Chapter 9

It's funny how I want to confide all my hidden emotions to someone but at the same time I didn't.

It's confusing but I don't think about it much or else my thoughts are gonna swallow me whole .

Wanting also means that I'm hoping . I can't believe I'm still hoping to something that I know is not gonna happen.

The hallways are mostly deserted  as the students made their way to the cafeteria.

I was heading to the library so that I can eat my lunch in peace . But as I passed the music room I stopped. There was no one else here so I stepped inside and slowly closed the double doors.

I looked left and right looking if someone was inside but there was no one.

I slowly walked to the Grand piano the thing that made me stop in my tracks .

I no longer thought about anything as my attention began focusing on the beautiful , elegant  instrument in front of me. I moved my hands from the keys to the other and when I got to the end , I quietly sat down and placed my hand on top of the keyboard. I crossed my feet and straightened my posture as always .  Then began readying my fingers , placing them on the right keys.

I inhaled slowly closing my eyes . The feeling of peace surrounds me . Blocking everything .

I no longer care about anything as my fingers began moving creating a beautiful Melody.

I was still Closing my eyes knowing this piece by heart. All my emotions were portrayed in this song.

Each finger served different purposes and emotions . Playing with so much emotion making me feel at peace. Everything was so familiar yet Everytime I play it  feels different. 

I just want this to last forever. Not caring about anything, only feeling at peace but that will never happen .

As I was nearing the end the tune became quiet .

When I was done I opened my eyes and saw my reflection at the floor to ceiling mirror.

My eyes are still the same, cold and empty, the blue is not as blue as before , it was now dull and lifeless. If someone would truly look at me , they would certainly see how broken I truly am . And my face is still void of any emotion. I sighed . When I looked up again I saw people in the reflection .

I looked back and saw Morgan , Tyler , and Brian , all were looking at me. Morgan and Tyler was looking at me in awe while Brian was looking at me with curious eyes . I was almost lost just staring at them.

Morgan started clapping.
"That was amazing!" she exclaimed.

I stood up and looked for my bag , it was on the floor , I was so into my own world a while ago that I forgot where I put it.

I picked it up and slung it on my back. Then looked at them and stared for 5 seconds and just nodded slowly. I was about to walk out of the room when I saw Rachel and her friends from the narrow crack of the door.

I stopped and had an internal battle with myself. Continue going outside and face the wrath of Rachel and having the possibility of being hurt or stay inside the music room .

I chose the latter. I began making my way to one of the chairs that was meant for the choir and sat down.

They all had questioning looks on their faces when Rachel suddenly laughed at what her friends said . They probably know why I didn't go out cause they sat at the other seats near mine.

I put my bag on my lap.

"That was so amazing , how did you learn how to do that ?" Morgan asked. She still had that amazed look on her. How is it so easy for other people to express their emotions on their faces. Nothing seems to make me show my emotions.

"Practice" I simply said.

"You're like Beethoven" Tyler smiled .

"Yeah, do you know other songs besides that one?"Morgan asked.

I nodded.

"You could really feel every emotion , it was--" she stood up but was cut off.

"Beautiful" Brian stared right at me, I stared back.

"Thank you" we still held our gazes on each other. I stared , trapped by the intensity of his eyes.

It felt like we looked at each other for hours when in reality it was only a minute when someone cleared their throat. That seemed to snap us back to reality .

I glanced at the other two in the room , both of them were looking at us .

"Yeah , that was beautiful Claire. Why haven't you joined or gotten music classes?" she continued speaking.

"I didn't want to"

"Oh, you should really join though , you play like a professional , and you can even play with your eyes closed. We all saw you play from the start. " she got excited again. So they've been watching me from the start.

"Yeah we saw you when we got out of the e-class room. You were walking like you were in a daze so we followed you. We didn't mean to break your moment but when you started playing , its like we were drawn." she said apologetically.

"It's fine , you didn't ruin anything." It's true , they didn't ruin the moment . I was in a trance , I forgot everything including my surroundings. It's always like that.