Chapter 16

"....in every 30 minutes of play, it will generate energy up to 50%...then in 1 hour you will have reached the full capacity, 100% and it can charge up to 3-5 gadgets..."

I'm currently working on my science fair project. I've been here for approximately 6 hours 11 minutes and 23 seconds since morning and now it's 3:26 in the afternoon.

I made a lot of progress considering it's Saturday.
My weekends usually consist of the continuation of this project and sometimes taking afternoon strolls at the park or any other place where there are fewer to no humans present.

I organized my desk to the way that fits my satisfaction. Arranging every book, tool, pencil to perfection or what I define of it as perfection. Once I was satisfied with the placements I grabbed my shoes and went outside and began my afternoon stroll.

Brian's POV

"Are you sure we're not lost?" Morgan whined for the third time since we started walking into the woods.

"I'm sure, I know it's in this part of the forest somewhere," I replied and kept on walking.
To be honest, I'm not really sure if we are heading in the right direction, but I just feel like we're near.

Just when I thought of turning back the way we left, a weeping willow tree came into view.

"There," Tyler pointed at the tree that I was talking about.

"We weren't lost after all. You guys should learn to never doubt me, I have a good sense of direction which means I know exactly where I'm going." I defended myself. Tyler raised his arms in surrender.

"Whatever" Morgan said while rolling her eyes.

"In fact, you should call me the way-finder or the tree whisperer."

"Okay, All-mighty Brian, whisperer of the trees."Tyler laughed hard and playfully bowed down. I laughed along and Morgan couldn't help but laugh as well at our foolishness.

We made our way to the weeping willow, it was our landmark to the beautiful plane area we discovered last summer when me and Tyler we're bored and decided to go exploring.

I parted the leaves of the tree and was met with a breathtaking view. It was the perfect place to relax and hang out.

We went to the hill in the middle of the plane area. It has a tree on top of it, that's where we always hang out.

We were nearing the tree and I was greeted by a surprising sight.

I stopped walking.

And there she was, she looked so peaceful, she stood there, her side profile facing me, she had her eyes closed, her head tilted upwards. It was a beautiful sight...she was beautiful.

She didn't seem to notice us, she was lost in her own world that I so wanted to be lost in too with her. I can't believe something like that...something like her, so cold and secretive could be so beautiful, that I can't seem to take my eyes off of her. Everything around us is beautiful and eye-catching, the trees, the sky, the flowers, but I chose to look at her, the beauty that is in front of me.

I haven't seen her in this state before. Every time I see her, I seem to have learned or observed something. In this world full of people, she's the one that stood up for me. She's a complete mystery.

When I first saw her, on my first day of school here halfway through junior year of high school, I was drawn to her. She didn't notice my existence back then because I have observed that she doesn't care if someone stares at her from afar or maybe she just chose to ignore it. I was curious to know more about the quiet and emotionless girl who everyone says to be stupid.

"Hey" she suddenly said. I was startled a little, she opened her eyes. How did she know that there was someone else here besides her?

She didn't seem shocked that we are here yet again she is not one to show emotions.

"Hey, sorry for interrupting your peace, we can go if you want to," Morgan said.

"No, it's fine, you can stay. And you did not interrupt anything, in fact, you saved me." She said, facing us.

We came closer and we sat on the grass. She seemed hesitant to join us but she sat nonetheless.

"How, and saving you from what?" Morgan asked, just as clueless as I am.

Claire faced the beautiful scenery in front of us.

We sat under the tree, Tyler with his back on the tree while Morgan sat next to his feet. I sat beside Morgan and Claire was in between Tyler and me. We were sat in a circle.

I waited for her to answer. She seems to always calculate everything that she says and does.

"Me" she finally said.

I didn't understand what she meant by you saved me, I'm desperate to ask more but I didn't want to appear intrusive. So I let it go.

"How did you guys discover this place?" She changed the subject.

"Last summer when Brian and I were so bored so we decided to go on an adventure and we stumbled upon this enchanting place" Tyler replied, putting his arms at the back of his head trying to make himself comfortable.

She nodded in reply.

"How about you?" Morgan asked.

"8 years ago when I was being chased by other children so I ran to the forest in hopes that they wouldn't find me. I kept running until I found this place since then I kept coming back"

It amazes me how she doesn't show any emotions when it comes so naturally to every other people in this world.

There was silence for a couple of minutes. Each of us silently enjoying the view.

________________________________

I have edited chapter 1. It is so much better than the other one and I'm happy with how it went. I will continue editing all chapters.

Thank you for reading and for all the nice comments. It gave me the motivation to upload.
I'm planning to discipline myself from now on and update weekly.
:)