Chapter 15

Previously,

Claire can't feel physical pain , she realizes this halfway through freshman year of highschool.

That's all the things you should know in the previous chapter.
____________________________________

Classes just ended , I had another meet up with Brian and the others today. They offered me a ride but I refused and told them that I have to stop by at some store to buy a few things and told them that I'll meet them at Brian's house... I lied , I'm not going to some shop but they believed it nevertheless. I was trying to avoid Brian and his impending stare and these confusing feelings that I have.

I waited for a good 20 minutes in my room before I meet up with them.

Once I got there I knocked on the door , Brian opened it with a smile on his face and said a "come in".

He led me through the living room and I took a seat on the one person couch , trying to avoid much human contact as possible.

"Hey Claire" Morgan greeted with a smile as well as Tyler.
" Hey" I said to the both of them.

We quickly got into work , the three of us having to build a part of the bridge.

We were working while talking , well except for Morgan in the working part , she's mostly been the one whose done all the talking. Both the guys were concentrated on their task only nodding back at her to let her know they were listening.

We decided on transferring to the floor so it would be easier .

"So Claire , what college do you plan on going?" Morgan asked while fidgeting on a popsicle stick .

"I do not know" I replied , my eyes glued at the 2 pieces that I have in between my fingers finding out all possible ways to connect the both of them and which will be more effective.

"Oh , have you not decided what course to take yet?"

"I'm not sure if I'm gonna go to college." I said still not having eye contact.
"Why?" Tyler joined in our conversation.

Everyone was now looking at me waiting for the answer , I didn't look up to see if they are but I can feel them looking at me expectantly. I continued working though .

I understand why they ask me questions , it's natural for humans to ask , so I'm okay with that but there are just some things that are better left unsaid.

I haven't been honest with them , and it is wrong of me to do that . But I wouldn't be in their lives for too long and when I'm gone I'll only be a memory to them. Just another part of life that comes and goes never to be seen again.

I avoided their gaze while I held up the other part of what I'm working on from the floor. I have decided to use hot glue instead of  glue or tape. From experience , hot glue is much stronger and effective in piecing one and two together than the other 2 choices which are the glue and tape.

"Claire it's dripping!" Morgan suddenly shouted . I finally made eye contact with her.

I did not know what she meant but when Brian quickly got the glue gun out of my hands that is when I understood.

The hot glue was dripping and it landed on the back of my hand. A large amount of hot glue was on my hand , it must've been dripping for a while now and I haven't felt a thing.

Someone grabbed my arm and I suddenly felt something similar to a shock of electricity from where the person touched me. I looked up to see who it was that caused this strange sensation burst out on me just from that mere contact , I was met with grey eyes... Brian. He helped me up and dragged me to a huge kitchen , Morgan and Tyler following. My face remained passive, not showing any indication that I was feeling pain or shock from when Brian touched me.

He turned the faucet on and placed my hand under the running water then removed the dried up glue and turned the tap off. He grabbed a towel and placed my hand on top of it while inspecting the back of my hand.
I observed his actions , he had a concerned expression on his face , his forehead was scrunched up... He looked adorab... What's happening to me? I need to snap out of this but I can't help it when I am in this close proximity with him and how his touch leaves this trail of tingles on my hand. 

"Does it hurt?"
I was snapped out of my daze when he began to roll up my sleeve .
I quickly backed away and placed my left hand the one that was burned from the hot glue on top of my right hand.

I looked at him and replied, "No"

He almost saw the cut that Rachel had given me 2 days ago , I won't let that happen.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yes"

"Okay , but you need to put some ointment on it." He said , I nodded and Tyler handed me it. I applied some and gave it back to Brian.

"I can't believe you're fine, hot glue is dangerous , I have been a victim of that vile thing many times now and it hurts like hell." Morgan dramatically said.

"But seriously, are you really okay?" She came closer , concern evident on her face.

"Yes , thank you for all of your concern." I said to them.

I went back to the living room and the others joined moments later and we continued our work.
I sat back down on the floor and looked at my burn . It was red and any normal person would feel the after effects of getting burned but I didn't.

My mind wandered back to when Brian touched me. I wondered if he felt it too.
I don't usually like human touch...but his touch... It's different .

____________________________________

Please vote and tell me what you think about this chapter:)