was bleeding , but I can't feel anything. So I walked back at the orphanage making sure that no one can see my wound . I held no expression whatsoever on my face.
I went to my room grabbed the pocket knife on my desk that I use to cut wires and locked myself in my bathroom.
I looked at myself in the mirror . Icy blue eyes stared back at me. I gripped the edge of the sink taking deep breaths. I rolled up my sleeves , held the knife near my wrist and cut myself .

I did not wince in pain, I didn't feel anything at all.

"Feel something..." I cut myself again, "anything" again and again . But to no avail. I was void of any emotion towards pain.

I dropped the knife on the sink and my hands went to my sides . I never looked away from the mirror while I was cutting myself. I was hoping to catch a reaction from myself, even if it is just a small reaction from being cut. That will mean I felt something but I didn't .

I have come to a conclusion that I cannot feel physical pain .
I don't know why... I don't know how ... All I know is I can't .

I continued staring at myself , lost in my own thoughts.

End of flashback

Rachel grabbed my left arm and raised the sleeves. I did not fight back , I just stood there watching as Rachel held up the knife and cut me on my wrist... Once

"That is for this morning"
"This is for Brian" Twice...
"And this is for your whole existence" Thrice .

We looked eye to eye.
"Let's get out of here" her friend worriedly said afraid that they will get caught.
She smirked "Freak" then left.
I adjusted my sleeves then went home.

____________________________________
Hey guys:)
I changed the the story description btw.

I'm back and I have garnered the motivation to update. I won't give up on this story any time soon... I think.

Nevertheless, hope everyone's doing okay.