Chapter 13

"And that's it, we'll meet up again next week on Tuesday in the same place at the parking lot?"

"Okay" me and Tyler both said.

"Where are your parents?"Morgan asked.

"They went to visit my grandparents they'll be back tomorrow" I wonder what Brian's parents look like.

I began collecting my stuff.

"Hey , I'll drive you back to your place " Brian said to me.

"It's fine , I can walk "

"No, it's dark and it's not safe for you to walk all by yourself " he said firmly . Even though I want to refuse , I thought against it , knowing from the tone and expression that he wasn't gonna change his mind.

"Bye Claire, see you tomorrow" Morgan said.

"You're not coming with us?" I asked .

"No , I live 3 houses from here" she pointed the direction.

"And Tyler lives across from Brian , there" I looked at the house across the road .

"Oh ...have a goodnight " I said , not liking the idea of me and Brian alone in his car even if it's only for a few minutes . I know he won't let me go if I refuse that I let him drive me back to the orphanage.

"Hey, you want me to come with you?"Morgan offered .

"Its fine , thank you"

"Oh okay , bye" she waved , Tyler nodded at me and waved goodbye as well. Both of them walking towards the direction of Morgans house hand in hand.

Brian opened the passenger door for me and I went in . He closes it and entered from the driver's door .

"So where do you live?"

I can't let him know that I live in an orphanage , he's gonna connect the dots and will know that I'm an orphan. I can't let that happen. I will have to direct him to a house near the orphanage and act as if that's my house so that he won't know anything.

"Just go straight , I'll say when we're almost there."

"Okay"

It was quiet for a moment.

"What happened to you?" He suddenly asked.

"What?"I was taken aback by his question. I looked at him. He glanced at me.

"What happened to you? I know that something happened to you that's why you are so closed off..." He glanced at me then back to the road.

"Yesterday when you played the piano , you showed your feelings , I saw it in your eyes. Now I know that there's more to the girl who shows no emotions."
He said now fully looking at me in the eyes , so I looked back . He didn't say it in a mean way but I didn't respond.

I looked away and he also looked away then i realized that were near the orphanage .

"This is my stop"I said .

He stopped in front of a house and I got out.

"Thanks for the ride"

He smiled "I wouldn't let you walk all by yourself"

I nodded . Please drive away and don't wait for me to go back to my fake house.

He waved goodbye and drove back to the direction we came.

I breathed a sigh of relief and began walking towards the direction of the orphanage. I passed two more houses and I arrived at the front door of the orphanage.

I went inside and went directly inside of my room . I already had dinner at Brian's house . He offered pizza.

I plopped down on my bed , trying to avoid the thoughts about what Brian said in the car.

And soon I finally dozed off to sleep.

______________________

Hey everyone ,
It's been a long time , but here it is .

I've actually written these 2 chapters a week ago but there was a problem with the internet connection.

I would also like to say something regarding the writing contest that I entered in ...  I actually won 1st place. It was a great feeling, I actually also thought that I wouldn't win cause I feel like my writing that time was really crappy because I was under pressure. But all the mental exhaustion all paid off I guess. And I got to prove other people and especially myself .

Thank you guys
Stay safe!
Until the next update...