Chapter 5

The next day, I went to school. I took my bike as usual. During lunch break I planned on going to the junk yard cause I have detention after classes so I couldn't go.
Morning rolled on and it was lunch break already. I pedaled my way toward the junkyard. It was a good 20 minute bike.
As I arrived Mr Mario, a man in his 50s nodded at me. I always go here for supplies so it's no surprise to him that I'm here again.
Mr. Mario has a house nearby, he has a wife, Sharon, I sometimes see her here at the junkyard.
I rode my bike while searching for the thing that I needed. The junkyard has 10ft barbed wired fences. Heaps of scrap materials everywhere and car parts and machines.
Things thrown away here are still useful. Every parts that I use in making upgrades are found here.
After finding the speaker and other scrap that I think I needed, I paid Mr Mario. Junkyard stuff is so cheap, he asked me once a long time ago why I want all of these stuff. I just said that I was making an art project.
I put all the things I bought in the basket of my bicycle and headed to the school.
As I arrived, I locked the basket. I put a lock so that it won't be stolen. I hurriedly went to my locker to get my things then fast walked to the room, just in time.
I seated my self at the back and the teacher came in and started the class.
After that class I went to the next class then detention which I almost forgot.
As I went to the detention room, there was another teacher at the desk. Thank God it was not the principal. I handed him the slip and found a seat. There were 4 of us, me and the 3 other students yesterday.
I felt eyes starting at the back of my head but I ignored it.
Minutes passed and the teacher stood up to leave not before eyeing us and locking the door.
He'll be gone for minutes.
"Hey" the girl from yesterday that I don't know the name of said.
"Hey" I replied, wondering why she's talking to me.
She got off her seat and took the seat in front of me.
"You're gonna get detention again if he sees you "the other boy said.
" Well he's not here , and he's coming back when 2 hours is up.i know that why , because I already had detention with him and he always comes back when 2 hours is up."
The boy just looked at Brian? The boy who stared at me yesterday.
Then they stood up and sat on the chairs that surrounded me.
"I'm Morgan, this is my boyfriend Tyler and this is Brian. We're on Mathematics and homeroom together"
I didn't notice them in all of my classes , well I don't really see eye to eye or look at my classmates, so that explains it.
The girl , Morgan, is blonde , she has a pretty face and Brown eyes.All in all she's gorgeous , she seems nice .
Tyler , has black hair,and hazel eyes . He has a good face .
Brian has black hair , Captivating gray eyes , handsome face , I had to admit . But he gives me weird vibes . I still can't pinpoint what it is.
He meets my eyes...those eyes , I felt the feeling again , like the first one we made eye contact , it's the exact feeling that I'm feeling right now. It's odd , I haven't felt like this before . I snap out of my thoughts about him and quickly averted my eyes away from his gaze.
"I'm Claire"
She smiled, then asked,"So what got you yesterday at detention. Was it Rachel and her goons , ugh I just hate her, we used to be friends with her you know back in freshman years, but she became one of the clique. Brian and her even used to date until we saw her cheating on him." She rambled on.
"Oh... yeah it was Rachel "
I don't really wanna talk right now. I didn't even get why they came here to talk to me.
"So we heard you talk to the principal yesterday , what will you be making for the science fair?"Tyler said .
"I've come up with something..."
"What is it?" Brian finally said something.
I looked right into his eyes and quickly diverted it.
"It's something" they must have figured out that I don't want to tell them what it is because they just nodded and changed the topic.
They talked about school and how excited they are, especially Morgan , that we'll be graduating highschool. They asked me questions and I just said only some few words and nod at what they are saying. I can relate how excited they are in graduating. But I can't say the same about being independent and going to college cause I'm already independent and well , college is not in my to do list . As I said , I think I won't go to college because it's too expensive . Yes orphans like me get money once you go to college but it's not enough. I will be an adult when I turn eighteen , they expect us to find a job so that we can tend to our needs . The money is just for support . I'd rather save that money for an apartment somewhere far away from this town.
I can see in my peripheral vision that Brian keeps glancing my way. I just ignored him and my feelings toward him.
Many minutes passed and the teacher came back. He didn't even notice that Morgan , Brian , and Tyler are not in their original seats . He just said that we can go .
I collected my bag and headed outside to my bike. It's almost dark .
I biked my way towards the orphanage.